Expendables 3 Leaked!

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I agree that Snipes and Banderas were brilliant characters in this, of course they had to slip a certain joke in there about Wesley Snipes too. The joke related to Bruce Willis was also handled very well by Ford "You don't need to worry about him, he's out of the picture" :D. One thing i don't see a lot of people mention though is Kelsey Grammer, His role is the film was actually perfectly suited to him, they didn't try and push him as some action hero like the others, instead, just had him as this cool bad ass contractor for the agency.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snipes, yes, Gibson, hell yes, but Bandares(?) was about as embarassing as I feel for not knowing how to spell embarassing.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Trevor_C7 wrote: »
    *facepalm*

Excuse me?
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saying "Spoiler Alert" and then typing the actual spoiler anyway is like saying "Watch out for that puddle!" just as the person is knee deep in water :)

This might help ..

http://oi59.tinypic.com/1pfe6h.jpg

I'm fully aware how to add spoiler tags, but it's a pain in the ass. I have no sympathy for anyone that doesn't have the intelligence to heed the warning.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^bless. :)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not much of a spoiler... the trailer gives it away anyway!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stallone and Statham on Sky tonight at 8.30. They talk about movie piracy.
  • Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has anyone seen the leaked version and in cinema. Does it differ to the leaked version ?
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear this one's a 12A and there's a lot of CGI rather than practical effects .
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since this has been bumped it's a perfect opportunity to post the Youtube clip below that's 2 minutes and 9 seconds of utter brilliance, and far more entertaining that Ex 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGPxlMpzqYQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    Since this has been bumped it's a perfect opportunity to post the Youtube clip below that's 2 minutes and 9 seconds of utter brilliance, and far more entertaining that Ex 3.

man that's brilliant. i was laughing my head off. still im watching it 2moro in cineworld.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was gonna go see this tomorrow but having read reviews, think I'll give it a miss and wait for it to come on sky. Which is a shame because i quite liked first one. Not seen second yet.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I think its very unlikely that Expendables 3 will end up on Sky as the previous 2 films have ended up on Netflix instead of Sky!

I hope the leaked copy doesn't effect the box office too much!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seen it today and it is not as bad as bad as lot of reviews make it out to be. It is not as good as the first or second film but was moderately entertaining.

The major problem with it is not giving the ensemble cast enough to do, the action scenes are not very exciting. Too much cutting away during the shootouts and fight scenes due to the pg-13 rating and the bland four new members in the team. Stallone as usual gets all the limelight,. Even Statham doesnt get to do much Dolph Lundgren and Jet Li are wasted. Randy Couture not even worth mentoning as he was an extra just like in first and second film.

Jet li only shows up for five minutes and shoots with a gun instead of fighting. MAJOR MISTAKE. Arnold shows up occasionally throughout and has a famous line from Predator.

The middle section of the film is dull when Stallone hires four new members to help him take down Gibson's character and all the original expendables are nowhere to be seen. The four new guys including Kellan Lutz and Ronda Rousey are very bland and not as interesting to watch. One wishes they were not included at all.

Wesley Snipes, Antonio Banderas, Harrison Ford and Mel Gibson are all great additions to the series Mel Gibson made an awesome villain. Antonio and Snipes brought humour to the film particularly.

Overall i give it 6/10
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shak2005 wrote: »
    seen it today and it is not as bad as bad as lot of reviews make it out to be. It is not as good as the first or second film but was moderately entertaining.

The major problem with it is not giving the ensemble cast enough to do, the action scenes are not very exciting. Too much cutting away during the shootouts and fight scenes due to the pg-13 rating and the bland four new members in the team. Stallone as usual gets all the limelight,. Even Statham doesnt get to do much Dolph Lundgren and Jet Li are wasted. Randy Couture not even worth mentoning as he was an extra just like in first and second film.

Jet li only shows up for five minutes and shoots with a gun instead of fighting. MAJOR MISTAKE. Arnold shows up occasionally throughout and has a famous line from Predator.

The middle section of the film is dull when Stallone hires four new members to help him take down Gibson's character and all the original expendables are nowhere to be seen. The four new guys including Kellan Lutz and Ronda Rousey are very bland and not as interesting to watch. One wishes they were not included at all.

Wesley Snipes, Antonio Banderas, Harrison Ford and Mel Gibson are all great additions to the series Mel Gibson made an awesome villain. Antonio and Snipes brought humour to the film particularly.

Overall i give it 6/10

Jet LI can't fight or exercise as he is suffering with an overactive thyroid.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »

I'm usually too old to use text speak but LOL! :D
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Plot wise; as crazy as the other two - '12A' Action; for me, best of the series so far - And Antonio Banderas, got less irritating by the end of the Film.

A fun 7/10.
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I think its very unlikely that Expendables 3 will end up on Sky as the previous 2 films have ended up on Netflix instead of Sky!

I hope the leaked copy doesn't effect the box office too much!

It has absolutely wrecked the box office. A $16.2m opening weekend compared to $34.8m and $28.6m for the previous two.
  • Trevor_C7Trevor_C7 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    It has absolutely wrecked the box office. A $16.2m opening weekend compared to $34.8m and $28.6m for the previous two.

You have to factor in that even in the US, adults are slowly getting sick to death of being fed a diet of sanitized PG13 action movies dressed up as adult entertainment.

Aside from that and the net leak, the film's shite, and I suspect Stallone knows it.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I thought previous 12A action films like Taken 2 had done very well in the US so I didn't think that the US public were getting sick of them!

The 12A cert combined the leak may have put the proper Expendables fans off from seeing it in the cinema as they would rather wait for the uncut Blu Ray!
  • FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trevor_C7 wrote: »
    You have to factor in that even in the US, adults are slowly getting sick to death of being fed a diet of sanitized PG13 action movies dressed up as adult entertainment.

Aside from that and the net leak, the film's shite, and I suspect Stallone knows it.

What does that even mean? Is that kind of like saying I'm not racist BUT...
  • Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that Expendables 3 is quite a poor movie means that it faces an uphill struggle to make it's money back via other means like DVD/Bluray but I still fully expect to make a profit and see Expendables 4 in 2016.

There are just too many cameos in the entire movie, would have been so much better with half the cast but more air time. I liked the second one the best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. The start was great and so was the last 25mins or so. It lulled in the middle. I personally didn't enjoy the new young cast members. Rhonda was the only one worth while. I'd have rather have seen more of Snipes, Lundgren etc. I've grown up watching these guys movies. I'm not interested in seeing the torch passed down to some actors who would be lucky to get a part in one of those awful syfy movies.

Glad Arnie got a bit more screen time, hopefully it will be even bigger if a potential expendables 4 happens. Gibson was great too but the end fight needed to be longer. Definitely needs more of Wesley Snipes.

I'd give it a 7.10
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the humour in the film, but TBH the fact that it was a 12A film let it down and it seemed heavily cut :(
    Anyway why the hell is there a "younger" team in the movie? I thought the whole point of the Expendables was a group of aging mercenaries getting together for one last job.
    Antonio Banderas was actually a bit annoying TBH, as it was like seeing a wackier version of his character from Desperado, just like Mel Gibson's villain was like watching a bad Martin Riggs :confused:
    2.5/5
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Shak2005 wrote: »
    man that's brilliant. i was laughing my head off. still im watching it 2moro in cineworld.

That was brilliant, LOL :D