Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might be a bit late to this but is it just me that finds the Flora advert where the boy describes walking in on his mum and dad 'wrestling' inappropriate?

Ugh, that advert makes me cringe. Hate it.
  • Britt_IshraelBritt_Ishrael Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An advert that I'm finding particularly irritating at the moment is one for Kindle where, in the middle of his party, an annoying man presses the 'Mayday' button on his Kindle in order to ask an equally annoying woman how to transfer a film from his Kindle to the telly
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new KFC ad with the singing
    can it get any worse???
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An advert that I'm finding particularly irritating at the moment is one for Kindle where, in the middle of his party, an annoying man presses the 'Mayday' button on his Kindle in order to ask an equally annoying woman how to transfer a film from his Kindle to the telly

Yes, we were talking about that one a few pages back :D Definitely one for the mute button, that one!

I saw a really annoying male perfume ad the other day. At first I was quite taken by the pretty visuals, with women as angels or something, and it was nice and artsy. Then 3 seconds before it ended, it turned all Lynx Ad and had pouty semi-clad model-angels waiting for this bloke in a changing room, and the guy turns to the camera with a smug smirk.

No. Just no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »
    can it get any worse???

Was just about to mention this. A lot of people say its funny but it just seemed to drag on and on. Also, the lidl ad needs to f**k off, it's usually on 2 or 3 times during every ad break and the voice makes me want to smash my tv in :mad:
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was just about to mention this. A lot of people say its funny but it just seemed to drag on and on. Also, the lidl ad needs to f**k off, it's usually on 2 or 3 times during every ad break and the voice makes me want to smash my tv in :mad:

I'm sure those people will get fed up with it after hearing it 3 or 4 times, i mean who wants to watch an ad that annoying and that long all the time ?
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    can it get any worse???

I've not seen that one yet but can it be worse than the KFC one from a few years ago, featuring women singing their mouths full?
  • MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Be More Dog advert where it says there is a song in it's heart is truly awful, you know a group of smug ad-men thought it was terribly quirky and 'out there' but it is just nonsensical, why would a dog give a toss about o2??

Well I get that they're trying to say 'be more inquisitive and excited by everything', but it just doesn't work!! The first advert with the tons of cats is ok, but the 'song in his heart' thing, it is just ridiculous, pointless, and tenuous. It actually makes me irritable when I see it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know this is a bit late, the the Lloyds bank (i think) advert with that awful man who still lives at home at 31- so let me get this straight, you are STILL at home at 31, sponging off your parents, but you have the nerve to complain about the food, the pets, etc, like a little whiny kid... then when you finally move out, WITH some financial help from said parents (they probably threw a party!) you have the nerve to say you 'actually' miss them (they won't miss you) and you condescend to see them once in a while because you 'cant cut the apron strings to soon' this advert says everything about the attitude of entitlement that the banks desperately want you to have, because with this attitude you will borrow and borrow and borrow... a horrible, cynical piece of advertising trying to come across as a bank that wants to help!!!

Well said.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    Was just about to mention this. A lot of people say its funny but it just seemed to drag on and on.

I only just saw that this morning and thought it was funny :o

The thing is it won't be long till they cut it down to 30 seconds and it won't make any sense at all. Think the John Lewis ad has already been shorten. A well spent 7 million there then :rolleyes:
  • Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I've not seen that one yet but can it be worse than the KFC one from a few years ago, featuring women singing their mouths full?

You can, and probably will, hate me for this but I like that advert.
    Bugs me how that got banned and the most sexist avert ever for oven pride was upheld.
  • Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I only just saw that this morning and thought it was funny :o

The thing is it won't be long till they cut it down to 30 seconds and it won't make any sense at all. Think the John Lewis ad has already been shorten. A well spent 7 million there then :rolleyes:

I seen the John Lewis ad for the first time yesterday and it was the shortened version. Would like to see the full one but even 30 seconds is too much lily Allen.
    First I've heard of this KFC ad.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I briefly noticed this ad a few times, but genuinely thought it was an ad for some weird Channel 4 show about the stupidness of people that will use anything for beauty - Holland and Barratt's 'Snail Gel' face cream.

