Options

Hollyoaks E4 Boxing Day - NEW CREDITS (AGAIN!!)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New credits - anyone else notice them?

New additions:
Anita
older brother of Ravi, cant remember his name
Theresa
Spencer
Alfie

Gone:
Louise
Mandy
not sure who else?

New ident for Sasha and Josh

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missed it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angel Lisa wrote: »
    missed it

e4+1 !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can anybody add to this thread if i have missed anyone out
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will look forward to seeing them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Older brother of Ravi is Ash..
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    What was with this episode?

It was different...had a different feel, it looked different. It was like they had made it a bit grey looking..or was that just me? :confused:

It was full of dialog, the whole episode was 3 big long seperate conversations between Newt/Darren, Ste/Justin and Warren/Spencer. It went so deep!

It was actually quite brilliant! :eek: :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was very dark i thought too..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laura_lou wrote: »
    It was very dark i thought too..

Well I think it was signifying about how lonely people can feel at xmas...

But to me it looked like Spencer and Warren's film was shot in less colour, they both looked pale, it was dark-ish quite literally
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the new opening credits
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfHJpq_tlCo

And here's a chronological list of the characters

Tony
    Jacqui
    Darren
    Carmel
    Leila
    Ash
    Warren
    Steph
    Calvin
    Anita
    Elliot
    Theresa
    Hannah
    Ravi
    Rhys
    Mercedes
    Russ
    Spencer
    Malachy
    Lauren
    Newt
    Amy
    Josh
    Gilly
    Tom
    Cindy
    Kris
    Michaela
    Nancy
    Archie
    Holly
    Ste
    Sasha
    Zak
    Dom
    Zoe
    Justin
    Sarah
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Desaturated effect was a nice touch. Loved how all the characters were interlinked - I wish they'd do more "character" episodes like this. Warren and Ste both had abusive backgrounds, Newt and Warren were fostered and Darren struggled to deal with his father taking in waifs and strays. It was very good.

I think Spencer is fantastic already - in fact I thought the acting by all was good tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bgrules99 wrote: »
    Here's the new opening credits
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfHJpq_tlCo

And here's a chronological list of the characters

Tony
    Jacqui
    Darren
    Carmel
    Leila
    Ash
    Warren
    Steph
    Calvin
    Anita
    Elliot
    Theresa
    Hannah
    Ravi
    Rhys
    Mercedes
    Russ
    Spencer
    Malachy
    Lauren
    Newt
    Amy
    Josh
    Gilly
    Tom
    Cindy
    Kris
    Michaela
    Nancy
    Archie
    Holly
    Ste
    Sasha
    Zak
    Dom
    Zoe
    Justin
    Sarah

top stuff, thanks for that. Do you know who has disappeared, aside from Mandy and Louise? they've taken 2 away but added 5
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    What was with this episode?

It was different...had a different feel, it looked different. It was like they had made it a bit grey looking..or was that just me? :confused:

It was full of dialog, the whole episode was 3 big long seperate conversations between Newt/Darren, Ste/Justin and Warren/Spencer. It went so deep!

It was actually quite brilliant! :eek: :confused:

I loved the episode, and I noticed the greyish tint to ii, it definetly was one of the best i've seen in a long time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought it was great, it didn't seem like a regular episode, it felt different cus nothing really 'happened' as such, as i said, it was simply 3 long seperate in depth conversations/heart to hearts that went really deep and gave us an insight to the characters minds and why they are like they are. The sombre feel, the way it was shot, the greyish tint, all really added to it.

Best ep for a while.
  • Options
    The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the new titles look alot more like the Hollyoaks Later opening because they've added the dark-black backgrounds for some characters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a brilliant episode

I loved the desaturated look, I loved that they were bold enough to just stop the story for an episode and give us an insight into these three fascinating, messed-up characters. And it was such a stark contrast from the C4 episode, which I felt was a bit of a mess!

I really hope this is a sign the producers have realised how important character-driven stories are - and how well HO can do them - and that we'll see a return to form next year.
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that they would have waited to update the credits until Hayley arrived. I think she was the only new character left to come into the show of this new crew. That kind of sucks for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The writing was brilliant, i bet the writer loved being able to go deeper and have so much diolog to write, compared to the usual stuff they have to write. However, it did go so deep and complicated at times that it would have left alot of people wondering what they were going on about, either that or it just going over their heads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for posting that bgrules99
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it looks like Cindy is staying for a while longer. That is good:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best episode in a long while on HO..
  • Options
    mistrimistri Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that episode was great, so much better than the couple before it. All the characters were enjoyable to watch, and the dialogue was very well written. Direction was pretty nice too!

I never used to think much of Warren and Calvin, but I think Warren's a fantastic soap character - and is more interesting with Spencer than with Louise - and even Calvin is growing on me.

I am beginning to like Justin again (that character has been through so much!) and I've always liked Ste (not always nice, but always fascinating).

I have a growing crush on Darren and love his and Newt's relationship. Newt has grown up so much since his first began on the show, too.

All in all I thought that was one of the best episodes I've seen for a while :)
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I wish they would slip Myra, Mike, Suzanne, Neville, Jack & Frankie. Bel & Gov.

They are good though.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode was excellent: no other soap does this - the 3 really dysfunctional "couples". Some of the dialogue was heart-wrenching. I really hope they are going to explore these storylines over the next year/18 months - they must not be cut short. These characters have such drama potential... IMO, this stuff makes HO stand out from any of the other soaps....
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic episode tonight - they did an episode linking Newt, Darren, Ste and Warren together quite some time ago and it was great they came back to the issue tonight.

The new titles are much better without the purple, though still a couple of dodgy shots. And time Tom and Holly were removed IMO - if they get in it, so should the "oldies" who especially in the case of Frankie and Myra are on screen as much as any other character anyway.

I guess it also confirms Mandy is gone - and that as usual we can't get rid of bloody Tony! I knew she'd only signed up for six months but I expected her to stay on beyond that so her leaving yesterday was a bit of a surprise, but I did assume she'd come back.
  • Options
    belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASE can someone tell me:

Is Louise dead?
    Is Mandy dead?
    Is anyone dead?
    Who killed who?
    What the hell happened on E4 today, because we didn't get to see it!!!