Options

Ear / Body Piercing experiences

Comments

• Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get all my body piercing bits from www.bodyjewelleryshop.com and they have always been reliable, reasonably priced and prompt :)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    mathertron wrote: »
    I get all my body piercing bits from www.bodyjewelleryshop.com and they have always been reliable, reasonably priced and prompt :)

thanks for the reply. :)

I've also found rebel in me.com I checked the site you suggested and the reviews for the jewellery I wanted are all saying the same thing - the jewellery is too big

ordering from rebel in me.

let's hope I get to the post before mum because she doesn't know I have a septum piercing. I think she's seen it a few times accidently but always thought it was the stud from my nostril piercing. :o:D
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    mathertron wrote: »

If you ever come to Belfast you can buy it in our shop :D

Another good place is Guru in Brighton ... they are on t'internet. and MonsterSteel in USA are brilliant.
  • Options
    Kenco KingKenco King Posts: 19,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've a weird Fetish, I Love seeing a Womans Belly Buttons.

Can't decide though if I Prefer them with it Peirced or Not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piercings; standard ear lobe piercing done when I was about 4 years old. Don't remember having them done but I like them so thumbs up for them.

Second ear lobe piercing, done when I was 18. The stud was too small for the piercing and resulted in the ball of the ear stud sinking into the piercing and stretching the newly pierced ear, not pleasent. The butterfly at the back of the stud also got stuck in the back of my ear which resulted in my dad having to pull the stud and butterfly out with some force, not felt so much pain for quite a while. Was a bit messy and very uncomfortable for a few weeks but they're fine now and I love them :)
  • Options
    belfastbobbybelfastbobby Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if it hurts to have your penis pierced?

Yeah through your brain for even thinking of such an idea.I had a old GF some years ago who had her tongue,nipples belly button and clit done. At first I was awestruck and marveled at her pain threshold as well as keeping the site sterile and very very clean. After a while they became a bore and we spilt up. Thank God she didnt have Tatts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    my jewellery has been dispatched :D Hope it doesn't take too long to arrive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It arrived this morning. The septum jewellery looks too big. according to the site it's no bigger than the jewellery I already have, but I can't put it in. Took me about 10 minutes. Eventually I just put my original jewellery back in.

They're brilliant for delivery. ordered it the other night at about 11pm and it arrived about 20 minutes ago. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I had my ears pierced four times on both sides between the ages of 11 and 15 - no problems with any except I jumped on the second left one and so the hole is a little crooked.

I then had my belly button done but that grew out - believe me its gross when you can see the whole bar through your skin....

Tattoo when I was 26 I think. Middle of my back at the base and boy did that hurt. I've had a baby since then and I feel the tattoo may have been more unbearable (at least I got a gorgeous cuddly thing at the end of labour!!)... considering another tat now (I'm 33) in honour of my little girl but nothing big, ghastly nor her name as I just don't personally like those. She loves butterflies so I'd like that but not to look like Katie Price or something... so its taking time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Ears - got it done in Claire's. Two women did it [one for each ear], one of the women clamped the gun thing, and then took like 3 seconds getting it back out.. :eek: That was when I was 12 I think... that ear
    is actually still painful occasionally when I put earrings in, When I put the earring in, it sort of gets stuck in my earlobe and I have to fiddle around a bit to get the earring to go through fully.. sounds gross, I know... plus when I was getting them pierced a group of girls stopped and stared. :mad: since in claire's they do the ear piercing right near the window so everyone can see..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;44481311']Ears - got it done in Claire's. Two women did it [one for each ear], one of the women clamped the gun thing, and then took like 3 seconds getting it back out.. :eek: That was when I was 12 I think... that ear
    is actually still painful occasionally when I put earrings in, When I put the earring in, it sort of gets stuck in my earlobe and I have to fiddle around a bit to get the earring to go through fully.. sounds gross, I know... plus when I was getting them pierced a group of girls stopped and stared. :mad: since in claire's they do the ear piercing right near the window so everyone can see..

that's annoying, isn't it!?! They should do piercings in a small room out the back. Especially if it's someones first piercing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know this thread is old, but I'm getting a new ear piercing on Friday. :) Looking forward to it.

I'm getting this done.

:)
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I have 7 piercings in each ear.

all were good apart from the very last one which swelled up and never healed.

I really wanted my belly button pierced as a teenager but the day i worked up the guts to get it done (behind my parents back) i stupidely gave half my money to a beggar and then couldn't afford it. I never did get it done.

Now i want the back of my neck pierced but my husband hates piercings and tattoos of any kind. plus I'm old.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm nervous about getting my ear pierced with a needle rather than a gun, all of my ear piercings have been done with a gun.

:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had my ears pierced with a gun at 10 then a 2nd time at 11 and a 3rd at 13 I don't really have many memories of this. I also had the top of one of my ears done at about 16 but can't really recall that either.

