WWE Network

Comments

• Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky online rep are awful and have a history of doing this and getting it horribly wrong
    But if sky do agree a deal it will carry all wwe shows because sky have the rights to all wwe shows
    Something that nobody in the world has
    Be cool if they started with raw live Monday :)
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dax 21 wrote: »
    Sky online rep are awful and have a history of doing this and getting it horribly wrong
    But if sky do agree a deal it will carry all wwe shows because sky have the rights to all wwe shows
    Something that nobody in the world has
    Be cool if they started with raw live Monday :)

That would mean the UK would have different content to the live stream.

I presume such a channel would operate in a similar way to the movie channels where content can be shown uncut all day, but requires a pin number during the daytime.

Not sure how quickly Sky could get such a channel up and running.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would mean the UK would have different content to the live stream.

I presume such a channel would operate in a similar way to the movie channels where content can be shown uncut all day, but requires a pin number during the daytime.

Not sure how quickly Sky could get such a channel up and running.

Here is the conversation here
    http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-network-traditional-cable-channel-uk/
    The guy said you will have to get it from wwe themselves and not sky :confused:
    Maybe sky have given wwe an Epg slot:)
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive gotta admit £10 per month for the network (with ppvs & live raw / smackdown) would be magnificent value imo! ... truly would be a sky exclusive worth shouting about! :cool:
  • Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    ive gotta admit £10 per month for the network (with ppvs & live raw / smackdown) would be magnificent value imo! ... that truly would be a sky exclusive worth shouting about! :cool:

Meh, what about the rest of us who aren't Sky customers? Like Canada/Rogers, this is a crap deal and WWE will eventually come to realise it when they can't meet their international subscriber targets.

Least you're optimistic over the price though... :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, what about the rest of us who aren't Sky customers? Like Canada/Rogers, this is a crap deal and WWE will eventually come to realise it when they can't meet their international subscriber targets.

Least you're optimistic over the price though... :p

if folk arent happy then get the US version! (with hulu+) works out about the same £10. :cool:

(& if ya router cant do custom dns buy a cheap alternative!) ;-)
  • Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if folk arent happy then get the US version! (with hulu+) works out about the same £10. :cool:

(& if ya router cant do custom dns buy a cheap alternative!) ;-)

I'm little more than clueless over these matters, but wouldn't I lose service if I got a new router?

I have BT Infinity, by the way.
  • eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the WWE will have a channel on the Sky EPG but it won't be Sky branded? This keeps getting more and more odd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm little more than clueless over these matters, but wouldn't I lose service if I got a new router?

I have BT Infinity, by the way.

id imagine the homehub is just like the virgin superhub ... you can attach an alternative router & use that instead! ... you wouldnt lose ya service! :)
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Its a watch this space as before.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder, if we have to subscribe directly from WWE, will subscribers also get access to the on demand content in the same way as everyone else in addition to getting a WWE Network channel on the EPG?
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's going to be a Sky channel then, just as I thought months ago. Screwed like Canada.

And I can't even sort my Home Hub out to get the proper US OTT version! :(

Sorry if you have already answered this but rather than going via the router what devices do you have that you could watch the network on?.

The reason i ask this is because the Unblock US website has a good step by step guide in changing the DNS setting on the device or devices you will watch the network on.
  • decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to be a Sky channel then, just as I thought months ago. Screwed like Canada.

And I can't even sort my Home Hub out to get the proper US OTT version! :(

Do you have a games console? You can get it through that, and other devices, without having to mess about with the Home Hub. Just change the DNS settings on the device itself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eljmayes wrote: »
    So the WWE will have a channel on the Sky EPG but it won't be Sky branded? This keeps getting more and more odd.

Tell me about it:confused:
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    eljmayes wrote: »

Not that odd, WWE will have to pay every year for their EPG slot.

Network launches OTT, Sky make nothing. Network launches on Sky EPG, Sky make guaranteed money for as long as the channel stays on there
  • Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive gotta admit £10 per month for the network (with ppvs & live raw / smackdown) would be magnificent value imo! ... truly would be a sky exclusive worth shouting about! :cool:

For the vast majority of UK wrestling fan they woild be very happy with the idea of a standalone subscription channel with live PPVs & Raw, as well as Smackdown,all the WWE network wrestling shows (Main Event, Superstars & NXT) and probably all WWE Network originals (Legends House, The Monday Night Wars ect) then filling out the rest of the schedule with the WWE International Show (like Bottomline & WWE Experience), old PPVs and daytime edits of programmes all for £9.99 or £12.99 a month.

