Options

Eastenders 25/12/2010 - Goodbye Stacey! Episode Discussion

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been shocked like that for a while (re: Janine).

I like the lack of spoilers.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Right to the end we were meant to feel sorry for poor Stacey. What airport was Stacey flying from and what airline? She got through pretty quickly.
    Can't have been London City. They're on the Central Line, correct? most likely Heathrow?

Then again - was that view right for one of the Standard Instrument Departures? Possibly off 09L or 09R?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojo2008 wrote: »
    You can in soap, yes :D

You can in 'real life' too - so long as you aren't fussy where you go and there are seats for sale...
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So has Ryan left too? Or does he just take off for a while?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would loved to have seen her and Ryan run off together. Bloody spoilsport script writers. Stacey was obviously meant to be with Ryan.
  • Options
    ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm a little late but ronnie's go broke my heart. Love how she handled the whole thing.

Me too! Aw Ronnie and Stacey should have had more scenes together.

End of a era. I am glad she's gone, as the character was getting tiresome and overused but if she was to come back in a few years ala Kat I would be quite pleased. Lacey has been fantastic and I wish her well with her future career :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not on planes I've been on.

just seems a bit unsafe to have the baby on the lap during flight :(
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I would loved to have seen her and Ryan run off together. Bloody spoilsport script writers. Stacey was obviously meant to be with Ryan.

Neither of them are meant to be with anyone in my eyes.

Stacey loved Bradley, then Max, then Bradley, then Ryan, then Bradley.

Ryan loved Janine, then Stacey just after getting married.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,306
    Forum Member
    One of the best episodes of soap this year! Janine is sick :eek: Lacey, Jake, Charlie, Gillian are all brilliant!

I am really going to miss Lacey, she has been brilliant throughout. And I luved the ending, that shot was very good.

Defo 10/10. :D
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel so sad, watching the story of Stacey come to an end after following her for the last 6 years or so, from all she's been through... i can't believe it's all over.

Lacey Turner has been a true delight to watch on -screen, a tremendous actress with a bright future ahead of her.

The character of Stacey equally has been brilliant, with so many highs and lows...... and managed to have some cracking on-screen partnerships with the likes of her mum Jean, Bradley and of course Max.

It's an end of an era..... a very well written episode and the perfect way for an iconic character to bow out. Giving her centre stage for the most important episode of the year was the perfect choice.

Stacey Slater will go down in the shows history as one of the many greats.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't fully watching, but did Janine say "Stacey Slater" to the police? Isn't her name still Stacey Branning? (or wouldn't that make a difference to Interpol?) *too many wines tonight* :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well That wonderful ending Dwarfs the lackluster ending that Peggy got So Well Done EE! :)

Gonna miss Stacey so much though! :(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I wasn't fully watching, but did Janine say "Stacey Slater" to the police? Isn't her name still Stacey Branning? (or wouldn't that make a difference to Interpol?) *too many wines tonight* :D

lol I notice that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    The police weren't called about Archie, it was about Janine's stabbing.

Also possible her passport would be in the name Stacey Branning. If police were looking for Stacey Slater, it's possible she could have got away before they realised. Anyway it's a soap and she was always going to leave with a happyish ending.

Edit: Someone got there before me with this one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im glad they didnt kill of peggy or stacey. Both too popular characters to be killed off IMO.
    And i do think lacey turner will do a kat and come back at some p[oint in the future!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Despite the holes, that was a great ending for a great character and actress tonight, definitely not going to be the same on The Square without her, hope she returns in a few years!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhhh glad stacey got a nice ending.
    Okay so this whole stacey/ryan thing has drove me up the wall recently BUT Stacey was the best thing about EE for me for a long time in 06/07/08 and I am sad to see her go :( lovely ending though
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Scot_JJ wrote: »
    Julia's theme..appropriate.

Sorry but what is Julia Theme?:confused:

Loved the ending, knew Max was still in love with her but why did she not let Ryan go with her and be a family? was it because of what evil Janine said?
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    lol I notice that.

Glad I wasn't the only one. It was my OH that made me realise! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On a lighter note, lmao at Hevs burp :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best soap episode of the year and easily one of the best Eastenders goodbyes! Seriously amazing! Stacey Slater is my fave character ever in soap!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like how the police only came out to see stacey about the stabbing and not about the murder so it gives her an easier route back if she was to return!
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    So has Ryan left too? Or does he just take off for a while?

He'll be sorting his head out, hopefully until the summer at least, so we can have a rest from his dull charmless character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    i think that ending was really good, because it was so simple. It was so cute when Lilly was just playing with her bracelets whilst Stacey was staring out the window crying, it was really good
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was brilliant! Loved the lack of spoilers.

Only thing that dissapointed me was Max confessing his love for Stacey.

Didn't need it - their friendship worked well enough.

Lovely exit for the character, glad she got away!

My heart was breaking for Jean as she wandered at the end, sort of foreshadowing for her character that she's going to be left in a wandering dazed state. I thought she was going to say it was her who stabbed Janine.