Lip: I had my lip pierced in the centre in 2003, that was fine, didn't hurt too bad, it hurt alot a few days after as my lip swelled but nothing terrible. A stud has worn my gum slightly so I took it out about 5 years ago but it is still open and I wear a ring in it occasionally.

Navel: Again 2003, didn't hurt at all but I think it was numbed, slightly disappointed as the pain is part of the experience. It took a good 8 months to heal, one infection during that time. I still have it but it was destroyed by pregnancy so it's dormant at present.

Tongue: No1, about 2004 pierced without anaesthetic but it was so wonky I took it out and didn't go to the same place for a replacement, instead, No2&3 I had two "venom" tongue piercings side by side, this time with anaesthetic but having two done together IS NOT something I'd recommend, healing was hell and my Tongue swelled extra. No3 I had a 3rd put in infront of the two at the back to form a triangle. Then about 2005 I had the front one removed and one pierced slightly further back to allow room for a 4th, I had no.4 pierced about two weeks later so I had effectively a "T" shaped cluster. 2009 I took the venoms out and now just have the two vertical piercings.

Nose:Both sides done with a gun about 2002, I'd never reccomend a gun for this, I stretched one slightly to accomodate a ring, I had two scars either side of my nose which I now hate.

Nipples:I had both nipples done about 2002/3 one had to be re-done as it twisted as my nipple hardened, this is the only one I nearly fainted at as it didn't hurt ANYWHERE near as much as I thought it would and I went into shock! I took them out in pregnancy in 2004.

Septum: I can't remember when I gad this done, but it DID NOT hurt, my eyes watered like mad though an it's healing time was so fast. I wear a ring in this still but it's flipped up inside my nose, I can't remember the last time I wore it "out".

Clitoral Hood: I think about 2002, agonising pain for a microsecond then nothing but elation and a lasting sense of hornyness for about three weeks until you get used to it. Mine has survived two vaginal births and I still have it.

Outter Labia: about 2004, hurt so bad after she did one I would have backed out of the other if it wouldn't leave me 'uneven'. I loved my "three rings" though but a retainer fell out a fee days after my first child was born and I tool the other out to even me up.

Ears:I have various ear piercings a tragus, and anti-tragus (my favourite piercing of all), an inner helix, not many I don't recall any really hurting or being a pain to heal, I do recall my tragus bleeding for hours though.

Stretched Lobes, my lobes are stretched to 14mm and this is where they'll stay, I only planned to go to 7mm but it's addictive. I've been stretching them for the last 10 years so it's been a slow process. I did start on my 2nd piercing but after 8 years stuck at 2.4mm I finally gave up a few months ago and started wearing "fashion" earrings in them.

That's it I think, altogether I've had 29 piercings and I currently have 11 and two open but unused.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm nervous about getting my ear pierced with a needle rather than a gun, all of my ear piercings have been done with a gun.

:o
    Then go for a needle, it will be heaven in comparison to those horiffic guns!

Some corrections to my above post as I'm on my phone. I still HAVE the scars on my nose, I hate them so much :( and I took my nipple piercings out in 2005/6 not 2004 (not that's it's significant). Sorry for any other typos!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I had both ears pierced with gun. I was about 15/16, I went out to town with my friends, it was spur moment and I was nervous as I have phobia of needles. I didn't tell mum what I was going to do until afterwards
    After my ears got pierced, my ear ached and so uncomfortable. A year later, one of my ears got infected so I left my stud out then the skin closed up itself. I had it repierced on one ear where it got closed up.
    I love to have another piercing, another one on my ears or belly piercing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ear Lobes: I think I was about 8 and my Gran did it with one of the guns.

Ear Cartilage: Again Gran did it with the gun, later found out that shouldnt have as the gun can shatter carilage.

Nose: 16th birthday my Dad took me to have it done, had a small stud in it and after it causing much irritation, took it out.

Lip: I think I was about 18 when I got my lip done, had to put a plaster over it for work, the ball came off and I swallowed the bar. Also came out whilst kissing a chap one night, was very drunk whilst trying to put the new bar in, gave up with it when I moved into office work.

Tragus: Had this done 3 times before the ear accepted it, feel this was due to previous times being pierced with a bar and 3rd time a ring.

Daith (Ear): Was 21, fell out during my sleep one night and was very fiddly to put back in. Want this re done.

Conch (Ear): 17th Birthday present from one of my friends, got an absess on it and stung like hell for a while. All fine now.

Belly Button: Was about 17/18 worse feeling in the world as you cant slouch for a few days. Still have it done but have the ring in at the minute.

I also have 13 tattoos but can't be bothered going into detail with them :p
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These are in order of me getting them.

Earlobes x 4 times - hurt, hurt, hurt because they were done with a gun - never again, and I dont wear them. Usual healing time of 6-8 weeks.

