Options

Rita Ora's career is DONE

Comments

• Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    I love how people constantly say how they don't give a sh*t about the Kardashians etc etc.. yet you're still writing about them, you're still talking about them and you're still interesting about them and the drama going on in their life.

Rob is not as famous as the 3 main sisters but a lot of people are still interested in what is going on in his life just like the rest of his family. He has been on every news site (TMZ, Dailymail, Perez, Heat etc) and has been trending for nearly 24 hours. A LOT of people seem to be taking his side over Rita's on Twitter.
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Europe isn't a country you know. Where exactly are you. If you're in the UK and you haven't heard of him you must live in a cave. He's on E! Every Sunday night and it's repeated every day.

or you may simply not watch the biggest pile of utter **** ever broadcast on TV
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are we taking his word as Gospel? If she cheated, then Karma's a b*tch!
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Party and bullshit
    Party and bullshit
    Party and bullshit
    Party and bullshit

...indeed
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't watch scripted reality shows, just a bit too trashy for me but each to their own.

This Rob bloke is classless. Only bad can come of this for everyone involved. Rihta :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Waldstein wrote: »
    I agree and unfortunately for Rita, her personality isn't as strong as Rihanna's so she can't really compete. This kind of thing always happens though with these artists with such phenomenal success. I mean look back ten years ago and there was a new Coldplay-clone every day, the same happened with Britpop, and even all the Take That pretenders in the '90's. Record companies see a good thing going and want a slice of that success. Invariably what happens is that there are a lot of good artists that get lost in the mix and never get the chance to stand on their own merits. I'm not exactly a Rita Ora fan but I think it'd be a shame if she suffers the same fate.

Even then Take That were a British New Kids On The Block, and Coldplay and Muse were seen as Radiohead rip offs. It's like a chain :cool:
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're in the UK and you haven't heard of him you must live in a cave. He's on E! Every Sunday night and it's repeated every day.

I don't think that's strictly true. I'm aware of who he is because I read magazines that occasionally feature him, but the majority of my family and friends wouldn't pick him out of a line-up as a "celebrity". His surname might ring a bell with some, but they'd know nothing else. Surely you don't think everyone in Britain sits down and watches E! of a Sunday night?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Why are we taking his word as Gospel? If she cheated, then Karma's a b*tch!

Who's taking his word as gospel?This is a celebrity gossip forum it doesn't have to be confirmed as true for us to discuss it.
    If it wasn't true i should think she would have released a statement/begun legal proceedings against Rob by now.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    angella wrote: »
    Who's taking his word as gospel?This is a celebrity gossip forum it doesn't have to be confirmed as true for us to discuss it.
    If it wasn't true i should think she would have released a statement/begun legal proceedings against Rob by now.

I meant more in general, not just on here. Most seem to have decided that Rob is telling the truth. He may well be, but a bit harsh to judge when she hasn't yet commented.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cynic in me suspects this Twitter business was cooked up to draw attention to her since she's not caught on in the United States. Becoming famous for being perceived as a **** didn't hurt Kim Kardashian's career did it?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Europe isn't a country you know. Where exactly are you. If you're in the UK and you haven't heard of him you must live in a cave. He's on E! Every Sunday night and it's repeated every day.

I live in Ireland and have ever heard of him, but then I don't watch that crappy TV show or the E! channel.
    Surely you don't think everyone in Britain sits down and watches E! of a Sunday night?

Not everyone has that channel either. Isn't it only available on Sky and Virgin Media? People with Freeview or Freesat wouldn't have it.
    Waldstein wrote: »
    A 2.1 GPA is completely different to achieving a second class honours (2.1) in an Irish/UK university. The latter would roughly translate into a GPA of anywhere from 3.1 to 3.6 (ish) depending on the percentage or grade achieved. Of course as you mentioned grading can vary from teacher to teacher and some universities have reputations for 'easy marking'. As well as that some courses have different pass/fail criteria, e.g., my friend studied medicine and her minimum pass mark was much higher than that for other degrees.

Well I wasn't referring to GPA (whatever that is). I was referring to Irish/UK degree classifications. And of course it depends on the college.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    No offence but Rob Kardashian is a Kardashian = No valid opinion on anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think this has to be my post of the day hehe, E! is not even that big of a channel, i doubt many people watch it on a sunday night.
  • Options
    RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I'm from the UK and 21 and I've never heard of Rob. Who the hell watches E!? I don't know anyone that does. I've heard of the rest of that pointless/talentless family though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I wasn't referring to GPA (whatever that is). I was referring to Irish/UK degree classifications. And of course it depends on the college.

I know you weren't but spj07 was which is why I clarified. :)
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I think this has to be my post of the day hehe, E! is not even that big of a channel, i doubt many people watch it on a sunday night.

Do you not read newspapers?
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The newspaper I read is not a particularly high-brow one, but it certainly doesn't feature Rob Kardashian to the point where he's at all well-known.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob is soft. Growing up with only sisters, can do that to you.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rush wrote: »
    I'm from the UK and 21 and I've never heard of Rob. Who the hell watches E!? I don't know anyone that does. I've heard of the rest of that pointless/talentless family though.

Same here. And I don't read the red-tops either. I'd say most people in this country including those in our age group haven't heard of this bloke.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I do actually, I am an entertainment journalist and have heard of him but no one watches E! Really
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this didn`t quite make the press headlines as some exaggerated lolz
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're being sarcastic right? Very FEW people in the UK know Rob Kardashian, they probably recognise the last name but he himself? Seriously you're deluding yourself if you think he's a household name,
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Isn't this the girl that constantly sings "Shut it down" in her songs? So many people do this these days...what does it even mean? It's one of the most overused and overrated lines.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    She has just put the final nail in the coffin. Teenyboppers everywhere are in love with Rob Kardashian and the revelation that she cheated on him with 20 guys just in the past year, will make them turn on her.

Not a revelation, an accusation. Two very different things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's really sad. Not even the one who's famous for sex tapes and having a huge arse should be in the NEWSpapers, let alone the runt of the litter.

As someone who has never watched the Kardashians reality show, I was vaguely aware they had a non-famous brother but I didn't know his names or what he looks like (still don't know that.) Does he often call Kim a **** on their show, or is he happy to piggyback his lifestyle off her notoriety?