Options

HDR-1000s Volume Control

pizzajohnpizzajohn Posts: 71
Forum Member
My HDR-1000s is connected to my Denon AVR2807 via HDMI but I cannot adjust the volume with the Humax's remote control however, I can mute the sound!

Should I be able to use the Humax remote to adjust the sound?

John

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't normally adjust the volume of HD channels because the audio system used is Dolby Digital, this is passed over hdmi as is and it's down to the TV/Amplifier to decode it to stereo or 5.1,. In this case the Amp/TV will only be able to control the volume after decoding. SD channels are different the audio is mpeg1 layer 2 (MP2). The box has a internal decoder for this and converts it to LPCM (Linear Pulse Code Modulation). In this case the box volume control should affect the volume as you expect.
  • Options
    pizzajohnpizzajohn Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, it's only the volume on the HD channels that I cannot alter.

I use a Nevo SL Universal Remote control and, all the time that I had the Foxsat HDR I used only this. It was frustrating, when switching to my Panasonic Blue-Ray player to have to increase the volume and, when stepping back to the Humax box, reduce the volume again.

With the 1000s I thought that I might be able set the Humax volume lower to match the Panasonic so there wasn't this difference.

Never mind, I'll just live with it as I hd for the last four years!

John