The Syndicate - new drama coming to BBC One

1171819202123»

Comments

• gilbert81gilbert81 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    There were some slight SOR's in the last episode mainly being,

Love to know how a police peugot 306 panda car managed to keep up with and tail a top of the range and VERY fast accelerating Porche !!!!! (if they can, I want one !!!!!)

It was a 308, I don't think it would beat a porsche though or they'd be sold out!
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    gilbert81 wrote: »
    It was a 308, I don't think it would beat a porsche though or they'd be sold out!

Police cars are tuned to perform a lot faster though.

My mates dad was a mechanic and he had a Ford Sierra Cosworth which he tuned. It got nicked, and the police couldn't catch it.:D The car was never seen again! pmsl.
  • roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Police cars are tuned to perform a lot faster though.

My mates dad was a mechanic and he had a Ford Sierra Cosworth which he tuned. It got nicked, and the police couldn't catch it.:D The car was never seen again! pmsl.

I don't think even the manufacturer could tune a pug 308 to keep up with a Porche !!!!

Also, at least round here, police cars (except traffic cars used for pursuits) are nearly all Dervs which are even slower accelerating (I know, I have one, a Derv that is, not a police car :D !!!!)
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    Thank you, guernseysnail, and especially for not just starting a new thread, which I would probably have missed, but adding it to this older thread which I subscribe to.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AKFE wrote: »
    Thank you, guernseysnail, and especially for not just starting a new thread, which I would probably have missed, but adding it to this older thread which I subscribe to.

Looks like a good cast, I'm a fan of Alison Steadman.
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    Me too! I love everything Alison Steadman is in. I watched all of Series 1 and 2 of Gavin & Stacey for the first time over the past few days and she makes it for me. Joanna Page (Stacey) was herself in Series 1 of Syndicate of course!
  • GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Syndicate fans you may be interested to know that the lady who wrote it was contacted by Spielberg and is now currently writing 40 episodes for US TV. They may not all get shown of course as they commission them to be written but if the pilot series doesn't get enough audience they don't make the rest.