Lillyhammer

AL_BundyAL_Bundy Posts: 152
Forum Member
Just about to start to watch Lillyhammer is it any good seen Sopranos and enjoyed that so thought I would give Lillyhammer a go

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on my list of shows to check out
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is excellent - Steven van zandt plays a very similar character to his Soprano's alter ego, though a bit more tongue in cheek. A few nods to the Soprano's too, and one almighty homage in season two.......but by no means is it a one man show. It features a strong supporting cast.
  • Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent series. Can't wait for series 3.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Great series!
  • AL_BundyAL_Bundy Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    It's on my list of shows to check out

Right started watching this and I have only watched the first episode really enjoyed it so really looking forward to the rest.
  • AL_BundyAL_Bundy Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Excellent series. Can't wait for series 3.

I am half way through season 2 really enjoying it do you know when season 3 will be shown on Netflix uk ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just started watching this and im really enjoying so far.

think i have 2 left of season 1
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    I watched series 1 and enjoyed it but I haven't seen anything about series 2. Does anyone know when it was on and which channel it was on please?
  • dfkbdfkb Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    I watched series 1 and enjoyed it but I haven't seen anything about series 2. Does anyone know when it was on and which channel it was on please?

Series 2 is on Netflix UK, don't think it has been on UK TV as such.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed series 1, but series 2 was dire.
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    dfkb wrote: »
    Series 2 is on Netflix UK, don't think it has been on UK TV as such.

Thanks dfkb. Thats so annoying when they do that, I hate it when Netflix snaffle something after the first series has already been shown elsewhere. I watched the first series of Breaking Bad on terrestrial tv years ago but never saw the rest.
  • spectraspectra Posts: 2,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed series 1, but series 2 was dire.

Dire is a strong description - can you justify using it to descibe the change from Series 1 to 2?

I totally disagree. I enjoyed both, they were brilliant and i can't wait for series 3
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    spectra wrote: »
    Dire is a strong description - can you justify using it to descibe the change from Series 1 to 2?
    Like a lot of films sequels and subsequent series of TV shows, it's difficult to pinpoint why they are poor in comparison to the original.

Same actors, location, etc, but something is just lacking. Maybe the quality of the writing deteriorated, maybe they just overstretched the whole concept the novelty just wore off?

Whatever the reason, I just found series 2 a chore to watch, whereas I really enjoyed series 1.
  • Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AL_Bundy wrote: »
    Right started watching this and I have only watched the first episode really enjoyed it so really looking forward to the rest.

This.😄