Options

The King Of Queens

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
Forum Member
✭✭
Possibly one of the funniest US sitcoms ever - and Channel 4 seem to hate it! Has anyone else seen this gem starring Kevin James & Leah Remini?

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly one of the funniest US sitcoms ever - and Channel 4 seem to hate it! Has anyone else seen this gem starring Kevin James & Leah Remini?

Yes, I watched the majority of the series on the net, and saw the final episodes on the internet too.

Very funny comedy show, sometimes it could be a bit dull but mostly, it kept me in stitches.

I miss it now it is gone.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    King of Queens is great, as is Everybody Loves Raymond and Becker, they are 3 of my favourite comedy shows and all are shown on Paramount Comedy 1, if anyone has cable and wasn't aware of that...

I got a bit lost watching the last series of King of Queens, I was expecting there to be a big final episode but I think I didn't realise when I watched the last one... I watched it the following week expecting another episode and it was just repeats instead(?) that was back in June...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's on Paramount a lot, it's a very funny show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TKoQ is hilarous! Much funnier than Raymond or Friends! My fav sitcoms are Frasier, Seinfeld & this show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy who plays Doug (Kevin James) is in a new movie coming out soon, with Adam Sandler, called something like I Pronounce You Chuck & Larry (something like that) about 2 NY firemen who decide to pretend to be gay to get married when their actually straight (yadda yadda), if anyones interested lol I saw the trailer for it in the cinema at the weekend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that, but I hate Adam Sandler!!! Has anyone seen the final episode of TKoQ? It's one of the few that I havent!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kassiknorr wrote: »
    Yes, I watched the majority of the series on the net, and saw the final episodes on the internet too.

Where did you watch it on the internet :confused: ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you watch it on the internet :confused: ?

I'll PM the link I used.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was also in Hitch with Will Smith...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, he was funny in that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the shows official message board, there's quite alot of activity on it, from what I saw last time I checked:- http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=6
    there are fans from around the world. I've noticed its particularly popular in Germany as they have released all series of the show there on DVD (I believe) but only season 1 is out on DVD in Britain... I presume the European/German versions have it dubbed in German or subtitled or something... but you can buy the German DVDs of the other series through Ebay etc. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a pimped out IPS van on my MySpace profile :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    i like this show,have to say that Arthur Spooner is the my favourite character in this,he comes out with the best one liners.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't really like the show. But it's hugely popular in Germany and Austria - they have it on at prime time.
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw that, but I hate Adam Sandler!!! Has anyone seen the final episode of TKoQ? It's one of the few that I havent!

I can't believe I found another person that DOESN'T like Adam Sandler. I thought that I was the only one on the planet with this sentiment. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »
    I can't believe I found another person that DOESN'T like Adam Sandler. I thought that I was the only one on the planet with this sentiment. :D

Yup, you're not alone! One day we will all unite!

Anyway, Season 2 of TKoQ is set to come out on UK DVD in a few weeks time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, you're not alone! One day we will all unite!

Yes! :p
    Anyway, Season 2 of TKoQ is set to come out on UK DVD in a few weeks time!

We're up to the 9th season (mid-September) over here.
  • Options
    spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »

Make it a trio. Shouty can be funny (see Jerry Stiller) but not in Sandler's case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this show! No idea how many i've seen 'cos as the OP said, Channel 4 seem to hate it!!

Maybe if Channel 4 and E4 stopped showing endless repeats of FRIENDS (which i also love by the way, but have the DVDs!) they could show KoQ from the beginning to the end in its timeslot(s)!!

Well we can dream can't we?! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I absolutely LOVE King of Queens!! Arthur Spooner cracks me up every time he speaks. I've only seen it on Paramount - is it on C4 sometimes too?
  • Options
    jwar1976jwar1976 Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    King of Queens is a great comedy, Ben Stillers dad cracks me up every damn time and Leanne is a babe, shame she's into that scienceology crap lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwar1976 wrote: »
    King of Queens is a great comedy, Ben Stillers dad cracks me up every damn time and Leanne is a babe, shame she's into that scienceology crap lol

I'm sure that Leah Remini doesn't find it shameful that she's a Scientologist. I certainly don't hold that against her. To each his own right? Btw, I agree with you, Jerry Stiller is hysterical. I loved him on Seinfeld as well. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natstally wrote: »
    I love this show! No idea how many i've seen 'cos as the OP said, Channel 4 seem to hate it!!

Maybe if Channel 4 and E4 stopped showing endless repeats of FRIENDS (which i also love by the way, but have the DVDs!) they could show KoQ from the beginning to the end in its timeslot(s)!!

Well we can dream can't we?! :rolleyes:

If only...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwar1976 wrote: »

I think she's hot too, but the Scientology really put me off, I didn't know she was in to it til the Panorama prog
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Make that 3 ... I can't stand him and don't find him remotely funny!