Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 9)

Comments

• dsp11dsp11 Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    We all have issues in our life, but have to deal with what life dealt us, not moaning at every opportunity and expecting constant sympathy. I have a friend who does this, I do feel for her, but there are only so many times I can bring myself to offer sympathy. I don't mean to sound hard, but she gets really boring, I feel my eyes starting to glaze over. An initial moan is fine, constantly is wearing. Gritting your teeth and getting on with it springs to mind.
  • dsp11dsp11 Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Loving your commentary Loopy, excellent!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    dsp11 wrote: »
    We all have issues in our life, but have to deal with what life dealt us, not moaning at every opportunity and expecting constant sympathy. I have a friend who does this, I do feel for her, but there are only so many times I can bring myself to offer sympathy. I don't mean to sound hard, but she gets really boring, I feel my eyes starting to glaze over. An initial moan is fine, constantly is wearing. Gritting your teeth and getting on with it springs to mind.

Unfortunately when people are going through hard times, it's all-encompassing for them. So while we're living, working, shopping, chilling, going out, etc.....their problems take up 99% of the real estate in their minds so if you've opened the door of empathy in the beginning, that's seen as an avenue of release for them, maybe the only one if they're embarrassedto talk to anyone else.

I've done it myself, others have done it to me. It's the human condition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series three is boring compared to the first two and I can't bear to watch Emma snuggled up to her Daddy on the sofa anymore! there is too much of Sam, Emma and Phil just walking the dogs.

Lorraine is badly missed as it was more lighhearted with her as presenter and the lovely director Dan is never in it much.
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loopzilla wrote: »
    You lucky divil. I had to watch it in HD, I could count the nose hairs. The two big "tusks" are actually several matted twines. I think, although I'm not sure, that they have been severed or tucked in for the royal visit....or maybe I was imagining it.

Problem with seeing everything the second time was that the "fun" in series 1 and 2 took on a sinister tone because of what we found in series 3.
    Oh my God, I am NEVER getting HD tv! The thought of Phil's nose hair in high definition is making me boak.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know Phil and Aud had followed in the footsteps of David and Victoria!! :eek: :D

They look so good!

:o

tenorlady wrote: »
    Oh my God, I am NEVER getting HD tv! The thought of Phil's nose hair in high definition is making me boak.

His nosehair is AMAZING in HD. I'm sure the cats were paying attention to if as they thought it was string for them to play with :D
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    Series three is boring compared to the first two and I can't bear to watch Emma snuggled up to her Daddy on the sofa anymore! there is too much of Sam, Emma and Phil just walking the dogs.

Lorraine is badly missed as it was more lighhearted with her as presenter and the lovely director Dan is never in it much.
    I preferred it with Lorraine but to be fair, she was struggling to keep her sweet kindly tv persona in place by the middle of series 2!
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    I still say they should have got me to host it. Id have been marvellous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still say they should have got me to host it. Id have been marvellous.

I can see you presenting with a bottle of sambucca in hand :D By the end of the show, you wouldn't be very complimentary to their ailments :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    hiya all, hope you all had a fab weekend. xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimmaton wrote: »
    hiya all, hope you all had a fab weekend. xx

Hi Kim! How are you?? Hope everyone is well and that you have a Chawner-free week :D
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    Hi Kim! How are you?? Hope everyone is well and that you have a Chawner-free week :D

I am very well thanks, alot better now that we have finally got the chunkies out of our lives. They have changed so much since going on the x factor, the sort of fame has got to them lol. 7 years is along time to have known them but can finally say my little girl isnt missing them one little bit.
  • AwesomeGeorgeAwesomeGeorge Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    I am very well thanks, alot better now that we have finally got the chunkies out of our lives. They have changed so much since going on the x factor, the sort of fame has got to them lol. 7 years is along time to have known them but can finally say my little girl isnt missing them one little bit.
    You must be the mother of the adorable child, Phil and Audrey's grandchild? She is a beautiful little girl, all credit to you. It can't have been easy having the Chawner family as in-laws.

It's a shame they think they are better than other people, or even consider themselves to be famous, after being ridiculed on television on numerous occasions. Most people would rather lie low and pretend it never happened. The Chawners are unbelievable, it's not exactly a claim to fame, and most people have to be reminded as to who they are, even after 3 series of reality shows featuring them.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hi Kim, very pleased for you, you've done the right thing. No one can say you haven't tried :)

But I'm curious, what were they like before Emma went on the X-F? Before the cameras started following them etc?
    Forum Member
    You must be the mother of the adorable child, Phil and Audrey's grandchild? She is a beautiful little girl, all credit to you. It can't have been easy having the Chawner family as in-laws.

