Avon

StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone bother with Avon anymore?
If I see something that I really like then I will buy it, if I have the money of course, however I'm thinking about not bothering.

Sometimes when I order Items such as hand cream, in the next brochure I receive, the Item is in the sale or in the BOGOF offer (Buy one get one free) which is very irritating.
Once I ordered black eyeliner which was in the sale at 99p,but it was hard to apply.

Avon has been around for years now and I was wondering who orders from the brochure?

Comments

• shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    I order on line and they do really good offers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I know someone with a catalogue then I'll order but no one sticks at it very long. I like their products and I love flicking through an Avon book :D
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From previous threads, I know that a few DS members get :mad: :mad: :mad: at unsolicited catalogues being put through their door!
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I thought they split out into North Somerset, Bristol, BANES and South Gloucestershire?
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a lipstick off Avon.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    If I know someone with a catalogue then I'll order but no one sticks at it very long. I like their products and I love flicking through an Avon book :D

Some do. My wife's been doing Avon for over 5 years.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    From previous threads, I know that a few DS members get :mad: :mad: :mad: at unsolicited catalogues being put through their door!

Yes, what an absolute nightmare it must be for them :rolleyes:
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I buy bits and bobs now and then. It's sometimes difficult when you can't actually see before you buy. My Avon lady is lovely though and always reassures me that it's not a problem to return stuff.

Generally the stuff is a bit over priced but there are bargains to be had. Good quality stuff and usually nicely packed/presented.

I understand the 'Avon ladies' are struggling a bit though competing with Avon online.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    No, I don't. I only wear mascara and blusher, and tend to stick with the same make I have used for years.

Maybe Avon have changed now, but I seem to remember that all their scents smelled more or less the same.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get all my cosmetics from Boots. You can actually see the stuff and try the testers. Much better way of shopping.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    I thought they split out into North Somerset, Bristol, BANES and South Gloucestershire?
    lol.. as somebody in BANES that tickled me ... but then I'm easily amused :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    No, I don't. I only wear mascara and blusher, and tend to stick with the same make I have used for years.

Maybe Avon have changed now, but I seem to remember that all their scents smelled more or less the same.
    That's my abiding memory of them too from when my Mum used them years ago.
  • mike_dunnmike_dunn Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    I'm fed up with them giving us their catalogue. They left one last weekend and I couldn't find it when she came for it. Right rude fat chav she was. :mad: She said "Well I'll be back this time tomorrow with my husband and you'd better have it then." So we found it but wife hadn't ordered anything and I told them not to give us any more or they'd go in the bin. ;) Another last night so it's in our recycling bin.:)
  • ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    I love lots of Avon perfumes and talcs and many of their great products

I used to have a friend who I would frequently buy from
    I have not bought them from her for years
    and once in a blue moon I have got things from a lovely seller babyjaney28 ......on Ebay
  • tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike_dunn wrote: »
    I'm fed up with them giving us their catalogue. They left one last weekend and I couldn't find it when she came for it. Right rude fat chav she was. :mad: She said "Well I'll be back this time tomorrow with my husband and you'd better have it then." So we found it but wife hadn't ordered anything and I told them not to give us any more or they'd go in the bin. ;) Another last night so it's in our recycling bin.:)

Crikey poor you. All that rudeness over an unsolicited book. I know they cost about .80p per book, (I did a little online research). But still...... it's not as if you requested it.

I am pleased you put the subsequent book in the recycling bin, good for you;).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike_dunn wrote: »
    Good for you if she didn't get the message. If she turns up all angry and harrassing you, tell her you'll report her to Avon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, what an absolute nightmare it must be for them :rolleyes:

Yes, usually accompanied by some apocryphal tale of woe about how rude the agent was. It was a good troll here for a while.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I buy now and then, one of the staff at Curves is an Avon rep so I'll usually take home the book and have a flick through.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I am always ordering from Avon. I have had the same Avon lady for years. Even if I just spend a fiver, I always order from every brochure she brings.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I love Avon. I do like their skin care/ fragrance/hair care and make up. I do think ordering online is a bit expensive though. It is cheaper to order from an Avon lady, or man, rather than online.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an Avon round for about 3 years when my children were younger, it was quite good fun and I made enough money for treats for them for Christmas. No-one was ever rude to me, thankfully - obviously some people said they didn't want a brochure but that's fine I didn't call again.

My mum took over my round and did it for about 15 years until recently. She found it too hard work now she's in her 70s.

I still buy foundation, body sprays and other odds and ends via a friend of a friend who does it.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »

Nooooooooo! :D
  • Its-GillianIts-Gillian Posts: 3,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Avon! I buy all my nail polishes from there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Used to use their tyres, Avon roadrunners, were not bad, but that market changed considerably when Michelin introduced radials.

However I do like their RIBs