First time excitement when you discover something?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
Forum Member
✭✭
How many people miss this feeling and wish you could recreate it?

I'm talking about the feeling you get the first time you discover a new TV show, read a new book, hear a new piece of music.

The sensation of excitement, glee, joy happiness, a sensation in your stomach that feels like utter happiness. That feeling you only ever get that first time.

I bring this up, as I sometimes get memories of that feeling, and I miss it. I miss how happy I felt the very first time, and then it dwindles with time.

Who else knows what I mean? How many of you also get glimpses of the feeling again, albeit briefly?

Or am I the only one, an overly touchy man?

Comments

• HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get that with songs i hear for the first time and instantly love, maybe not so much with tv shows etc... But music brings out very powerful emotions in me, so yes i know exactly what you mean by that. It truly is a great feeling.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not had that feeling since childhood and probably woundn't recognise it if i had it now
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's more when something has been out for years but you've gone a long time before seeing or hearing it.

I saw Life is Beautiful for the first time ever last year and wondered immediately how the hell Id waited so long to see it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call it "excitement" but I do like it when I "discover something new". I get quite obsessive with things so I will play a song 8,000 times, find out every single detail I can about a new show etc and then one day I suddenly lose interest
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get this feeling when I hear a song for the first time and really like it. I don't think I get it with anything else, only music.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    I get that with songs i hear for the first time and instantly love, maybe not so much with tv shows etc... But music brings out very powerful emotions in me, so yes i know exactly what you mean by that. It truly is a great feeling.

Same here with music - and i don't need to re-create it either as i feel it each time i discover something new or a new artist or group. I go a bit mental basically :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I get this feeling when I hear a song for the first time and really like it. I don't think I get it with anything else, only music.

Same as me, i love it when i hear a song for the first time and it gives me goosepimples :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here with music - and i don't need to re-create it either as i feel it each time i discover something new or a new artist or group. I go a bit mental basically :o

100% me too ;)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »

I get that as well with music :D
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit the last time I felt overly excited was this past weekend playing Minecraft where I dug so deep into the ground I found an cavern flowing with lava. :o

Been a few years since I was THAT excited. :p
  • Josh StonemJosh Stonem Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Still get it all the time :)

Even though it's part of a 2for1 deal that includes the opposite end of the emotional spectrum - I am glad I can feel it still.

Like I hope it's nice weather tomorrow as I'm planning to go out for the day, go travelling on the bus and make a day of it!

Including going places I haven't been before so am excited on 2 counts :D