It's a shame they think they are better than other people, or even consider themselves to be famous, after being ridiculed on television on numerous occasions. Most people would rather lie low and pretend it never happened. The Chawners are unbelievable, it's not exactly a claim to fame, and most people have to be reminded as to who they are, even after 3 series of reality shows featuring them.

hiya awesome george, yes i am Alicia's mummy. It hasnt been easy having them as in laws. When i 1st got with their son in 2005 everything was ok with them until they went on x factor in 2007. They would rather make a show of themselves everywhere they go rather than be a grandma/grandad to her. She is 6 now and understands that they havent made the effort to see her so she hasnt asked for them.
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Hi Kim, very pleased for you, you've done the right thing. No one can say you haven't tried :)

But I'm curious, what were they like before Emma went on the X-F? Before the cameras started following them etc?

hiya lotty27. I have tried massively to get them to be a part in her life, but noone can force them and to be honest they don't want to. When I first met them they was ok and then when I had Alicia they always rang to see how she was. But now they are in their own little bubble, they think everyone loves them. Talk soon off to bed now, night x
  • AwesomeGeorgeAwesomeGeorge Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    hiya awesome george, yes i am Alicia's mummy. It hasnt been easy having them as in laws. When i 1st got with their son in 2005 everything was ok with them until they went on x factor in 2007. They would rather make a show of themselves everywhere they go rather than be a grandma/grandad to her. She is 6 now and understands that they havent made the effort to see her so she hasnt asked for them.
    That's very sad for them, they are missing out on their granddaughter's life, the kind of 'fame' they have isn't going to be worth buttons in a few years time. You sound like an intelligent woman who will give your daughter a fantastic childhood and see her into her teens and adulthood, she won't miss not having paternal grandparents.

I understand they disowned your daughter's father? How lovely. And how utterly unsurprising, having seen Mr Chawner's response to his older daughter possibly having a boyfriend.
    Forum Member
    Thank you very much. Yes they made Chris choose between me and Alicia or them and he chose us. night x
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much. Yes they made Chris choose between me and Alicia or them and he chose us. night x

I wish the girls had the chance to make the same choice, but they'd probably choose Phil,!
  • wannabegothchavwannabegothchav Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are the repeats in June on Bio or Bio HD?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are the repeats in June on Bio or Bio HD?
    Dont know about HD but they're on the ordinary Bio Channel. They're stringing them out one a week, not daily.

Which is good for me because otherwise they'd be in competition with the tennis. Chunkies v tennis, no contest. Fit athletic men bashing hell out of a ball wins every time in my book. :cool:
  • wannabegothchavwannabegothchav Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    Dont know about HD but they're on the ordinary Bio Channel. They're stringing them out one a week, not daily.

Which is good for me because otherwise they'd be in competition with the tennis. Chunkies v tennis, no contest. Fit athletic men bashing hell out of a ball wins every time in my book. :cool:

I'm ashamed to admit this, but the Chunkies would win for me!!!! I'm going home tomorrow, I'll set me Sky + up ready!!

No I'm not, I'm going home Thursday
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »

There are certain players who I think should be forced to play in their underwear. But thats not for here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil keeps his girls on a ball and chain..they finally told him the truth in todays episode!
    Sam crying and lying all through todays episode she doesn't know how she is putting on the weight, then Emma rats on her saying she is going to starbucks and eating her scones.
    Phil just really pees me off I want to fast forward his ugly gappy grin, telling on Audrey saying her sore smelled like rotten meat..he is a total pig.

Ahh then at the end Audrey is saying they are married 25 years and they have been so happy and Phil starts going on about her hygiene to Dan saying she hasn't got it sorted..ugh I would box his head in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    Phil keeps his girls on a ball and chain..they finally told him the truth in todays episode!
    Sam crying and lying all through todays episode she doesn't know how she is putting on the weight, then Emma rats on her saying she is going to starbucks and eating her scones.
    Phil just really pees me off I want to fast forward his ugly gappy grin, telling on Audrey saying her sore smelled like rotten meat..he is a total pig.

Ahh then at the end Audrey is saying they are married 25 years and they have been so happy and Phil starts going on about her hygiene to Dan saying she hasn't got it sorted..ugh I would box his head in.

He's not pleasant. I have to fess up, scones on melon (with squirty cream) sounds extremely tempting
This discussion has been closed.