People may hate me for saying this but

Comments

• PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Achtung! wrote: »
    Innocent kitten let's not forget. "Innocents" by itself suggests that the animal should be thought of as a person, especially when referenced right after the mention of family. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but I think too many equate kittens and cats to children and babies, which of course, they aren't.

Maybe im odd, but to me cats and dogs ARE family. I have no children. I cant have children. Instead i have pets, and they are my everything and they are my babies.

Maybe once someone has a human child their feelings change, but to me, my pets are my kids.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Will he mutter under his breath at her?

I hope that's all he'd do, I don't want him getting in trouble over that b*tch. I'm sure his sentence would be harsher than hers if he did do anything :rolleyes:
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Porcupine wrote: »
    Maybe im odd, but to me cats and dogs ARE family. I have no children. I cant have children. Instead i have pets, and they are my everything and they are my babies.

Maybe once someone has a human child their feelings change, but to me, my pets are my kids.

Why would you think that? I've got kids (I hate that word, my offspring are children, not goats but that's another thread. :D) and I also have pets. They're as much a member of my family as their human counterparts, I can tell what they're feeling by their facial expressions which is something that I would never have believed until I actually owned a pet. Just because these creatures have no power of speech doesn't mean that they don't have feelings or emotions just as we do.

Love your cats and dogs, who has the right to be so selfish and arrogant to consider us humans any better than any other creature on this earth? Enjoy their company and the love they bring to you, unconditional and that's more than can be said for the human race.
  • silkdragonsilkdragon Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was a young child, I remeber my aunt telling me of a man who had kicked a dog to death,
    it still sticks in my mind to this day. The man in question died of cancer of the throat.
  • silkdragonsilkdragon Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When our beloved collie Zac died, it made my husband ill with grief, he lost half a stone in weight, to this day we have pictures of all our pets around our home.
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woman getting lesser sentence than man shocker
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    I actually feel sick.. that baby kitten looked just like my Elphie :cry::cry::cry:

I want to find that disgusting chav and throw her from a window by her extensions

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I despair for the future of this country as long as we allow lefties to dictate public policy. People like this are scum, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Abort her baby, sterilise her, take her existing child into care, and jail her for life. There's no reason for her to exist.

I despair for the present of this country as long as people who think abortion and compulsory sterilisation are acceptable public policies still exist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    I was disgusted reading the acticle but I personally found the picture a little unneccassary as she looked so similar to my little boy Toby that i found it quite upsetting (could also be i am a bit pregnant so hormonal!!).
    No matter what that girls upbringing is there was no excuse for her actions she is a truely disturbed and disgusting little girl.
  • gazmatgazmat Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    I despair for the present of this country as long as people who think abortion and compulsory sterilisation are acceptable public policies still exist.

Abortion and sterilisation don't go far enough. Bring back Eugenics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    If we had anything like some real justice both in general, but particularly for animal cruelty, people wouldn't react this way. One extreme breeds the other. Our legal system is hopeless.
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Innocent kitten let's not forget. "Innocents" by itself suggests that the animal should be thought of as a person, especially when referenced right after the mention of family. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but I think too many equate kittens and cats to children and babies, which of course, they aren't.

Bless her heart, she doesn't deserve the flack she's getting on here:(, her reason for tossing the poor kitty can easily be justified, we should not be angry and have no right to wish harm to her:rolleyes:, wishing bad is just as bad as doing bad, we'll behave now:o.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's just nonsense. As I said in another thread, the fact that it was a kitten is irrelevant. If it had been a dog, a gerbil or a flipping monkey then I'm sure most people would be just as upset upset.
  • Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    Bless her heart, she doesn't deserve the flack she's getting on here:(, her reason for tossing the poor kitty can easily be justified, we should not be angry and have no right to wish harm to her:rolleyes:, wishing bad is just as bad as doing bad, we'll behave now:o.

Don't try and turn my rather bemused post about some peoples' attitudes towards the animal, and animals, into de facto support for the girl in question.
  • Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    That's just nonsense. As I said in another thread, the fact that it was a kitten is irrelevant. If it had been a dog, a gerbil or a flipping monkey then I'm sure most people would be just as upset upset.

Are you posting from a large cave?
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Don't try and turn my rather bemused post about some peoples' attitudes towards the animal, and animals, into de facto support for the girl in question.

Yes sir, I sorry.:o
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iannai wrote: »
    I know - the one in the middle (f**ker) once threw a Brummie lass out of her 11th floor flat :eek:

The judge let him off though as it was an impulsive act.

I'd love to be in the vets when they call out his/her name (not that I'm wishing a trip to the vet on your squitty cat!) :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »

Hmm, where do you stand with regard to bed bugs, nits and bird mites?

ETA That's a genuine question. All the creatures you mentioned are furry ones. Is that coincidence?
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    What about people who break the law in other ways? For example, buying illegal drugs? Should the same thing happen to them? Where does it stop?
    That is not what this debate is about.

Birmingham Council display the following on their website:

Children's Services in Birmingham are delivered according to the five key outcomes identified in the Children Act 2004. These five outcomes ensure that children and young people are able to:
    1. Be healthy;
    2. Stay safe;
    3. Enjoy and achieve;
    4. Make a positive contribution; and
    5. Achieve economic wellbeing.

Sure as hell Ravenall's kids will not, if they remain with her. The solicitor says she cannot cope with life, therefore she should NOT HAVE KIDS!
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you posting from a large cave?

That just gave me genuine lulz and I'm still at work. :o
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That wee kitten looked just like my old cat, Cosmo. And that sick biatch looks like Fearne Cotton!
  • Lincoln HawkLincoln Hawk Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope someone posts her whereabouts on facebook and she gets what is coming to her. Animal cruelty makes me sick and angry. Why can't she pick on someone her own size if she's pissed off at the world?
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sure as hell Ravenall's kids will not, if they remain with her. The solicitor says she cannot cope with life, therefore she should NOT HAVE KIDS!

good to know we have qualified social workers on here to make these assessments from newspaper reports.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that what she did was abhorrent but the threats being made to her on here are no better.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    good to know we have qualified social workers on here to make these assessments from newspaper reports.

The way some social workers fail to do their job properly, the people of DS can't do any worse.