WTF!?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Lenitive wrote: »
    I thought I was watching a really nice advert for HB pencils -- because maybe pencil sales have slumped lately, or they could be advertising the perfect present for a Secret Santa (well...) -- but no. It turned out they were advertising something else that had been to space, started poems, finished songs...

An iPad. Which they reveal from behind the pencil. Are you kidding me.

Pah, never mind. Pencils are so crucial that they don't need big-budget, over-produced adverts - something Apple can only dream of :p

Haha! I thought the same. :D

In my naivety, I thought it was a refreshing change to see the humble pencil in the spotlight and having its own advert. Wrong!
  • tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That dam Sainsburys advert with that stupid kid going berserk shouting and screaming running back and fo really grates on my nerves.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "DKNY Delicious"...perfume add with yet another stupid sounding little girly voice song.
    Kill them all...with fire! :mad:
    Forum Member
    I seen the John Lewis ad for the first time yesterday and it was the shortened version. Would like to see the full one but even 30 seconds is too much lily Allen.
    First I've heard of this KFC ad.

Lily Allen has ruined that song and the ad is too gushy :sleep:

There is a link to the KFC up top of here somewhere.
    Forum Member
    tawe wrote: »
    That dam Sainsburys advert with that stupid kid going berserk shouting and screaming running back and fo really grates on my nerves.

I was just going to post about Sainsbury self serving bloody rubbish ads :mad: They just used up the whole 5 or seemed liked 10 minutes ad break, with that crap :mad:
  • Kayyy92Kayyy92 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I know this is a thread for bad adverts, but..

I just saw the John Lewis advert for the first time..I know it cost an extortionate amount of money to make but god..What a beautiful advert.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    atg wrote: »
    I promise I haven't been drinking heavily, but did I really see a woman having sex with a large dog in her driveway in an advert this week? What the hell?

Someone please put this poster out of his misery and say there's no such ad because if there is...:eek: :D
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Barclays advert with the girl and her best friend and the Halifax advert with 'Linda' - who was in Holby City a few weeks ago!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone please put this poster out of his misery and say there's no such ad because if there is...:eek: :D

She's simply rolling around playing with her dog as its her size
  • MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know this is a bit late, the the Lloyds bank (i think) advert with that awful man who still lives at home at 31- so let me get this straight, you are STILL at home at 31, sponging off your parents, but you have the nerve to complain about the food, the pets, etc, like a little whiny kid... then when you finally move out, WITH some financial help from said parents (they probably threw a party!) you have the nerve to say you 'actually' miss them (they won't miss you) and you condescend to see them once in a while because you 'cant cut the apron strings to soon' this advert says everything about the attitude of entitlement that the banks desperately want you to have, because with this attitude you will borrow and borrow and borrow... a horrible, cynical piece of advertising trying to come across as a bank that wants to help!!!

Without sounding paranoid, I can't help but feel its pandering to the governments attitude that ALL kids should be living at home till they're at least 25 because none can really afford to live independently with the current ridiculously overpriced housing market. The advert makes my teeth clench with anger. For one, if you're an adult, ruddy live like one. I moved out at 15 which is majorly young, but come on, whining about the cooking!? He's lucky he gets meals cooked for him the little runt. Those parents deserve a break once a kid is legally an adult. Makes me want to go and punch something!
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert for the Carrie remake featuring loud, abrasive noises that appear to be ubiquitous in horror film trailers. No, it's not scary. Stop doing it.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Allinson's bank manager must be happy this Christmas, how many music adverts is he currently voicing?

"The UK's favourite tenor", "The album of the year" "The perfect album for Christmas"....
This discussion has been closed.