People that say 'Oh I dont have time for that'

Comments

• Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    Yep, still under study from the sleep clinic. How did you guess?
  • 36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, still under study from the sleep clinic. How did you guess?

one of my friends suffers from it.
    Forum Member
    one of my friends suffers from it.

That's interesting, does he/she know what causes it? My doctors don't seem to have my idea yet, more studies in the next few months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's interesting, does he/she know what causes it? My doctors don't seem to have my idea yet, more studies in the next few months.

He is awaiting answers, he isnt confident he will get any results as he has been living like that for 20 years
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds to me like you have time for sports when your wife is home, you dont need a gym if the PAYG option isnt wise, you can work out at home.

So you are still calling me a liar then?

I've already explained what I do with my free time. I could give something up to go the gym, but why should I? I make good use of the time I have already!

My wife has spent so much time away, I've resorted to travelling out to see her! Prague, Montreal and London to name a few places this year.
    Forum Member
    He is awaiting answers, he isnt confident he will get any results as he has been living like that for 20 years

I've had it for 16 years, no answer yet, but they seem to finally be attempting to solve it.

I've never met or even heard of anyone else with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    So you are still calling me a liar then?

I've already explained what I do with my free time. I could give something up to go the gym, but why should I? I make good use of the time I have already!

My wife has spent so much time away, I've resorted to travelling out to see her! Prague, Montreal and London to name a few places this year.

i believe you could manage you time better and squeeze more fun for yourself in.

sorry if you have taken this personal etc, but i belive everybody can do more

no excuses.
  • PunkchickPunkchick Posts: 2,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i believe you could manage you time better and squeeze more fun for yourself in.

no excuses.

I'd love you to tell me how I could squeeze anymore out of my day, as I only get 5-6 hours sleep a night. I work mon-fri leaving at 7am returning 8pm. I run 50-85 miles a week, I go to the gym 3 nights a week for cross training, I snowboard 2-3 times a week, I go to gigs at the weekend after intense Marathon training. All of this and I have to try and find time for my husband. I imagine I probably do far more than you. Everyone has different responsibilities in life, I don't know anyone who does or would be happy with the amount I do in a week, but it makes me happy.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    How do you know that peoples idea of fun or how they want to spend their time is not by unwinding in front of the tv after a long day at work. I am up at 4.30am as I am on 6am- 4pm shifts until next thursday, after I finish work and drive half an hour to get home all I want to do is have a shower, get into lounging clothes and chill out for a few hours. I work shifts all the time earlys/lates and nights so every week is a different amount of time I get to spend on myself. I would rather spend it on doing something I enjoy whatever that may be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    I always say "I can't be arsed ..."

Me too - it's my favourite expression and leaves people in no doubt what my opinion is on whatever it was they were suggesting :D
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had it for 16 years, no answer yet, but they seem to finally be attempting to solve it.

I've never met or even heard of anyone else with it.

I have that too! I have had it for around 20 years - I am in poor health generally though.
  • SupersarahpSupersarahp Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we have the same 24hours :D

That is absolutely not true though is it? Some people have more responsibilities than others
  • a_c_g_ta_c_g_t Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    90% of the time it translates to "S**t that's boring I don't want to do it"

5% of the time it translates to "What am I your F**ing lackie?"

4% of the time it translate to "I'll do it when I want to"

1% of the time it translates to "No really I am busy ask me again later"

However a hardly every use 'Oh I dont have time for that' as I am always busy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People priorities whatever they are dealing with in life. I remember a couple of times, I really have been busy with full time work which was stressful, commuting and university studies. I genuinely didn't have time for much else because of the workload I was trying to get through.

And when you do have a hectic life, you sometimes really do need to just space out in front of the TV/book etc because you are too shattered to do anything else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You sound like my mum wanting an hour by hour account of what is done with our days. If I say I don't have time then that should be enough. It is my time and how I spend that time is up to me. If I lose out on doing something I want to do because I believe I don't have time to do it, that's my problem. How people spend their 24 hours is up to them.
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand people telling me what to do with my time and I would never dream of telling them how to spend theirs. If I want to sit on the couch like a fly stuck on a toffee watching Judge Judy on a loop, that's my pigeon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

no excuses.

No excuse?! What are you talking about?! You know virtually nothing about me and assume I need more fun. You have no idea about what I consider to be fun, do you?

I enjoy spending time with my wife. I enjoy spending time with my son. Given a choice between asking someone to look after my son so I can go to the gym or spend time with my son/wife, the gym can wait because my active lifestyle means I'm not fat or unhealthy.

I regularly tend to my son in the night, but am still up at 7:00am. My day ends at around 9:00pm after my son is in bed and I've done some household chores. That leaves approx. 2 to 3 hours to enjoy watching a film, doing music or just chatting with my wife when she's around. When I have time, I play golf or football over the weekend, but that's when my wife is home. When she's away, I simply look after my son.

Of course I'm going to take it personally! You're specifically telling me I can do more and should have more sodding fun.

I'm in Chamonix right now and have been here since the 23rd. I'm off to Miami in February and this year, I've been to Mexico, Prague, Montreal, the Olympics and some other cool stuff. I've done some pretty cool gigs this year as well as hitting a few festivals.

I have lots of fun and use my time wisely. I squeeze a lot in so if you think by choosing to watch a film or two means I should do more, you can fcuk right off!!

As I've previously stated, I'm not lying when I say I don't have time for the gym.
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

no excuses.

He's already said he works full time, plus works as a DJ and in his 'spare time' he cares for his disabled son. When his wife is at home, he won't want to go to the gym because he will want to spend some time with her. That's not wasting time, that's what you get married for - because you love someone and you want to spend time with them. That's how he's chosen to prioritise the small amount of time he has outside of working and caring for his son.

It's not about doing as much as possible with your time, it's about doing what you want with your life. Just because someone says they don't have time for something doesn't mean that they can't possibly fit it in. It just means that it's not enough of a priority to them to give up whatever else they're doing instead.

Why do you care anyway? It's not your time they're wasting. If they don't think they have time then really it's none of your business.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the worst pitch for gym membership I have ever, ever seen.
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    I come across people all the time who say they 'don't have time' to watch TV (implying that their life is more busy and interesting than those of us who do) - yet how come they can give a blow by blow account of what happened in the latest episode of CS/EE or whatever?

I know a couple of people like that - the 'i rarely watch televison' brigade get on my wick.
  • humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do have time - and I want to spend it how I want. I never say I don't have time, I say - I don't want to.

Tends to stop debate in it's tracks.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People that say 'oh I dont have time for that' are simply liars....

If you say something like that your only telling lies to yourself.

Cant be bothered to visit the gym for a work out? but you manage to watch 5 hours of tv a night.

This isnt just about the gym, it can be about anything learning a new hobby or never getting around to doing chores etc.

a few quotes I like are...

We all have the same 24 hours in the day.

You either run the day, or the day runs you.

Don't think their lying to you Tv is far better than being in a smelly Gym
    They just being kind in their answer to you. :cool:
  • humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh - and I recently chucked my gym membership too. Got fed up of getting on treadmill to find that it looked like someone had sweat and spit and generally melted all over it.

Disgusting
    :eek:
    /|\
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    humdrummer wrote: »
    I do have time - and I want to spend it how I want. I never say I don't have time, I say - I don't want to.

Tends to stop debate in it's tracks.

Exactly that's what we should say to those who think what they do we should all do,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    This is the worst pitch for gym membership I have ever, ever seen.

It is. Besides, shouldn't the OP stop wasting time on here and drop and give me 20?