Options

Prawn Curry ( ill )

2»

Comments

• Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love prawns, I stirred fried this last week.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    he had prawns before never did this to him before but he said ne never eat them again
    thanks everyone
  • Options
    tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotsobear wrote: »
    Where's the "Like this post" button? :(

Why do you need a button?:confused: just say you like it :).
  • Options
    sy278sy278 Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Food Poisoning does not come on quickly despite common misconceptions to the contrary:

"The symptoms of food poisoning usually begin 1–3 days after eating contaminated food." -- Taken from http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Food-poisoning/Pages/Introduction.aspx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it was just so strange after eating the prawns
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    sy278 wrote: »
    Food Poisoning does not come on quickly despite common misconceptions to the contrary:

"The symptoms of food poisoning usually begin 1–3 days after eating contaminated food." -- Taken from http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Food-poisoning/Pages/Introduction.aspx

It says further on though that some toxins can cause symptoms earler than that, particularly vomiting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    he was sick twice and all he said came up was prawns
  • Options
    CherumanCheruman Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Armi wrote: »
    Too right. I came home the other night and my wife started screaming and throwing prawn cocktail at me. "Calm down," I said, "What are you doing that for?"

She shouted, "That's just for starters."

The expression 'LOL' is somewhat overused, but in this case I genuinely laughed out loud at this. :D:D
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    he was sick twice and all he said came up was prawns

If they were the last thing he ate and was recent they would come up. Even if it was something else that made him sick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    If they were the last thing he ate and was recent they would come up. Even if it was something else that made him sick.

I better not tell him that
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    You wanna prawn curry?

Now get to work BITCH!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice 1 Rob!
  • Options
    PPWWPPWW Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did he have rice with it? Rice can be dodgy if he cooked it, and reheated it later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    no rice at all just chips with it
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I had Alaskan king crab. About 10 hours later I was so ill and it went on for about 3 or 4 days. I thought it was stress as I had travelled to America that day and anything that could have gone wrong did ( except for the plane crashing :D)
    Anyway I ate the king crab a week or so later and within 30 mins I was really ill again and it went on for even longer that time. . Dr said it was a allergy and to never eat it again.
    Never been allergic to anything before.
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are those the really expensive ones that are in that Discovery prog?

There was something about them being stored live in tanks in the ships, and if one dies en route it ruins the whole "crop."
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    Are those the really expensive ones that are in that Discovery prog?

There was something about them being stored live in tanks in the ships, and if one dies en route it ruins the whole "crop."

I dont know, the other person who ate them was fine. I never want to be that ill again. I wanted to die :(
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    welshsarah wrote: »
    no rice at all just chips with it

Were they frozen ones? How did he defrost them if they were? My MiL got some out for tea the other night and was going to leave them in warm water for a few hours to defrost till I told her I didn't think that was a good idea. They need defrosting properly and safely.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both myself and my husband got food poisoning from prawns once. It was at the wedding reception of my brother in law. Half of us at the reception got poisoned, the other half were OK. Luckily the bride and groom were OK. It took about 5hrs for the poisoning to properly kick in. We are a one toilet family and we were fighting over who got the loo. Literally it was coming from both ends at the same time.

I also had food poisoning from chicken abroad. Piri Piri chicken in Portugal. Luckily I was the only one who ate it.

I suppose twice in 22yrs isn't bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    they were frozen but said frozen to cook or something