Options

Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it real? Because no-one ever seems to get injured or shot? Yet they're dealing with criminals on the run:confused:

Comments

• Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    I've only seen one episode, it's dire. But having a bit of a dig around, it seems that he's a convicted murderer and as such can't own a firearm. So I guess it's in his best interest to not go after armed and dangerous criminals.

I'm going to go with real, but set-up and staged.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He knows that if someone shoots at him, he can just hide behind Beth's tits.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    I've only seen one episode, it's dire. But having a bit of a dig around, it seems that he's a convicted murderer and as such can't own a firearm. So I guess it's in his best interest to not go after armed and dangerous criminals.

I'm going to go with real, but set-up and staged.

That's indeed why he's not allowed to own or use a firearm, and it was first-degree murder he was jailed for under Texan law at the time, although he was the get-away driver - he didn't actually kill anyone, and was unaware his friend was going to do so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »

LOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's indeed why he's not allowed to own or use a firearm, and it was first-degree murder he was jailed for under Texan law at the time, although he was the get-away driver - he didn't actually kill anyone, and was unaware his friend was going to do so.

its a good law, if you and a friend are robbing someone and the victim or the police kills you then you get done for their murder not the person that killed them
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    its a good law, if you and a friend are robbing someone and the victim or the police kills you then you get done for their murder not the person that killed them

Not sure I follow you!

Do you mean if the person you are with kills someone? I think you have it the wrong way round!

I think it might be US law (not just state law) that if you are convicted of a Felony, you or any of your associates are not allowed to legally possess a firearm (which is why none of his family have them either).

I think!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i messed up a little bit i mean if your partner in crime gets killed you get done for his murder

i saw 2 recent examples last month i'll see if i can find them again
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i messed up a little bit i mean if your partner in crime gets killed you get done for his murder

Not sure that's right either!

If a police officer or victim kill your partner in self defence then I'm sure you would not be charged with his murder...that makes no sense!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Not sure that's right either!

If a police officer or victim kill your partner in self defence then I'm sure you would not be charged with his murder...that makes no sense!

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012/11/16/Ruben_Molina_%2822%29_and_Edwardo_Maduena_%2819%29_were_killed_in_a_police_shootout
    Under state law, anyone involved in a serious felony that results in death can be charged with murder even if they didn't cause the death.

and

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-11-18/news/os-atm-attempted-robbery-fairwinds-20121117_1_gunman-atm-robbery
    He was arrested Saturday afternoon and faces attempted armed robbery and murder charges.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »

aye they'll never find him in there:

http://imnotobsessed.com/2011/08/31/morning-links-with-dog-the-bounty-hunter-his-wife/duane-and-beth-chapman-could-use-some-time-out-of-the-sun-5/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is for real, he turned to religion whilst in prison and got the name Dog as it is God backwards, thats why they all pray before they run about shouting at people and sitting on them and then give them a cigarette and lecture them whilst turning them in> funny thing is, if Dog didnt pay the criminals bail they wouldnt be out of jail running away from them,bit topsy turvy. Oh and Beth was naughty back in the day too, and she does have big boobies and Dog likes her to show them off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes its real, but he became too famous to continue at the moment.
  • Options
    Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    Yes its real, but he became too famous to continue at the moment.
    Too famous, or too prone to saying and doing the wrong thing?
  • Options
    Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have a new show on a different channel starting soon.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Under state law, anyone involved in a serious felony that results in death can be charged with murder even if they didn't cause the death.

That's it, by and large. Dog had driven a friend to score drugs, and unbeknownst to him the deal "went wrong" and his friend killed the dealer. Both of them were charged with murder, however.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems Sky One have begun showing series 8 in HD. On right now!
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people Dog generally goes after are those who probably already can't own a gun legally in the states and thats why they plan things out so well to get the jump on them so even if they have a gun they're on the floor before they can even think to pull it

They use pepper ball guns which are basically paintball guns and they can do some serious pain and one of those gets in your eyes you couldn't shoot straight since you'd be blind for the next hour and they don't want to kill them as they need them alive to get their bail bond money back normally