Only the most hardcore of fans will want the US version, and those that do can easily get around the geo-blocking.

Although would sky want to launch a standalone WWE channel or would they want to have the channel in one of their packages?

If there is a Sky WWE Channel then I wouldn't be too suprised to see it launched in the same way as the Sky Sports F1 channel, the WWE Network channel would be launched as a exclusive new channel available to all HD subscribers (and SD Sky Sports subscribers) and then after a year moved the channel over to the Sky Sports pack for all subscribers. I don't think sky would make the mistake they did with Sky Sports F1 where people (like me) were able to downgrade their package (to remove Sky Sports) the month before Sky rearranged it Subscription Packages. Therefore I'm on a legacy package of the full entertainment channels package and the old £10 HD fee - so in effect I'm paying £5 a month extra in order to keep Sky Sport F1.
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder, if we have to subscribe directly from WWE, will subscribers also get access to the on demand content in the same way as everyone else in addition to getting a WWE Network channel on the EPG?

Thats what im hoping, subscribe as normal through WWE.com and provide your viewing card number and you have access to the content on demand as well as the channel on Sky and WWE.com, similar to BT Sport
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They still don't know anything about it as of 20 minutes ago
    Twitter gone nuts:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If this is true I expect someone to say something tomorrow
    Forum Member

Where is that?
  • Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that odd, WWE will have to pay every year for their EPG slot

But what would a WWE channel show, if its not a Sky WWE channel, as Sky has the broadcast rights to all the wrestling shows that would be on the network. All a non Sky Run WWE channel would have the rights to would be the WWE Network original shows and old PPVs?

Therefore the idea that the WWE (or anyone other than Sky) will launch a WWE Network channel is blown out the water as Sky hold the rights till Dec 2019.

There are just so many different stories going around - sky took out an injunction, wwe never wanted to launch in the uk, fremantle contract consideration (although I said that in this forum and haven't seen it as a possible reason anywhere else) Sky are going to launch a WWE channel, WWE are going to launch their own channel.

The only thing I think that any of us can say for sure is that nobody knows what is going to happen, until the WWE (and any possible partner) issued a press release or statement .
    Forum Member
    It will show exactly what it shows in the US. PPV's, Archived programming, documentaries, all that jazz.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the vast majority of UK wrestling fan they woild be very happy with the idea of a standalone subscription channel with live PPVs & Raw, as well as Smackdown,all the WWE network wrestling shows (Main Event, Superstars & NXT) and probably all WWE Network originals (Legends House, The Monday Night Wars ect) then filling out the rest of the schedule with the WWE International Show (like Bottomline & WWE Experience), old PPVs and daytime edits of programmes all for £9.99 or £12.99 a month.

Only the most hardcore of fans will want the US version, and those that do can easily get around the geo-blocking.

Although would sky want to launch a standalone WWE channel or would they want to have the channel in one of their packages?

If there is a Sky WWE Channel then I wouldn't be too suprised to see it launched in the same way as the Sky Sports F1 channel, the WWE Network channel would be launched as a exclusive new channel available to all HD subscribers (and SD Sky Sports subscribers) and then after a year moved the channel over to the Sky Sports pack for all subscribers. I don't think sky would make the mistake they did with Sky Sports F1 where people (like me) were able to downgrade their package (to remove Sky Sports) the month before Sky rearranged it Subscription Packages. Therefore I'm on a legacy package of the full entertainment channels package and the old £10 HD fee - so in effect I'm paying £5 a month extra in order to keep Sky Sport F1.

yep you've summed it up wonderfully! ;-) ... the UK fans would be absolutely Ecstatic ... fantastic post!!! :) ... vince promised summit special & here it is! :cool: .... really really hope this is gonna happen asap! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i reckon itll be like SKY F1 aswell ... forgot to add that!!! :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is that?

Sky Twitter feed