Upper ear cartilage ring, freeze sprayed, hurt a little and healed very quick for a cartilage piercing. I took it out after about 2 years for some unknown reason and couldnt get the ball back into the hoop, so left it and its healed over.

Belly button twice - this hurt thabut it was more the clamps than the needle . Got awful bumps and never seemed to heal the first time. 2nd time healed better, it started migrating but now its found its spot and i have a little ring in it.

Nipples three times - once with freeze spray, twice without and id say the difference in pain was negligible,Ive either taken them out, one ripped half out, or they migrated (bra pressure i think) and looked stupid. Guess I cant do nipple rings

Conches - done with a dermal punch and not too bad, even though the piercer said i was well hard for getting both done at once (:confused:) i prefer the symmetry. they have been in for about 14 years and theyre my favourites. They took a good 14 months though to heal properly
    though now I can tug on them really hard and mess with them and theyre fine.

VCH - least painful out of them all, felt like a little nick and was healed within weeks. Never had a problem with it and its been there about 11 years, though i cant feel it - makes no difference detrimental or positive to fun down there.

Micro dermal x 2 - next to my tragus. These hardly hurt, though I caught one in a friends hair and though it dient hurt, it must hae pissed it off because a week later a bump formed under it and a few days after the shorter foot was poking out. My piercer pulled it out, which surprisingly, didnt hurt at all. Ill get it replaced soon. The other side has healed well (took about 6 weeks superficially) and I have had absolutley no problems with it at all.

Tragus - both - are my most recent, about 3 months ago and goddamit those bitches hurt!! Left one has a bump which is slowly going, and is a little tender, right one has seemed to have healed better, not sore or anything, but migrated towards the outside a little.

UFO - another cartilage, the usual, but had to take it out after about 2 months because it rejected, looked fabulous, but a dumb idea really.

Thinks thats it. I did go to get my tongue pierced but i have a vein right down the centre under my tongue so the guy refused to do it (this was about 2 month after that girl from Darlington bled to death so I dont blame him for being cautious)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Inspired by the 'Ear piercing of infants, Should it be banned?' Thread I thought I would like to start a thread about peoples own experience of ear piercing / body modification & tattoos.

Rather then discussing whether it is right or wrong, I would like to hear about peoples own stories of getting piercings & tattoos & why you did it?

Also did you get your ears pierced as a Baby? how do you feel about it now?

My ears was pierced when I was a baby and it feels good. I also had my my baby girl pierced at 5 months old.
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got my ears done, had them done when I was 7.
    At one point I wanted a few, going up my ear, but chickened out, haha! I've got quite a few of these though

They look like you've stretched your earlobe, but they just got in like normal earrings (ie, there's 2 pieces), they get a few :eek: reactions until I explain they're fake, hehe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd post in here rather than create a new one.

I had my septum pierced last year and it says on my information sheet that the size is 1.6 (I'm assuming that's mm). I haven't changed it since I got it pierced though I'm sure it's absolutely fine now.

I bought a new piece of jewellery last year at 1.6mm in size...but it was far too big for my piercing.

Is there a smaller piece available? I'm looking for something like this

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd post in here rather than create a new one.

I had my septum pierced last year and it says on my information sheet that the size is 1.6 (I'm assuming that's mm). I haven't changed it since I got it pierced though I'm sure it's absolutely fine now.

I bought a new piece of jewellery last year at 1.6mm in size...but it was far too big for my piercing.

Is there a smaller piece available? I'm looking for something like this

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Body jewellery usually is measure in guages - so it might have been 16 gauge, which I think is 12mm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've had my ears pierced probably three or four times but they've closed up again now. my school was proper strict about earrings and i was always getting told to take them out because i didn't wear 'sleepers'.

i had my belly button, nose and lip all done within about two months when i was 13. my nose went first 'cos i kept catching it and got annoyed, then my body started pushing my belly bar out when i was about 15. i should have taken it out as soon as i noticed, but i didn't, and got it caught on a wetsuit and it ripped out instead. so now i have a lovely massive purple scar just above my belly button which is currently stretched to 40 weeks pregnant worth of scar.. not nice!

my lip (bottom right) lasted til i was 18 though. i just took it out because i fancied a change and i didn't like the look of a stud in there instead.

now i have no piercings at all! i would like to get my ears done but i never seem to get round to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i had my belly button, nose and lip all done within about two months when i was 13. my nose went first 'cos i kept catching it and got annoyed, then my body started pushing my belly bar out when i was about 15. i should have taken it out as soon as i noticed, but i didn't, and got it caught on a wetsuit and it ripped out instead. so now i have a lovely massive purple scar just above my belly button which is currently stretched to 40 weeks pregnant worth of scar.. not nice!

try rubbing vitamin E oil on the scar every day, its meant to really help diminish it. not just a old wives tale :)