The Syndicate - new drama coming to BBC One

Comments

• MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another good episode, didn't expect that. Hopes Leanne gets custody.

I hate the Blonde WAG :mad:
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed tonight's episode - I liked how we saw more of everyone (apart from Bob but he was on an plane!)
  • #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has Amy been in? Not misfits or Eva or sirens. Anything else?
  • the_bullthe_bull Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    she ran away with stacey from staceys real mum who was a drug addict and stuarts bitch of a girlfriend told the police after jaime showed her a picture of leanne and jaime 'together'

Ah ok, thanks. Who was the real mum then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know who it is playing the solicitor? I recognise him (from Emmerdale maybe?!), but can't think who it is.

He was I think Roy Glover in Emmerdale, and could somebody help me out please. I thought it had to be a magistrate that set the bail and not done in the police station
  • goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    the_bull wrote: »
    Missed tonight's episode... What was Leanne's big secret? Why is she on bail?

She fostered a baby (current kid). The druggie mother wanted the kid back so Leanne ran off with the baby and has been in hiding ever since.

She's on bail because that skank of a girlfriend of Stuarts found out who Leanne really was and grassed her to the cops...and she was arrested for abducting her (foster) kid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    He was I think Roy Glover in Emmerdale, and could somebody help me out please. I thought it had to be a magistrate that set the bail and not done in the police station

almost, he played Marc Reynolds not Roy Glover :)
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's also the real life brother of Matthew Lewis (Jamie)
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the_bull wrote: »
    Missed tonight's episode... What was Leanne's big secret? Why is she on bail?

her daughter was a foster child.. around the age of 2 the birth mother wanted her back.. she tried to pursuade her husband to do a runner but he didn't want to get into trouble with police.. the reason why he wanted to see her again was to get her to sign divorce papers as he wanted to marry someone else who was expecting their child..
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice twist tonight. Looking forward to next week.
    Forum Member
    goldielox wrote: »
    She fostered a baby (current kid). The druggie mother wanted the kid back so Leanne ran off with the baby and has been in hiding ever since.

She's on bail because that skank of a girlfriend of Stuarts found out who Leanne really was and grassed her to the cops...and she was arrested for abducting her (foster) kid.

Thanks. Just caught the last 2 minutes. Looked good, must watch it on iplayer.
    Forum Member
    thms wrote: »
    her daughter was a foster child.. around the age of 2 the birth mother wanted her back.. she tried to pursuade her husband to do a runner but he didn't want to get into trouble with police.. the reason why he wanted to see her again was to get her to sign divorce papers as he wanted to marry someone else who was expecting their child..

Thanks. That's quite a clever twist.
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some thing's very astray at BBC1 at the moment..this is two excellent dramas in less than that many months..after rubbish like The Deep and Outcasts that's incredible.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's also the real life brother of Matthew Lewis (Jamie)

Give over! Is he really?
    Wow. The things you learn on here.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    That's who it was .
    I was racking my Brains trying to think what it was he was in and for some reason i kept thinking Corrie (Close i guess)
    Really enjoyed tonight's episode :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    He was in Emmerdale. He was the son - Mark, was it? - of that policewoman that Cain was in love with. She was married to one of the McGann brothers in it and he was called Sean and was carrying on with Lady Tara

Blimey.

PS And it's just dawned on me that the woman taking money at the front desk at Stacey's ballet school was also a policewoman in soap - she was the youngest Morton daughter in Coronation St.
    xynaria wrote: »
    this chap possibly ?

Aha, that's him. Thank you both :)

I didn't enjoy tonights as much as previous weeks, although I still think it's a brilliant series so far.
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #grotbags# wrote: »
    What has Amy been in? Not misfits or Eva or sirens. Anything else?

She was in Shameless earlier this year and rather fetching too.
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really suprised by how much i'm loving this show! Manages to get just the right line between comedy and heartache. And the characters are so loveable! I could just watch Stuart, Denise and Leanne all day (and the opposite of totally dispising Amy and Jamie!)

I hope that there are some happy endings to be had next week, and it's certainly going to be a shame when it's over! Would love to see a second series (it's rated well enough to justify one) but i don't know if it would actually be possible storylinewise to do one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do so hope that that bitch of a girlfriend and sod of a brother get their comeupperances. I wanted to drown her and shoot him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    Give over! Is he really?
    Wow. The things you learn on here.

Yep lol, its good to see that the hotness runs in the family!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    smile371 wrote: »
    Really suprised by how much i'm loving this show! Manages to get just the right line between comedy and heartache. And the characters are so loveable! I could just watch Stuart, Denise and Leanne all day (and the opposite of totally dispising Amy and Jamie!)

I hope that there are some happy endings to be had next week, and it's certainly going to be a shame when it's over! Would love to see a second series (it's rated well enough to justify one) but i don't know if it would actually be possible storylinewise to do one?

I was thinking that. I sadly think this might be a one series drama. I cannot see where they would take a series two once all these inital storylines are wrapped up but like you say the ratings have been great so the BBC might commission more.

I would love to see more however. Its been a fantastic series.
  • miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great series and great acting from all concerned. I reckon Jamie and Amy will get together if they aren't already..... Love the characters and I can actually believe that they would all be so close as they are being played so well. This is exactly my kind of drama, funny and touching at the same time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks, I can now visualise Roy Glover
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The solicitor played Tommy in Torchwood - the one who was a soldier in WW1 and fell in love with Toshiko.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    The solicitor played Tommy in Torchwood - the one who was a soldier in WW1 and fell in love with Toshiko.

Not seen that episode in a while, but I remember him from it as well.