Options

HTC One X - No 3G

Buster1874Buster1874 Posts: 1,299
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello. I can't say I understand much about the subject, but I never see a 3G connection on my HTC One X, only "G". Any idea what the problem is? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What network are you on? Have you checked on their website that 3G coverage is available in your area
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vodafone, I didn't know you could do that...
  • Options
    drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can but don't put 100% faith in its accuracy.

Link:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/our-network-and-coverage/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Also is the handset official UK stock or a grey import and when was the SIM last changed.
  • Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised you are only get GPRS, as I get the same in the town I work in.

As the OP said don't rely on it, it says they are working on 3G data in Ashbourne but according to CS it won't be available until 2015!
  • Options
    steffanglsteffangl Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Buster1874 wrote: »
    Vodafone, I didn't know you could do that...

Vodafone have the worse 3G coverage of all networks.
    EE and 3 have nearly as good 3G as Voda and O2 have on 2G.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Buster1874 wrote: »
    Hello. I can't say I understand much about the subject, but I never see a 3G connection on my HTC One X, only "G". Any idea what the problem is? Thanks.

Go to Settings> More> Mobile Networks>

Here you will see a list, You may have an option that says "Use 2G networks only". Make sure that is unticked.

then tap on "Set network" or "network mode" (whichever one your phone says) and there should be an option that says WCDMA/GSM. Make sure that option is selected and not GSM only.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, that map was useful..we do have a poor signal around here.