Artists you can't buy on ITunes/Napster etc

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
Forum Member
Everyone knows about The Beatles' situation, but which other well known artists can't be found on these big download sites?

I've just discovered you can't download any of Don Henley's official releases on there, just the odd track off complations.

I only wanted Boys of Summer and Sunset Grill, but neither is on there - particularly surprised about Boys of Summer, as it is so famous.

Any others? And why hasn't Don Henley allowed his songs on there, is he precious about non-fans who are cherry-pickers? If I were an artist of his standing, I wouldn't be upset if people didn't want to buy a whole album of mine, I'd be grateful if just one song was popular enough for lots of people to download, as Boys of Summer surely is.

Comments

• lucky74lucky74 Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't buy anything by AC/DC or most things by Def Leppard on iTunes. I've no idea why, i'd like to get a couple of albums by both the above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't get Tool on itunes:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just annoyed the Beatles are not on iTunes!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows about The Beatles' situation, but which other well known artists can't be found on these big download sites?

I've just discovered you can't download any of Don Henley's official releases on there, just the odd track off complations.

I only wanted Boys of Summer and Sunset Grill, but neither is on there - particularly surprised about Boys of Summer, as it is so famous.

Any others? And why hasn't Don Henley allowed his songs on there, is he precious about non-fans who are cherry-pickers? If I were an artist of his standing, I wouldn't be upset if people didn't want to buy a whole album of mine, I'd be grateful if just one song was popular enough for lots of people to download, as Boys of Summer surely is.

Not quite everyone. I only discovered a couple of hours ago you can't get Beatles songs from iTunes. I've obviously spent a very long time living in a cave somewhere and managed to miss the Beatles situation :o

*goes back to the cave*

:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Buy the CDs? If you want a single you can't find then buy it second hand on eBay or Amazon Market Place.

Sometimes you can get tracks from the likes of Play.com that aren't on iTunes, and vice versa.
  • TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried any other normal download file sharing programmes?? There are loads of FREE ones on the net????:D:D

I personally cant stand iTunes!!!

For one thing, what you can get on the UK iTunes you cant get on the US iTunes and vice versa, either because of payment methods or purely because of availability!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prickles wrote: »
    Not quite everyone. I only discovered a couple of hours ago you can't get Beatles songs from iTunes. I've obviously spent a very long time living in a cave somewhere and managed to miss the Beatles situation :o

*goes back to the cave*

:o

Your not the only one:o.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Itunes annoys me due to the lack of Jrock, but I can't be bothered to p!ss around anywhere else, so I'll stick with it and beg them for some.

Something else I don't like about it is that traditional or obviously 'foreign' music gets lumped in under 'world'. It's so arrogant to treat music like that. Western? Gets it's own genre. Asian? African? Pacific? Let's just lump it under one sweeping genre.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Turquoise wrote: »
    Something else I don't like about it is that traditional or obviously 'foreign' music gets lumped in under 'world'. It's so arrogant to treat music like that. Western? Gets it's own genre. Asian? African? Pacific? Let's just lump it under one sweeping genre.

Very true. Latin American as well. I downloaded music by the Argentine country-rock band Turf, and this was mystifyingly described as 'World'. If they sang it in English, it might be country, it might be rock, but because it is in Spanish, it is suddenly 'World' and thrown into the realm of Andy Kershaw when he isn't off stalking people in the Isle of Man... :D