Children don't make you happier?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    I think there's no such thing as a consistent experience. My only plea to some "parental-types" is to remember, in e.g. the work situation, you are back in the world of the adult PEER group. Your colleagues are not errant children. You don't necessarily become "wiser" or even morally superior. :p
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nitpick wrote: »
    I think there's no such thing as a consistent experience. My only plea to some "parental-types" is to remember, in e.g. the work situation, you are back in the world of the adult PEER group. Your colleagues are not errant children. You don't necessarily become "wiser" or even morally superior. :p
    Are some people like that? I've only had that experience with a relative who is a primary school teacher and talks to everyone as if they are small children with no common sense or initiative.
    I certainly don't consider myself to morally superior to my childfree colleagues - I often envy them the freedom they have to do what they want, when they want, without having to plan ahead in minute detail.