Options

Help finding a book - horror

purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been racking my brains but can't remember it. It was something to do with a cult, a daughter goes missing and her father is trying to find her. He does and basically part of the cult is to eat yourself and you end up being this little bundle of internal organs wrapped in a white cloth.

That's all I remember - it reminds me of James Herbert/Graham Masterton but doesn't seem to be by either of them! Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Purple

Comments

• Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like something written by Richard Laymon.

http://rlk.stevegerlach.com/rlbiblio.htm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    It sounds like something written by Richard Laymon.

http://rlk.stevegerlach.com/rlbiblio.htm

Thanks for the replay, I have ALL of his books as he is/was a GOD when it came to writing horror and I'm afraid it's not one of his, I ready it about 15 years ago
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a graham masters on one about that, I can't rembr what it is called, cos it disturbed me and I stopped reading.

Just been through the book case and that one is in the loft! Just discovered 5 books in paperback I've bought on the kindle! Grr good job they where all 20p :-D

Just been on amazon, the one I am thinking of is ritual.
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like the one!!
    Restaurant inspector Charlie McLean is trying to rebuild his relationship with his estranged fifteen-year-old son Martin on one of his inspection itineraries in rural Connecticut. During the trip, however, he becomes aware of a mysterious dining society known as Le Reposoir, and on making numerous enquiries, finds himself frustrated at every turn. Charlie's trip turns nightmarish however, when Martin suddenly disappears. Charlie discovers that Le Reposoir is actually the seat of a strange religious sect called the Celestines, who believe in attaining spiritual enlightenment by self-ingestion. Worse, he finds that Martin has joined this sect as one of its devotees.

The Celestines plan to use Martin as a willing sacrifice in a ritual which they believe will result in the second coming of Christ, but which Charlie discovers is actually intended to raise voodoo demon Baron Samedi. Aided by a plucky woman reporter and a parent whose child was converted by the Celestines, Charlie abandons his job and travels across America, determined to win Martin back from their clutches.
    Except it's a son and not a daughter:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it could be something by Guy N Smith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_N._Smith
  • Options
    Molly_636Molly_636 Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Ita called Ritual and its by Graham Masterson. I bought it years ago but it doesnt seem to be available now?
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is available as part of an omnibus along with Walkers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Molly_636 wrote: »
    Ita called Ritual and its by Graham Masterson. I bought it years ago but it doesnt seem to be available now?

I'm sure I have this book, it's been so long I could be misremembering and it's a boy not a girl.

I'll try and dig it out to check - shame it's not available for the Kindle as I'd just buy it again, love Masterton anyway!

Not 100% sure from the synopsis but it does look like it