The Returned (US Remake) On Netflix UK, Starting 10 March

Netflix has apparently made a deal to show the US remake of French series The Returned in all territories outside the US and Canada. Episodes will be available within 24 hours of US broadcast, and the show starts in the US on 9 March.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Excellent news i did see it appear that it was coming this month on the Netflix UK homepage & i smiled :) Love these kind of shows & very much looking forward to it. Thank you Netflix :):)
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm While it seems like a more grown up version of 'Resurrection' (and yes I know it is a remake of the French series), I do hope it doesn't suffer from dramatic teens, and depressive drunks who make things all about them rather than seeing the bigger picture.

So far the Psych seems to be the only person with any sense of how to deal with things.

The Doctor is ridiculous. Letting the boy stay over night rather than calling the police.

And walking through a dark tunnel with a hoodie in it is stupid.

I just hope it goes deeper than 'Resurrection' did.
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the one that was on Watch last autumn?
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hotguy25 wrote: »
    Is this the one that was on Watch last autumn?

No it only premiered in the US last night. Think the one you are thinking of is Resurrection
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked it. Quite creepy. Looking forward to the next episode.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    I watched (and loved) the original French version so I thought I'd give the American remake a go as it's on Netflix.

It's basically a carbon copy of the French series but the acting isn't as good. It also doesn't have quite the same creepy feel of the original... maybe because the soundtrack is lacking. (Anyone who's watched the original will know the Mogwai tunes were a perfect accompaniment to the series.)

I'll probably watch the next few, but it feels so close to the original I already know what's going to happen!
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the first episode and I'm also quite surprised that it's practically a shot-for-shot remake of the original. They've even cast some actors who look similar, although Victor isn't as creepy as his Gallic counterpart.

Still, I'll keep watching as it's oddly compelling viewing to watch the whole thing again without the need for subtitles :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Paul237 wrote: »
    I watched (and loved) the original French version so I thought I'd give the American remake a go as it's on Netflix.

It's basically a carbon copy of the French series but the acting isn't as good. It also doesn't have quite the same creepy feel of the original... maybe because the soundtrack is lacking. (Anyone who's watched the original will know the Mogwai tunes were a perfect accompaniment to the series.)

I'll probably watch the next few, but it feels so close to the original I already know what's going to happen!

Totally agree.

Apparently the producer said the storyline will depart from the original series after Episode 6, so maybe check back in then.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it, I've not seen the French one so went in with Fresh eyes and thought the whope thing was very well done and well acted generally- Has a touch of class around it- Suitably creepy and disturbing with a lot of questions over whats about to happen to sustain the season
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff so far. Having Mary Elizabeth Winstead in the cast is a nice bonus too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed the 2nd episode is on there now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Wayne814 wrote: »
    Just noticed the 2nd episode is on there now.
    Didn`t think it had been a week all ready so how come we got the 2nd episode so quickly :confused: It`s great then waiting a week though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn`t think it had been a week all ready so how come we got the 2nd episode so quickly :confused: It`s great then waiting a week though :)

No idea, but its there, was looking at the reviews and seen there was 2 episodes
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Netflix UK was able to put the second episode up early because the US TV channel that makes the show released episode 2 on their own website as a special preview.