I can't stand Tyrone!

2»

Comments

• NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its Fizz who I feel for, shes stood by Tyrone through thick and thin but Tyrone only thinks off himself

She is just as much a moron. She deleted the abused photos of Tyrone for some unknown reason (stating she couldn't bare looking at them, even though she didn't need to). She has been just as much an idiot prior the incident especially with John Stape. I wouldn't take the advice of someone who stole from a dead old woman and assisted her psycho husband dump a man's body in a canal.

They should not of started this stupid affair in the first place. I do feel sympathy for Tyrone but why drag an affair into it.

And she owes him, he kidnapped a drug dealer for her and risked his life because she was messing around with people inside prison.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    If only he had reported her none of this would have happened.

The bit that bugged me was when he went and saw kirsty she basically confessed she had done wrong. I thought ty was secretly filming her and they were going to edit it to just her voice and report it to the police. Obv they couldnt have tyrones voice on it as hes not meant to be near her.

But no he turned up empty handed expecting her to just change her mind and let him see ruby!

Was interesting that she offered for him to come home and said she would be able to convince everyone hes innocent. Maybe she wouldnt have been so heartless banning him from seeing ruby if he wasnt seeing fizz. It seems clear that kirsty hates him being with fizz so if he really wants his baby he should ditch fizz and concentrate on ruby.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »

The bit that bugged me was when he went and saw kirsty she basically confessed she had done wrong. I thought ty was secretly filming her and they were going to edit it to just her voice and report it to the police. Obv they couldnt have tyrones voice on it as hes not meant to be near her.

But no he turned up empty handed expecting her to just change her mind and let him see ruby!

Was interesting that she offered for him to come home and said she would be able to convince everyone hes innocent. Maybe she wouldnt have been so heartless banning him from seeing ruby if he wasnt seeing fizz. It seems clear that kirsty hates him being with fizz so if he really wants his baby he should ditch fizz and concentrate on ruby.
    Indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k9fan
    Absolutely.
    And if Tirrone hadn't been such a sandwich short of a picnic he would have made sure that Kirsty had proper medical help, and the writers would have NOT gone down this silly spiralling downward storyline, if you can call it that, of him and Fizzy.

Natalie's acting is so good that I felt sorry for Kirsty this evening.
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    As someone who has been in a abusive relationship I am kinda interested to know just how you make sure your abuser gets proper medical help? without getting battered for even trying to get them help?

Hypothetically speaking, with it being in soapy land, if I had been writing the storyline: Kirsty would have been open sooner about her abusive childhood and, loving her as he did, Tirrone would have found the mental strength to visit her parents and would have visited the GP to tell him what had happened, and arrangements would have been made for therapy and counselling within the family home.
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    It's quite a bad result for Corrie when a lot of people aren't sympathising with Tyrone :o

Throwing in the affair with Fiz is what's killed the whole thing. There really wasn't any need for it. Now the entire SL just seems to be going off into bizarro world when it could've been really compelling.
    Couldn't agree more. Totally ruined the whole storyline and so unnecessary. Fed up with it now.
  • silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has been in a abusive relationship I am kinda interested to know just how you make sure your abuser gets proper medical help? without getting battered for even trying to get them help?

I am sorry you understand what it's like. I also married a violent partner, mainly i think, because I grew up watching my mother batter my dad. These people who think it's a simple case of 'standing up to them' or 'making sure they get help' simply do not understand how abusers work. They are clever, controlling, manipulating people who do not believe they are at fault. They justify their violence every time by turning it round and blaming the victim. Just as Kirsty has done to the extreme. Tyrone tried to get her help, she did not turn up for her appointments. There is only so much you can do, for the most part your energy is concentrate don just trying to get through each day.
    I agree the story has been ruined by the addition of the affair and they way it has been written. Kirst changed from a woman who wanted to know every move Tyrone made, to someone who suddenly was happy for him to 'visit Connie' or 'have a pint with Kev' and suddenly character development went out of the window which was a shame.
    But far from Tyrone simply being able to 'get Kirsty help' my dad didn't even tell anyone outside what was happening. When I was nine I did once tell a neighbour that my mother had thrown the kettle at my dad, and the neighbour laughed. That's normally the way violence against men is perceived. Something very funny. A weak defenceless woman being able to beat up a much bigger, stronger man.
    I still have the utmost empathy with Tyrone's situation, but the story has been turned into something farcical now and it's a wasted opportunity for a soap to have really looked at the subject of domestic violence against men
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Tyrone but this SL has spoilt it for me. I can't stand Fiz which doesn't help either. I agree they have absolutely no chemistry and the relationship spoilt the whole thing, it was brilliant watching him struggle with his feeling while he still loved Kirsty and her behaviour towards him, but the moment Fiz got involved I lost interest.

