Valentines Day isnt good when your single :(

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
Valentines Day isnt good when your single :( its gonna be a shit day tomorrow for me and being in work surrounded by staff talking about what their doing and surrounded by customers all loved up. Anyone else in this situation?

Comments

• CherumanCheruman Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe this will help?

;-) I kid, personally I'm not bothered about other people's relationships - just enjoy a life where you can do whatever you want when you want, no nagging :)
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I'm in a relationship myself but I bloody hate Valentine's Day. It makes many single people feel worse about themselves for no good reason, and it lines the pockets of shops and restaurants everywhere.

It's mid-February. I'm still paying for Christmas :blush:
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't all its cracked up to be when you are married either. :D Its just a waste of money. No romance in this house. :):) Go out with your pals and have a great night instead.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentines Day isnt good when your single :( its gonna be a shit day tomorrow for me and being in work surrounded by staff talking about what their doing and surrounded by customers all loved up. Anyone else in this situation?

No, just you! Every other person in the world will be spending it with their loved ones. I suggest Bridget Jones DVD and some Ben and Jerrys!

On a serious note ... it's not that great for people in relationships either, gotta get another card, another gift, be all lovey dovey when really I just wanna get a takeaway and slob out with my hand down my pants.
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, just you! Every other person in the world will be spending it with their loved ones. I suggest Bridget Jones DVD and some Ben and Jerrys!

On a serious note ... it's not that great for people in relationships either, gotta get another card, another gift, be all lovey dovey when really I just wanna get a takeaway and slob out with my hand down my pants.

Now if you hadn't said about the card and gift I would have sworn you were my hubby. :D
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

FILTH! >:(

:D
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member

No. I got sick of being single so I put myself out there and found someone :p

I don't get why valentines day is such a big deal, especially for single women, who seem to think it is some terrible thing to be single on that day. What about the other 364 days? :D

Then you get in a relationship and realise it involves buying overpriced chocolates and cramming yourself into the nearest restaurant, lest you be considered unromantic...

...God damn, I really miss that rolleyes smiley!! :cry::D
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely Valentines Day is all about slobbing out with someone elses hand down your pants.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    Surely Valentines Day is all about slobbing out with someone elses hand down your pants.

:D:D:D
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought that was Palm Sunday?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uffa wrote: »
    It isn't all its cracked up to be when you are married either. :D Its just a waste of money. No romance in this house. :):) Go out with your pals and have a great night instead.

I don't think we have ever done anything for valetines day.
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    I don't think we have ever done anything for valetines day.

That's great if you both happen to agree, but not all couples are like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    No. I got sick of being single so I put myself out there and found someone :p

I don't get why valentines day is such a big deal, especially for single women, who seem to think it is some terrible thing to be single on that day. What about the other 364 days? :D

Then you get in a relationship and realise it involves buying overpriced chocolates and cramming yourself into the nearest restaurant, lest you be considered unromantic...

...God damn, I really miss that rolleyes smiley!! :cry::D

These couples going out for Valentines meals remind me of battery chickens. I have a friend who's a chef and he says on Valentines Day they kust try to cram as many in as possible, get the food down their gullets, ship them out and get the next load in.

Another thing. If you do go out for a romantic meal there will always be some bugger in the restaurant who orders the most expensive bottle of champagne or pulls out an engagement ring and you sit there swearing under your breathe whilst your partner glowers at you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was Palm Sunday?

:) Could even be a Good Friday but if your wife finds out it will be Boxing Day.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    I'm single, and it's just another day for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually moan about V-Day, but I actually have a date, cornily enough for it! Which is most unusual given that I've been terminally single for 4 years. But, there are some advantages:

* Cava & chocolate are on discounted sale at supermarkets
    * Trust me, you are NOT alone, loads of girls organise girly nights in with aforementioned chocolate, cava and a slushy movie or Sex & the City etc.
    * Most restaurant meals are usually shite on V-Day because of the demand proving too much, so you're missing out on wasting your money
    * It's better to have no significant other on V Day than it is to have no mother on Mother's Day & no father on Father's Day (latter is the case with me). Trust me.
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uffa wrote: »

Me and my husband don't do anything either, the last was the Valentine's fail of '07 when I asked for something "romantic" and I received a battery charger an a glow in the dark lightbulb!
    Forum Member
    These couples going out for Valentines meals remind me of battery chickens. I have a friend who's a chef and he says on Valentines Day they kust try to cram as many in as possible, get the food down their gullets, ship them out and get the next load in.

Another thing. If you do go out for a romantic meal there will always be some bugger in the restaurant who orders the most expensive bottle of champagne or pulls out an engagement ring and you sit there swearing under your breathe whilst your partner glowers at you.

Haha, yeah sounds about right. Half the time, I think they only want the large cards and big bunches of flowers so they can show it off to their mates. It's like a little competition to see who's boyfriend loves them more (where love actually equates to 'spending money') :p

I'd much rather stay in and make a meal now. I've done the whole cramming myself into a restaurant thing in the past, and I just don't think it's worth it, especially now most restaurants tend to be chains and lack any sort of soul.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Single people: On Valentine's Day, don't be all depressed and upset because nobody loves you.

Remember, nobody loves you on every other day of the year as well.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be alone.
    I'll have my Love Hearts
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,889
    Forum Member

Well I'm having root canal work done tomorrow- so I'll swap with you if you like :)
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like it when I'm in a relationship either. Currently single and loving it. Wouldn't mind a partner to share my life with mind you but even when I do have one, we won't be celebrating it :p
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    I don't like it when I'm in a relationship either. Currently single and loving it. Wouldn't mind a partner to share my life with mind you but even when I do have one, we won't be celebrating it :p

Unless of course, they really wanted to, then you'd sort of have to :p
  • ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonlily wrote: »
    Well I'm having root canal work done tomorrow- so I'll swap with you if you like :)

You've got a nerve.
    Forum Member
    ffawkes wrote: »
    You've got a nerve.

:D:D:D