Sectarian Cameron

Comments

• GardencroftGardencroft Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Why are they doing a St Patricks thing anyway?? don't we have enough of it when it comes around each year? The whole leprechaun thing and the red hair etc is a bit crap anyhow . There is nothing like reducing a whole nation down to a stereotype.

Still lets keep it BB or it'll get nasty here - 30 years of war ain't going to be put right here;)
  • DigiUKDigiUK Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by skazza
    the facts are that if he whistled a protestant anthem then i expect that some catholics would be offended...
    or have i got this totally wrong??

I'm Catholic, and I'm offended.

Edna, it must be killing you to watch the HM's in the Irish bar every night.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by DigiUK
    I should change my original post to say Orange Order - defending protestant supremacy. You cannot deny that the Orange Order are at the root of the trouble in the six counties and now it seems sadly Scotland. The days of this organisation akin to the KKK are over.

But we shouldnt talk politics in this thread :D

Tough. You insult my country and my heritage and an organisation that members of my family have been proud to belong to and don't expect me to respond?

The Orange Order is not at the root of the trouble in Northern Ireland. The IRA managed to stir the trouble quite nicely themselves by conducting a continuing campaign of murder, intimidation and violence in the Province.
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ach matt, du bist schon, aber ich bin nur fur frau skazza ;)
  • matt.bmatt.b Posts: 8,815
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by skazza
    ach matt, du bist schon, aber ich bin nur fur frau skazza ;)

You are only for Mrs. skazza? :confused::)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Edna
    The Orange Order is not at the root of the trouble in Northern Ireland. The IRA managed to stir the trouble quite nicely themselves by conducting a continuing campaign of murder, intimidation and violence in the Province.

The Provisional IRA were founded in 1969 to defend Catholic communties from Loyalist murder mobs. It's only now we're starting to be treating on an equal par as yourselves. If your going to blame anyone for the troubles, blame the Unionist supremacy that was the basis for the illegal foundation of the statelet after partition.
  • lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edna thank you for bringing the educated viewpoint to this discussion. I for one do not pretend to know anything about this issue - I think we should all listen to you and others in the know before jumping to conclusions.

Even though I have been one of Cameron's defenders on this forum I would withdraw my support if I knew for sure he was deliberately being sectarian, but from what Edna says this may not be the case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Catholic, and I'm offended.

Edna, it must be killing you to watch the HM's in the Irish bar every night.

Nope - that's just an example of your bigotry to assume that. I've drunk in enough Irish pubs myself - and even managed to stand when they played the national anthem at the end of the night.

Perhaps you should stop getting wound up over a song and get more wound up over the housemates painting themselves green and propagating stupid Irish stereotypes?

Oh, and that comment was put forward by my boyfriend - who happens to be half-Irish and who certainly isn't offended by 'The Sash' since he enjoyed himself quite a bit at the Orange parades last year and intends to do so again this year.
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you did say you love me, matt...:confused:
    what do you think of big brother...
    anyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Edna if your boyfriend isn't offended, then I shouldn't.

So it's settled then.
    Forum Member
    Tough. You insult my country and my heritage and an organisation that members of my family have been proud to belong to and don't expect me to respond?

Can you please stop, blame the Orange Order blame the IRA. Both of them are as shitty as the rest. Get a life and leave it. Just as ****ing stupid as being proud to be aryan, british, south african. There is NOTHING to be proud of as you have been born in that. No achievement by you. Pathetic.

Nationalism is the self-confidence of loosers as there is nothing else they can be proud of. How can you be proud of being born into something ....... :confused: :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Provisional IRA were founded in 1969 to defend Catholic communties from Loyalist murder mobs. It's only now we're starting to be treating on an equal par as yourselves. If your going to blame anyone for the troubles, blame the Unionist supremacy that was the basis for the illegal foundation of the statelet after partition.

Since you're posting from Eire, which is the Republic of Ireland, I fail to see why you're comparing yourself with people in Northern Ireland since they are two different countries.

Northern Ireland was not founded illegally, even though it took Eire long enough to drop their claim from their constitution.
  • GardencroftGardencroft Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    The Provisional IRA were founded in 1969 to defend Catholic communties from Loyalist murder mobs. It's only now we're starting to be treating on an equal par as yourselves.

Oh I see and the man my father worked with who lost a leg in the B'ham pub bombings did what exactly to the catholic community??.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by matt.b
    Can you please stop, blame the Orange Order blame the IRA. Both of them are as shitty as the rest. Get a life and leave it. Just as ****ing stupid as being proud to be aryan, british, south african. There is NOTHING to be proud of as you have been born in that. No achievement by you. Pathetic.

Nationalism is the self-confidence of loosers as there is nothing else they can be proud of. How can you be proud of being born into something ....... :confused: :rolleyes:

Don't you dare tell me to get a life or call me a loser. If you don't understand then just stay out of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets look at it a little more simple

Cameron is Scottish
    In scotland whistling the Sash is being Bigoted,

meaning He is a bigot nothing more too it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Edna, as a citizen of Eire, I can be resident in all 32 counties which make up the nation.

I live in North Antrim as a matter of fact. Founding a country on the basis of religious majority is illegal. Check with the UN if your not satisfied.

Good luck to all in Scotland BTW.
    Forum Member
    Since you're posting from Eire, which is the Republic of Ireland, I fail to see why you're comparing yourself with people in Northern Ireland since they are two different countries.

Northern Ireland was not founded illegally, even though it took Eire long enough to drop their claim from their constitution.

Edna leave it eh :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Gardencroft
    Oh I see and the man my father worked with who lost a leg in the B'ham pub bombings did what exactly to the catholic community??.

I'm not defending the IRA, merely stating why they came about.
    Forum Member
    Don't you dare tell me to get a life or call me a loser. If you don't understand then just stay out of it.

:) come on hen calm down :) this stupid argument protestant against catholics is getting nowhere :) since centuries :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by matt.b
    talking about christianity, how can protestants and catholocs fight. Hypocracy to the nth degree. Dont dare to call yourself christian.. were is love there .. ? Just a thought :rolleyes:

Don't show your stupidity. I'm not a Christian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edna...you are right, we know very little about your country, heritage and troubles.

You call it terrorism...whist the other side calls it freedom fighting...and vice versa.

Obviously 'the sash' is not offensive to you...you have admitted coming from a family with ties to the Orange order.

Digi, however is on the other side of the argument and does find it offensive.

Its no different than me making a racist comment, offending a person...then another white person saying...I didnt find it offensive.

Silly example I know...but boils down to the same thing.
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Gardencroft

IRA AND ORANGE GOBLINS ARE BOTH WRONG..

cant you see :confused: noone is right here
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Lets look at it a little more simple

Cameron is Scottish

meaning He is a bigot nothing more too it.
    Bulls hit......

The day anyone gets offended with this sort of rubbish then they themselves are bigots Get a life.

I live in Scotland and myself would never be offended by either the Sash or the Fields of Athenrye.

And as for founding a country on religious majority, what a pile of poo!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HammyHammy Posts: 4,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by ***Angel***

Exactly, what does the sash have to do with Scotland? Nothing, It just an excuse for some to spew their hatred out at others. You just need to watch those idiots at Iprix at a weekend to see what effect it has on society over here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Tas
    And as for founding a country on religious majority, what a pile of poo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then tell me Tas, why was it founded?
This discussion has been closed.