Ripper Street

Comments

• ExistentialistExistentialist Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the character of the brothel madam (Long Susan?) nor the blonde who plays her.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Old Drake,
  • Locarno1Locarno1 Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I can't stand the character of the brothel madam (Long Susan?) nor the blonde who plays her.

I feel she plays a good part! :)
    Forum Member
    Ok, a little confused as to why Drake has just walked off and what the deal with the diamond is?
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Glen has psychotic tendencies definitely.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode is really rubbish. I keep drifting off, hence the posting on here. The main guy seems to have changed in character quite a bit, he was moody and bossy before but tonight it feels like a different character.
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Locarno1 wrote: »
    Ok, a little confused as to why Drake has just walked off and what the deal with the diamond is?

He's temporarily joined the gang as they got to him. No doubt he'll come 'good' by the end of the episode though :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    This episode is really rubbish. I keep drifting off, hence the posting on here. The main guy seems to have changed in character quite a bit, he was moody and bossy before but tonight it feels like a different character.

Exactly the same as you.. This episode hasn't gripped me :/ I don't know why..
  • sogosogo Posts: 213
    Forum Member

That's often the way with this type of series isn't it. All image and no care for any kind of acuracy or consistency.
  • TerwishTerwish Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    He's a nutter.
    Bit of an understatement LOL
    Forum Member
    Direction & acting gives me the impression it has been made by someone who watched cowboy films as a kid and Guy Ritchie 30 years later, but nothing between.
    It's made like kids stuff.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, Drake's in the friend zone :(
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

It rather feels like the series' weaknesses are on display here: no serial element at all, and a backstory it's hard to get involved with.

It's a shame that both BBC One and ITV's 9pm Sunday evening dramas are so flawed (and Mr Selfridge really is). Can't wait for Being Human to return next week ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody hell Drake had Soldier Soldier flashbacks in that episode
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was probably the best episode of the series. You have to feel for Drake seeing his hopes dashed in such a way. A place where we have all been.

I guess you can only feel pity for people who would watch this episode and feel the need to nitpick and whinge but it is a sign of the spoiled generation who believe that everything should be written for them and only them.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heck, I thought it was as good as it always is. A bit more violent than usual. I thought the Colonel was fantastic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Well, I enjoyed it probably due to Ian Glenn and Jerome Flynn who could read a phonebook and still be great. Poor Drake-he easily is the most sympathetic of the policemen-though poor Hobbs is a distant second. Flynn really did a great job acting tonight even if the story was a bit hooky.

It was easily the most touching episode and finally one that seemed to have "a heart". I don't understand how people can find it boring??
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought this was one of the better episodes not that I haven't enjoyed the rest lov ripper street. It had drama plus it was nice getting to no more about the character
    Forum Member
    This was probably the best episode of the series. You have to feel for Drake seeing his hopes dashed in such a way. A place where we have all been.

I guess you can only feel pity for people who would watch this episode and feel the need to nitpick and whinge but it is a sign of the spoiled generation who believe that everything should be written for them and only them.

jeez that told us!...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

It rather feels like the series' weaknesses are on display here: no serial element at all, and a backstory it's hard to get involved with.

It's a shame that both BBC One and ITV's 9pm Sunday evening dramas are so flawed (and Mr Selfridge really is). Can't wait for Being Human to return next week ...

The difference is ripper street is much more entertaining. Have you seen Mr Sel it's really is boring
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Well, I enjoyed it probably due to Ian Glenn and Jerome Flynn who could read a phonebook and still be great. Poor Drake-he easily is the most sympathetic of the policemen-though poor Hobbs is a distant second. Flynn really did a great job acting tonight even if the story was a bit hooky.

I thought Jerome Flynn was tremendous tonight, really liked that episode - although I'm thinking of starting a 'Free Hobbs' campaign - does he ever get off duty
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very different episode. I thought it was a bit more violent than normal but I did enjoy it. Then I'm biased I like Jerome Flynn. Now he is in friend territory I'm holding out for Reid & the lady from the orphanage and/or Hobbs to get himself a woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I thought Jerome Flynn was tremendous tonight, really liked that episode - although I'm thinking of starting a 'Free Hobbs' campaign - does he ever get off duty

The man even remembered to keep his papers when the police station was bombed!

He reminds me a bit of Isaac from the Love Boat. Poor bartender never got out from behind the bar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

M8 no matter weather a show was the best thing ever people would stil nitpick. The fact is I've seen more positive things about this show on this thread so to have only one or two nitpick I'd say its done pretty wel :)
  • snorksnork Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree with a lot of the detractors of this episode. I think the series is going from strength to strength. It's about time we got some backstory on the characters. I loved Jackson this evening at turns funny, infuriating and tender.

I feel that Drake and Jackson do have something in common now. Seems they've both been left broken hearted.