✭✭✭
    Anyone else love the reworkings on DC?
  • digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone else love the reworkings on DC?

Me:D
    I still prefer the sensual world to the flower of the mountain rework but everything else stands out as good alternatives to the originals.
    I love this woman's work and the new sparseness of it. Love never be mine and especially love rubberband girl, I think kate stood up to the mike their after a few vodkas:) but I love how it feels as if it was done in one take.
    I love the second half of deeper understanding, as in the bit beyond the single version.
    Lily and the red shoes definitely benefit from the reworking.
    I still have loads of time for the originals but directors cut hit the right chord with me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still havent got Directors Cut....may treat myself to it eventually :).

Aerial i have been replaying a lot recently...i adore that it feels like two individual albums in one...such a clever idea i wish more artists utilised too...creatively it is so beautiful and epic in scope...in so many ways i did wish she toured with the material...but alas, they are for performances in the mind.
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    I still havent got Directors Cut....may treat myself to it eventually :).

Aerial i have been replaying a lot recently...i adore that it feels like two individual albums in one...such a clever idea i wish more artists utilised too...creatively it is so beautiful and epic in scope...in so many ways i did wish she toured with the material...but alas, they are for performances in the mind.

I've been playing A Sky of Honey a lot lately, it's breathes a bit of sunshine into a drab February morning on the train to uni.

Nocturn is my favourite, it's a little symphony building up into a great crescendo.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not, and still do not enjoy either of her two releases. Although that said I think Deeper Understanding, Lily and TWW were all decent remakes :).

As for Aerial, A sky Of Honey is such a beautiful album encapsulates summer greatly, wonder what season she will tackle next :p
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aerial is outstanding. It was worth the wait. She can do no wrong when it comes to her albums. I just love her!
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate to do live concerts in London later this year:-

http://www.katebush.com/news/dawn

:o:cool::D
  • babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe it! Never thought I'd see the day, I'm shaking! Slight overreaction perhaps, but I'm so excited!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **** me, I nearly fainted on hearing this:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not getting too over-excited the demand for this will so huge, it's an events even non-fans will want tickets just to say they were there, so it's good news but at the same time I'm being pragmatic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to get excited, even if I don't get a ticket there will be merchandise and or live cd/video of the dates. Kate is being creative, there is kate activity. Pretty exciting to me a massive fan of her material from the beginning!
    My hope is that people are just accepting of kate as she is now and hope they don't expect the leotarded kate of mime and dance. You can bet she has a decent show planned, however acoustic or stripped back it might be, as I doubt she'd be doing it otherwise:)
  • PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely not expecting any leaping around the stage, I expect it will be a more pared down performance but will still be brilliant and memorable. I think my hands will be shaking while trying to order tickets as surely there will be a huge surge as the ticket office opens.
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow Wow Wow..... Unbelievable:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.katebushnews.com/index.php/2014/03/the-homeground-anthology-1982-2012-now-published/
    The home ground anthology is ready as well !
    It's certainly a great day for KB fans:)
  • zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes! Amazing news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digit al wrote: »
    http://www.katebushnews.com/index.php/2014/03/the-homeground-anthology-1982-2012-now-published/
    The home ground anthology is ready as well !
    It's certainly a great day for KB fans:)
    Hey digit, long time - yeah that's sods law - I was going to buy both books this pay day, tickets will have to be priority now tho'! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone expecting any special guests on duets and such like :)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zounds wrote: »
    Hey digit, long time - yeah that's sods law - I was going to buy both books this pay day, tickets will have to be priority now tho'! :)

Hey zounds, yep tickets will be a priority here too but I've been waiting for the Anthology since they teased us god knows how long back !
    I might have to air the secret credit card:D
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    my goodness isn't this a real treat .....

maybe the 'new iTunes beyonce style release album' tomorrow is by her and called 'before dawn'...now ultra excited!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Anyone expecting any special guests on duets and such like :)?

I'm still trying to get my head round Kate let alone guests:)
    I'm putting together my perfect set list in my head though !
    I'm wondering if the life jacket photos and title of the concerts should make us think ninth wave on purpose?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my goodness isn't this a real treat .....

maybe the 'new iTunes beyonce style release album' tomorrow is by her and called 'before dawn'...now ultra excited!

I need a lie down in a darkened room, that prospect has given me palpitations:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know there is so much swirling around I just had a thought after thinking of all the music still un-played, and it struck me Elton John, after this announcement anything could indeed be possible :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh.....

This was sent around 6 hours ago and was under the ‘Promotions’ tab in my Gmail account, rather than the ‘Primary’ tab, so if you have a Gmail account and are signed up to the mailing list hope you can find it there:

This is the full text:

Dear Mark zounds,

We are contacting you as you are eligible to participate in the fan pre-sale for the “Before the Dawn” concerts in August & September 2014 at Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith 48 hours ahead of the general ticket sale on 28th March 2014.

Please visit http://www.eventim.co.uk at 9.30am on 26th March 2014, locate the show you’d like to attend, select the fan pre-sale from the drop-down menu and enter the unique access code below for your chance to purchase tickets to one of the shows:

Access code: ##########

**ACCESS CODES ARE STRICTLY ONE USE ONLY AND SHOULD BE ENTERED AS DISPLAYED ABOVE IN LOWER CASE. IF YOU LEAVE THE PAGE AND TRY TO USE THE CODE AGAIN IT WILL BE INVALID.**

**THE ACCESS CODE WILL BE INVALID IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED THIS EMAIL DIRECTLY FROM KATEBUSH.COM**

**ALL NEW SIGNEES TO THE KATEBUSH.COM MAILING LIST FROM 00:00AM ON 1ST MARCH 2014 WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRE-SALE TICKETS**

This event is for fans only and the following rules are in place to ensure that tickets do not get sold on and fans do not pay a higher price for their tickets.

Ticket purchases are limited to a maximum of 4 per order. For example, you can try to purchase up to 4 tickets for just 1 of the 15 concerts, or 1 ticket for 4 separate shows. All tickets MUST be purchased in the same transaction in order for the access code to remain valid.
    The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made.
    The lead booker will be asked to present ID to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions may result in the customer’s order being void. There are no exceptions to this rule.
    If you are booking more than one ticket your guests must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away.
    Tickets cannot be resold or transferred under any circumstances. If the promoter reasonably believes this to be the case the barcode on the ticket will be voided, prohibiting entry to the concert.
    Age Restriction: 14+ (ALL UNDER 16′s MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT)

As the number of tickets reserved is limited they will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Sadly this means that not everyone receiving this offer has a guarantee of securing a ticket during the pre-sale, but anyone who doesn’t manage to get one will still be able to try again when general tickets go on sale at 9.30am 28th March 2014.

Before The Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith:

August:
    Tuesday, 26th August
    Wednesday, 27th August
    Friday, 29th August
    Saturday, 30th August

September:
    Tuesday, 2nd September
    Wednesday, 3rd September
    Friday, 5th September
    Saturday, 6th September
    Tuesday, 9th September
    Wednesday, 10th September
    Friday, 12th September
    Saturday, 13th September
    Tuesday, 16th September
    Wednesday, 17th September
    Friday, 19th September

We hope to see you there.

Kindest regards,
    The Fish People
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey zounds,
    Yep, I got the same email:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digit al wrote: »
    Hey zounds,
    Yep, I got the same email:)

Nice! I'm thinking of booking either Tuesday 2nd or Wednesday 3rd September myself.