Newby to DOSBOX

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
Forum Member
That's it!
I've given up on MAME so I downloaded DOSBOX.
I can mount the c drive but getting games up and running is another matter. I've downloaded a couple, put them in the right folder but that's as far as I've got.
Any experienced Dosbox users on here able to help?

Comments

• gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Use DFend Reloaded, a gui for DOSBox

http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/

Makes running games easy as pie without having to mess around typing out commands
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Use DFend Reloaded, a gui for DOSBox

http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/

Makes running games easy as pie without having to mess around typing out commands

THANKS A BLOODY LOT!!! NICE ONE GOLDY!! GO AND BUY YOURSELF A PINT OF YOUR FAVOURITE LAGER AS IT WORKS!!!
    Hopefully I might be able to help you if you need it.
    emulators?
    Roms?
    Where to get them.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    THANKS A BLOODY LOT!!! NICE ONE GOLDY!! GO AND BUY YOURSELF A PINT OF YOUR FAVOURITE LAGER AS IT WORKS!!!
    Hopefully I might be able to help you if you need it.
    emulators?
    Roms?
    Where to get them.
    I am well stocked my friend but will message if need be
    Forum Member
    gold2040 wrote: »
    I am well stocked my friend but will message if need be

So am I. I've got a shedload of old games on my phone, including a Gameboy emulator called My Old Boy. But I'ts a but hit and miss finding old DOS games to work and the F keys on my lappy, especially F10/F11 don't help as they control the sound//internet connection!. So far I've got
    LEMMINGS
    DOOM
    HEXEN
    EXHUMED
    DUKE NUKEM
    to work

Blame the Adroid/PC gaming scene as A lot of Android games seem to have in game purchases and constant advert pop ups and the PC gamin scene's being dominating by STEAM/Internet activation and account required.
    Forum Member
    motsy wrote: »
    So am I. I've got a shedload of old games on my phone, including a Gameboy emulator called My Old Boy. But I'ts a but hit and miss finding old DOS games to work and the F keys on my lappy, especially F10/F11 don't help as they control the sound//internet connection!. So far I've got
    LEMMINGS
    DOOM
    HEXEN
    EXHUMED
    DUKE NUKEM
    to work

Blame the Adroid/PC gaming scene as A lot of Android games seem to have in game purchases and constant advert pop ups and the PC gamin scene's being dominating by STEAM/Internet activation and account required.

It has it's problems like:-
    getting games to work being hit and miss (I was a bit pissed off when BLOOD wouldn't work)
    getting some of the games to play in full screen
    knowing what the controls are.

Otherwise it's great experience the DOS era