✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Under 80 and i'm game :o:D:cool:

I think I actually believe you! :D
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    aawww don't talk like that. :(
    There are lots of nice people on DS (among the rotters:D), you're bound to click with people on here sooner or later. I think most people do at some point.

I would've been happy to meet up with you if you'd fancied it but I've just seen you're up in Bonnie Scotland, and I'm at the other end of the country! Would be nice if there were DS members who live in your area and share similar interests etc so you could get together.

Aww that's a nice thought MissXYZ, lol Bonnie Scotland indeed, hehe Glasgow,thanks for the kind post xx
    meh I am going to see if my virus depth scan has stopped this phone is crap for forums lol. x
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend is someone that helps and encourage, not hinder so choose wisely your friends.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under 80 and i'm game :o:D:cool:

Aint that the same ages as Lamps & JT put together ? :p
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I actually believe you! :D

I have a special place in my 'heart' for you Missy.

Wait did i say heart? Sorry about that, i meant BED :eek::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aint that the same ages as Lamps & JT put together ? :p

Nearly lol, i wouldn't mind playing 'centre back' alongside them 2 either :o:cool::D
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How old is she?

If she's not quite as young as his usual type then perhaps he likes the older and more experienced ladies aswell! :D

I couldn't possibly say, but she does have a pulse if that helps ! :p
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    WTF, really?

This place is worse than I thought :(

Yeah , very disturbing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Steve35 wrote: »
    Are there other people on here who don't have any like me?

Yes me, I have absolutely no friends at all. I hit a particularly hard time in my life a few years back. I thought I had 4 real true friends. But at the first sign of trouble, they bolted.

I given up on friends now. Dont need them.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    A friend is someone that helps and encourage, not hinder so choose wisely your friends.

Very true words, for all parties :)
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a special place in my 'heart' for you Missy.

Wait did i say heart? Sorry about that, i meant BED :eek::p

Joe, behave!! :eek:
    I couldn't possibly say, but she does have a pulse if that helps ! :p

ha that sounds about right! :D
  • scheadschead Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »

No. A friend is someone who you use for companionship till you find your life partner. Then you eject them as fast as possible. Just as they would do to you if the tables were turned.
  • Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have any really, I moved away from the place I grew up and haven't made any more so it's just me and my ex who I'm still living with, luckily we still get on really well.

Very shy and awkward around people till I know them well so that doesn't help and I probably don't come across as very friendly. I sometimes don't feel confident enough to post on here.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    Id like a friend to go out with though even only five times a year. It's hard as an adult though making friendships that 'click' I don't fit in, in general, I am awkward I am pretty plain speaking, I don't hide anything, but I am not loud and cocky. Heck I don't even fit in ds forums lol, but I go on lol!

:eek: Are you me?
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    It's more me I'm not really a people person prefer to be by myself most of the time

Nothing wrong with that, dear. Humans are mainly social animals, so it surprises most when they realise not everyone is like them.

Do what you want to do. If you feel lonely then do something about it, but if you're happy to be a loner, then continue.
    Forum Member
    Zerokool wrote: »
    Yes me, I have absolutely no friends at all. I hit a particularly hard time in my life a few years back. I thought I had 4 real true friends. But at the first sign of trouble, they bolted.

I given up on friends now. Dont need them.

More trouble than they're worth half the time. You know who your true friend is when you look in the mirror.
    Forum Member
    They are.

Even where *the rain starts to fall* :D

I think i fancy a coffee :confused:

No booze tonight then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No booze tonight then?

Nah, i had enough last night ;)

I shall make up for it tomorrow though :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brady12 wrote: »
    I don't have any really, I moved away from the place I grew up and haven't made any more so it's just me and my ex who I'm still living with, luckily we still get on really well.

Very shy and awkward around people till I know them well so that doesn't help and I probably don't come across as very friendly. I sometimes don't feel confident enough to post on here.

You should try and post more if you can, it will probably boost your confidence.

If you've lurked here for a while then you've probably seen the types of people who are best avoided. There are lots on here who are a bit intimidating so just interact with the friendlier ones. :)
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post more on here. The majority of us are very friendly and will take you for who you are. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should be the person YOU want to be around other people. Never alter your personality around other people in the hope they will 'like' you. If they don't like the person you truly are or want to be then they aren't worth having as a friend anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should be the person YOU want to be around other people. Never alter your personality around other people in the hope they will 'like' you. If they don't like the person you truly are or want to be then they aren't worth having as a friend anyway.

I agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I currently don't have any proper friends but I know that that will change when I get a bit better and am able to go out socially again so I tend not to dwell on it very much.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well said, Joe!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said, Joe!

Through the drunken, flirty, stupid and silly posts, i like to think i can add something constructive every now and again :D