Newcastle United Supporters Thread 2014/15 Season

Comments

• lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother is a Man United fan. One summer we were in the Greater Manchester area.

We were all talked into going to a friendly match between United and Inter Milan. I was promised some of the best players from each team would be playing.

So we got to the stadium.... Turns out we got the day right but not the location. They were playing in Italy lol :p

As for tonight... Going to be a tricky game, but we should have enough about us to win this game.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's team according to Lee Ryder's Twitter:

Starting Line Up: Elliot, Janmaat, Williamson, Dummett, Haidara, Abeid, Tiote (c), Gouffran, Perez, Ameobi and Cisse.

Subs Bench: Alnwick, Streete, S. Taylor, Anita, Cabella, Armstrong and Riviere.

Hopefully we can get a good result tonight, especially as we play Chelsea, Everton, Manchester United and Arsenal soon in the League.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we're 1-0 down at half-time. >:(

It currently looks like we're in a run of defeats again :( unless we play better in the second half and rescue the game.

Hopefully we can because we can't afford another defeat with Arsenal, Manchester United, Everton and Chelsea still to play this month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a 1-1 draw.

I'm glad Cisse scored but we still need a proven goalscorer in January.

I'm also wondering when our next win is going to happen. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still... It seems it's been a decent night for us with Spurs losing 3-0 to Chelsea and Everton being held at home to Hull :)

We stay where we were at top 9.

Chelsea will be very tough, even at St James's but I think At our best we can get a result so....

Bring them on :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We only need one more goal for 1100 goals in our Premier League history. :cool:

I also saw this on Lee Ryder's Twitter - with Papiss Cisse's goal (against Burnley) he's now joint tenth (with Obafemi Martins) in our all time Premier League goal scorers list:

1) Alan Shearer (303 games) (148 goals).
    2) Peter Beardsley (129) (47).
    3) Andy Cole (58) (43).
    =) Shola Ameobi (294) (43).
    5) Les Ferdinand (68) (41).
    6) Nolberto Solano (230) (37).
    7) Rob Lee (267) (34).
    8) Gary Speed (213) (29).
    =) Demba Ba (54) (29).
    10) Obafemi Martins (88) (28).
    =) Papiss Cisse (82) (28).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of goals, how many is it we've scored so far this season? 14? We need to be scoring more I reckon!

We're too goal shy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Speaking of goals, how many is it we've scored so far this season? 14? We need to be scoring more I reckon!

We're too goal shy.

We've scored 15 goals currently and I agree we need to score more goals, I also personally think we need a proven goalscorer in January as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's team from Lee Ryder's Twitter:

Starting Line Up: Elliot, Janmaat, Coloccini (c), S. Taylor, Dummett, Sissoko, Tiote, Colback, Ameobi, Perez and Cabella.

Subs Bench: Alnwick, Williamson, Haidara, Anita, Gouffran, Riviere and Cisse.

It's good that Coloccini is back, I doubt we'll get a good result though but I hope I'm wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good first half and Jack Colback has been great.

Hopefully we play as well in the second half.

Unfortunately though it looks like Elliot is injured and will probably be replaced by Alnwick. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great win. :cool::D
  • PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a result! Although I have to admit using a few choice words about Steven Taylor with 10 minutes to go :D
  • Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deserved for you.We were poor you werent.The Jose jynx continues
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big results considering the tough games continue.

Chelsea dominating possession as you'd expect but not really doing anything with it!

Great to see Cisse still has his scoring boots :D 3 in 2

It was a blow to lose Elliot before half time but big performance from Jak Alnwick to keep Chelsea out when they were piling the pressure.

Top 7 in December! Looking good :D
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never in a million years did i expect that result especially after 6 minutes extra time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never in a million years did i expect that result especially after 6 minutes extra time

It was so nervewracking but Chelsea are a top team so you expect them to score and do well
  • hallchallc Posts: 200,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great result, great day, I took Cisse first goal scorer...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we now play Arsenal next on Saturday, the only one of the "big 7 clubs" we haven't beat (in all competitions) with Alan Pardew as manager:

Here's his record:

Arsenal: Played: 7, Won: 0, Drawn: 2 and Lost: 5.
    Chelsea: Played: 8, Won: 4, Drawn: 1 and Lost 3.
    Everton: Played: 7, Won: 1, Drawn: 1 and Lost: 5.
    Liverpool: Played: 9, Won: 3, Drawn: 2 and Lost: 4.
    Manchester City: Played: 10, Won: 1, Drawn: 0 and Lost: 9.
    Manchester United: Played: 8, Won: 2, Drawn: 2 and Lost: 4.
    Tottenham Hotspur: Played: 9, Won: 3, Drawn: 2 and Lost: 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    So we now play Arsenal next on Saturday, the only one of the "big 7 clubs" we haven't beat (in all competitions) with Alan Pardew as manager:

Here's his record:

Arsenal: Played: 7, Won: 0, Drawn: 2 and Lost: 5.
    Chelsea: Played: 8, Won: 4, Drawn: 1 and Lost 3.
    Everton: Played: 7, Won: 1, Drawn: 1 and Lost: 5.
    Liverpool: Played: 9, Won: 3, Drawn: 2 and Lost: 4.
    Manchester City: Played: 10, Won: 1, Drawn: 0 and Lost: 9.
    Manchester United: Played: 8, Won: 2, Drawn: 2 and Lost: 4.
    Tottenham Hotspur: Played: 9, Won: 3, Drawn: 2 and Lost: 4.

We;ve certainly taken some scalps from the top teams in recent times. Good to see. Hopefully we can take advantage of Arsenal;s weaknesses on Saturday :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is true, but in the Sun newspaper it says we're trying to sign Mark Schwarzer (from Chelsea) on an emergency loan seeing as Tim Krul is out till the end of January and now Rob Elliot is injured as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    I don't know if this is true, but in the Sun newspaper it says we're trying to sign Mark Schwarzer (from Chelsea) on an emergency loan seeing as Tim Krul is out till the end of January and now Rob Elliot is injured as well.

I think we do need an emergency loan keeper but I think we're mad enough not to do it. ;-)
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Away to Leicester City in the 3rd of FA Cup.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Away to Leicester City in the 3rd of FA Cup.

Decent away draw. Great draw all round for the cup :D

A game we really should win but you know us, we rarely conform to the script ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Four years ago today, Alan Pardew managed his first game in charge of us, against Liverpool in a 3-1 win against Liverpool at St. James' Park.

Here's his overall record (in all competitions) as Newcastle manager:

Managed: 180, Won: 70, Drawn: 41 and Lost: 69.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So according to The Chronicle website, Alan Pardew is nominated in a list for Manager of the Month Award for November. (He was also nominated in October as well)

Daryl Janmaat is also nominated in a list for Player of the Month Award as well for November:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-boss-alan-pardew-8263435?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I doubt Pardew will win, I still remember when he won the Manager of the Year Award for the 2011/12 season (when we finished 5th) and he never won one Manager of the Month Award that season.

Pardew however did win the Manager of the Month Award last season in November, so I guess there's a chance.