Citizen Khan - BBC One

Comments

• PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems Matthew Cottle (Game On) is replacing Kris Marshall as Dave this series.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    It's back tonight. :D
    Forum Member
    Just an hour to go. :)
  • smokencheesesmokencheese Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Just an hour to go. :)

I think you're the only one anticipating this abhorrent dross.
    Forum Member
    I think you're the only one anticipating this abhorrent dross.

Each to their own.
  • davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone associated with this carnage should suffer the fate that Jeremy Clarkson advocated, in front of their families. :eek:
    Forum Member
    davidseven wrote: »
    Anyone associated with this carnage should suffer the fate that Jeremy Clarkson advocated, in front of their families. :eek:

Well, it would be boring if we all liked the same thing. :)
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Well, it would be boring if we all liked the same thing. :)

I'm with you.
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    imrightok wrote: »
    I'm with you.

And me.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted to like this but sadly I am not getting it.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the camera effect different from the first series?
    Forum Member
    Is the camera effect different from the first series?

I have noticed that too.
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's as if "The Young Ones" never happened.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is absolutely hilarious, one of the best episodes so far. It's great to have 8 Out Of 10 cats back on form.
    Forum Member
    To be fair, they did take it a bit far with the praying thing.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Could someone who completed a thesis on Islam be so ignorant?

Awful.
  • KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member
    Hey I'm Muslim and I found it hilarious :D
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guessing anyone 'not getting it' is not s a Pakistani Muslim. Obviously some references will go over our heads, but stop thinking of the religion and see it as a comedy where all the usual tribulations occur.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Guessing anyone 'not getting it' is not s a Pakistani Muslim. Obviously some references will go over our heads, but stop thinking of the religion and see it as a comedy where all the usual tribulations occur.

Well, I'm not a Pakastani Muslim but I found it hilarious (this episode anyway, I thought the first episode of the first series, was dire)
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    Well, I'm not a Pakastani Muslim but I found it hilarious (this episode anyway, I thought the first episode of the first series, was dire)

It just makes me wonder if they show anything beyond a culture we don't understand, it gets dismissed by many.

Then you get the 'Christians' who think it will be insulting the Muslims even though they must have had some input.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All those saying "awful" etc. are missing the point. It is meant to be over the top. It is meant to be farcical. It is deliberately mocking Islam in the same way The Vicar of Dibley mocked Christianity. Muslims do have a sense of humour. People need to stop feeling embarrassed on behalf of other cultural groups.

Hassaan13, I realise you are a Muslim, but why was the "praying thing" taking it too far? It didn't insult those who choose to pray. It was merely just a comical scenario to which a Brit could laugh at. I think it was good the way catholicism was mocked too, it was as if all religion deserved to be mocked. Frankly, I think it does!
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiskin wrote: »
    Hey I'm Muslim and I found it hilarious :D

Good. I'm a non-Muslim and I found it hilarious too. It is about a British Muslim using the British system to give himself a good life. Of course he's going to manipulate his role as father, man and muslim to get what he wants! We all do! It's called being human.
    Forum Member
    mikebuk wrote: »
    It just makes me wonder if they show anything beyond a culture we don't understand, it gets dismissed by many.

Then you get the 'Christians' who think it will be insulting the Muslims even though they must have had some input.

Yes, Adil Ray is half Pakistani and co-writes the show so it's not like it's written by someone from a different background. I'm in no way insulted by any of it, in fact I find it really funny and yes I do get some of the references that others might not but I would say do not take it too seriously or read too much into it!
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Good. I'm a non-Muslim and I found it hilarious too. It is about a British Muslim using the British system to give himself a good life. Of course he's going to manipulate his role as father, man and muslim to get what he wants! We all do! It's called being human.

Haha well said I agree!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was too much of a signposted farce.