World of Tanks coming to Xbox One

SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just seen a news article that World of Tanks is finally coming to Xbox One this year.

More interesting is that 360 and One owners will be able to play against each other. :D

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I don't have an X1 so my opinion may be moot, but isn't it just a glorified mobile fermium game ? Or am I mixing it up with something else ?
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a free game which you can buy upgrades to speed through the ranks. But it's s good laugh and there's no need to actually buy anything jf you don't want to.

Had this a while on 360 but play on the One a lot more. One of my mates plays this a lot but he doesn't have a One so if there's cross generation gaming then it'll be good.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated it on the 360, mind you I don't like most freemium games.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are times it can be frustrating but at the end of the day it's a free game and a pretty good one at that!
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Interestingly, they are saying it will be cross platform - so 360 and One owners will be playing together.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Cross platform platoons won't work though as it utilises the XBL party system, which isn't cross platform compatible. Yet.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    True, but that's Microsofts fault not WOT's.

As hideously frustrating as WOT can be on occasion (and sometimes it really can be annoying), for a simple 15v15 battler it is pretty damn good for a "free" game, it has regularly added new tanks and maps, plus it has a very good forum where the admins are more than happy to help you out and investigate any problems you report.

I would also add that during Microsoft's recent outages, WOT has credited the players with premium accounts, their "lost" days. Which i think is pretty good considering it wasn't even their problem/fault.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Agree with all of that. Didn't mean to imply that WGA were at fault over x-platform platoons not being possible yet.

WoT is a great game. It's everything CoD once was and I wished was still. Simple, with loads of depth if you want it, and incredibly addictive.

In terms of community engagement, reaction to feedback, and continued development of the game, WGA are a model developer. Many, including Activision could learn a lot from them. They've also managed to find the micro transaction sweet-spot.