Options

Pregnant woman drink driving

grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,958
Forum Member
I was going to go on about how wrong this is on so many levels, but see for yourselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-33487717

Comments

• Options
    OdonataOdonata Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had no license, no insurance, was over the limit, was due to give birth and had a 7 year old in the car. Wow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm lost for word's. >:(

The baby should be put up for adoption as soon as it's born.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. 3 "adults" in the car, all drunk, and a 7 year old child ?.

I'd certainly have that family monitored by social services for a good few years.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's such a shame that some women do this when there's other women who would love to give birth, but can't. It smacks of selfishness.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grauniad wrote: »
    I was going to go on about how wrong this is on so many levels, but see for yourselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-33487717

Sorry, am just quoting the OP and not commenting yet because, for some reason, a lot of links are showing as black - and unclickable - for me but I've found if someone quotes the post the font is blue and the link is fine. Very strange. Be back after I've read it.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being pregnant is bad enough but what really upsets me is the thought of what that 7 year old has seen and the life she has. A 7 year old should be tucked up in bed at that time, not cruising with a pissed up mother and her friends.

Of course this may be a once off and very out of character but I doubt it. No mention of social service input but I would assume police would put in referral as standard.

Very sad. A 17 year old might learn but how do you teach a 26 year old how to be a mum? Lets hope she doesn't have anymore until she's fit for it. Just very, very sad.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The woman had 45 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of her breath, police added. The legal limit is 35."

Guidelines suggest that for a woman to be below the limit she shouldn't take more than 3 units before driving. Seems to me she had about 4 units? Thats equivelant of 4 small glasses of wine or 2 large ones. Not ideal, but not really a hanging offence imho.
    Mind you driving without licence or insurance is pretty bad in my book so I am puzzled at what seems a pretty lenient fine. The ban is hardly going to affect her - she wasn't supposed to drive anyway!
  • Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, am just quoting the OP and not commenting yet because, for some reason, a lot of links are showing as black - and unclickable - for me but I've found if someone quotes the post the font is blue and the link is fine. Very strange. Be back after I've read it.

Thanks same for me, I thought when I posted links I was doing it wrong.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    Thanks same for me, I thought when I posted links I was doing it wrong.

If you use the advanced editor there is a tick box "Automatically parse links in text" which if ticked converts any bit of text that looks like a URL into a clickable link. If you untick it the text isn't converted.

But if you quote the post and have "Automatically parse links in text" ticked it then converts the URL in the quote into a clickable link.
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member

Sorry about that, but with me it seems hit and miss. I click on the article to copy, then paste in the post. Sometimes it comes up in blue, others not. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong welcome.