Horrible Histories

Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,674
Forum Member
✭✭
In a word - brilliant. I wonder if they have thought of making a version for kids :)

Comments

• Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a word - brilliant. I wonder if they have thought of making a version for kids :)

:D I love the Pachacuti! :D
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO chance to good to waste on rug rats :D
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it for the FIRST TIME today! I series-linked it, it was so good!
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky plussed in our house and not a kid to be seen
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    sweh wrote: »
    I watched it for the FIRST TIME today! I series-linked it, it was so good!

Check on You Tube theres loads of HH on there. My favorite is Dick Turpin :rolleyes:
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Stupid Deaths and we do like the guy that does a spoof Peter Snow on the news.

It's geniusly written
  • BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic show! I fancy Mat so bad! Especially when he's Dick Turpin :D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love Stupid Deaths and we do like the guy that does a spoof Peter Snow on the news.

It's geniusly written

Good old Bob Hale :)
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,214
    Forum Member
    Too good to be restricted to the CBBC channel, doesn't get the ratings it deserves. Looking at Wikipedia, it regularly gets 400-500k viewers.
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it and don't even have children :o Love the songs in particular.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    It's loved by so many adults, including me.
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The live show came to Glaws a few weeks ago and it was fab too.
  • Shinny04Shinny04 Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Darren! You should meet the HH family on this thread:
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1271172&highlight=horrible+histories
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Don't watch it as often as I should (always forget when it's on), but this is probably my favourite sketch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjeqRHdBwkY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The stage show was in Hull last week and i had the chance to interview the cast, imagine my surprise when i was informed it was none of the TV stars
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've just started rehearsing and filming series five. Anyone who loves HH should follow the main cast on twitter - they are hilarious in real life too, always tweeting each other, teasing each other, quite clearly very good friends in real life which translates so amazingly well into the way they work together on screen. Jim's been posting some pics of them in the rehearsal room! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've just started rehearsing and filming series five. Anyone who loves HH should follow the main cast on twitter - they are hilarious in real life too, always tweeting each other, teasing each other, quite clearly very good friends in real life which translates so amazingly well into the way they work together on screen. Jim's been posting some pics of them in the rehearsal room! :D

Done :)
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,214
    Forum Member
    One segment:

"Where is My Enormous Buttus (he thinks its someones name)? Can anyone help me find My Enormous Buttus?" "It's right behind you sir, I don't think that's a real name".

Hilarious sketch :D
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you like Horrible Histories, you should join the unofficial facebook group, HORRIBLE HISTORIES FOR CHRISTMAS NUMBER ONE - LITERALLY!!

While we WOULD love it if HH got to number one, we are mainly a group where fans of ALL ages can discuss the show, the cast and crew (historian Greg Jenner often joins us on the group) including other works by the cast and crew, and other horrible historicalness :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HHforXmasNo1/

We are aiming to be a one-stop-shop for everything Horribly Historical and we need YOU.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Don't watch it as often as I should (always forget when it's on), but this is probably my favourite sketch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjeqRHdBwkY

Sayingyouwereawitchcouldresultinburning.Sayingyouwerentawitchcouldresultinbeingtortureduntiyousaidyouwereawitchandthenburning :D

DO YOU HAVE A CAT?
    .. Err, yes?
    THEN THOU ART A WITCH
    :D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    One segment:

"Where is My Enormous Buttus (he thinks its someones name)? Can anyone help me find My Enormous Buttus?" "It's right behind you sir, I don't think that's a real name".

Hilarious sketch :D

Even if it was somewhat inspired by the bit in Life Of Brian where John Cleese's centurion talked to Michael Palin's Pontius Pilate about joke Roman names :D
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HH admit themselves that they are hugely influenced by Python, Blackadder and the like. :D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Even if it was somewhat inspired by the bit in Life Of Brian where John Cleese's centurion talked to Michael Palin's Pontius Pilate about joke Roman names :D

Biggus Dickus :D
  • Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the best sketch show on TV.
    No kids in our house either - HH is too good for them!

"I have a plan."
    "Which is?"
    "Yes. Witches."

Great stuff.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite song will allways be the three Kings one, classic tune! :D:D