Is it wrong to wear white or cream at a wedding?

2»

Comments

• Charlene FucasCharlene Fucas Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bugger.

i wore a cream dress to my mates wedding about 9 years ago. i didnt know you wernt supposed to! I should apologise really. No one bloody told me!

saying that (here i go again) its my wedding in 25 days and even though im wearing an ivory dress, if someone shows up in white, cream, ivory or what ever other dulux swatch you can think of i wont really give a shite! protocol about colours - bloody hell...

It's OK if you are a virgin. Have you thought about scarlet? Now there's a nice colour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you manage to keep it on dear?

Hee hee, now that would be telling!!

But I will tell, I got to take it off!
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's OK if you are a virgin. Have you thought about scarlet? Now there's a nice colour.
    ? eh? i just said im already wearing an ivory dress and i dont care if every last person on the day shows up in white or one of its many permutations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah wouldn't bother me - as long as it's not like my dress - anyone who gets worked up over something like that is probably leading a very charmed life!
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should wear it. I can't remember where I read it, but one of the reasons bridesmaids dress (or should) dress in similar colours to the bride is so that evil spirits looking to curse the bride have trouble picking her out amid all the others.

I say where white, and tell the bride you're doing her a favour by circumventing demons *l*
  • saladcreamsaladcream Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think it woud have bothered me at my wedding.. unless it was one of those " look at me i am the fittest in the land" kind of girls..

and the girl who is wearing cream to this wedding I am going to.. is one of these types and is constantly bragging about her tan, her boobs, her figure, her designer clothes.
  • Charlene FucasCharlene Fucas Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saladcream wrote: »
    I dont think it woud have bothered me at my wedding.. unless it was one of those " look at me i am the fittest in the land" kind of girls..

and the girl who is wearing cream to this wedding I am going to.. is one of these types and is constantly bragging about her tan, her boobs, her figure, her designer clothes.

I didn't know my daughter was getting married? Anyway she is far too young.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bugger.

i wore a cream dress to my mates wedding about 9 years ago. i didnt know you wernt supposed to! I should apologise really. No one bloody told me!

saying that (here i go again) its my wedding in 25 days and even though im wearing an ivory dress, if someone shows up in white, cream, ivory or what ever other dulux swatch you can think of i wont really give a shite! protocol about colours - bloody hell...

i spoke to my friend about it, she didnt care. good lass.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bugger.

i spoke to my friend about it, she didnt care. good lass.
  • Morgun FreesunMorgun Freesun Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Wear whatever just don't get your presents from wrapit or they will nickit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I get married I couldn't care what anyone turns up in. They can come naked or in fancy dress if they so desire. I'll be too wrapped up in enjoying the day I'd imagine to even notice!
  • fay144fay144 Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    I really don't get why people would be bothered about this. I couldn't have cared less what people wore to my wedding. It's not like my husband might have married someone else by mistake if they were in white, or any of the guests would have forgotten who invited them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it completely depends on the style of the dress. As long as it doesnt look like you're trying to be a part of the bridal party then I dont think it's a problem, but make sure there is at least some other colour in your accessories or something.

I was a bridesmaid at my friends wedding a couple of years ago. There was one girl who was a friend of her in-laws who was upset that she wasn't asked to be bridesmaid (why I dont know as she wasn't close to the bride!) and so went out and bought a dress in the same style and colour as the bridesmaid dresses.
    It was sad, and embarrassing for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was ivory and strapless.. and looked like something you would wear for a beach wedding! disgracefull
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    bit late for the topic now but my 2 penneth

white for a virgin bride
    cream for a ex bride
    and for guests anything but those 2 colours unless its minimal and mostly another colour
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My step-mother in-law wore white to our wedding. I asked her, conversationally, a few times prior to the wedding what she was wearing and she kept saying she didn't know, hadn't really thought about it, didn't know when she'd get the time to shop etc etc.

The she turned up in white. I wasn't surprised, and it wasn't even the most annoying thing she and FIL did on the day anyway :D

We aren't in touch now, although that isn't why! It was very typical of her, though.
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's fine for women but fellas should steer clear.