Any man that loved his child as much as he says he does would forget about Fiz and concentrate on getting the truth known and his child back.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »

You honestly think as a child starts noticing things more and more it would be good for her to hear all the shouting? the things being thrown? her dad being hurt?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k9fan
    Absolutely.
    And if Tirrone hadn't been such a sandwich short of a picnic he would have made sure that Kirsty had proper medical help, and the writers would have NOT gone down this silly spiralling downward storyline, if you can call it that, of him and Fizzy.

Natalie's acting is so good that I felt sorry for Kirsty this evening.

Hypothetically speaking, with it being in soapy land, if I had been writing the storyline: Kirsty would have been open sooner about her abusive childhood and, loving her as he did, Tirrone would have found the mental strength to visit her parents and would have visited the GP to tell him what had happened, and arrangements would have been made for therapy and counselling within the family home.

Tyrone did try and get her help. She told him she was going to see the Dr and didnt. One thing to remember is as in Tyrones case the abuser can appear to be totally normal and that they wouldnt hurt a fly until they get back to a house where the partner is,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sorry you understand what it's like. I also married a violent partner, mainly i think, because I grew up watching my mother batter my dad. These people who think it's a simple case of 'standing up to them' or 'making sure they get help' simply do not understand how abusers work. They are clever, controlling, manipulating people who do not believe they are at fault. They justify their violence every time by turning it round and blaming the victim. Just as Kirsty has done to the extreme. Tyrone tried to get her help, she did not turn up for her appointments. There is only so much you can do, for the most part your energy is concentrate don just trying to get through each day.
    I agree the story has been ruined by the addition of the affair and they way it has been written. Kirst changed from a woman who wanted to know every move Tyrone made, to someone who suddenly was happy for him to 'visit Connie' or 'have a pint with Kev' and suddenly character development went out of the window which was a shame.
    But far from Tyrone simply being able to 'get Kirsty help' my dad didn't even tell anyone outside what was happening. When I was nine I did once tell a neighbour that my mother had thrown the kettle at my dad, and the neighbour laughed. That's normally the way violence against men is perceived. Something very funny. A weak defenceless woman being able to beat up a much bigger, stronger man.
    I still have the utmost empathy with Tyrone's situation, but the story has been turned into something farcical now and it's a wasted opportunity for a soap to have really looked at the subject of domestic violence against men

Excellent post. I hope your away from your husband now though ;(
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    You honestly think as a child starts noticing things more and more it would be good for her to hear all the shouting? the things being thrown? her dad being hurt?

I dont think he should move back. What i meant was he said earlier he was willing to do or say anything to see ruby. Kirsty made it really clear that she hates fizz. In her mind shes willing to let tyrone move back in and forgive him for cheating.

Now obviously the abuse would continue if he moved back. The thing winding kirsty up is fizz. I think if tyrone dumped fizz and lived alone kirsty would be more receptive to letting him see ruby.

So far since hes been with fizz shes been arguing with kirsty and shes always around. When tyrone went to the place to see ruby fizz was there. If he had weekend visits fizz would be there. Kirsty wants ruby to have nothing to do with fizz, i dont think its just to spite tyrone she just hates fizz.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he annoys me with the fact he is letting her live in HIS house, and that he's already to snatch roobeh after 1 missed contact session, its ridiculous now, and I still don't think he is the father.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-01-15/coronation-street-spoilers-natalie-gumede--if-kirsty-cant-have-tyrone-then-nobody-can
    “I think something has really died inside of Kirsty,” the actress said at a screening in London of next Monday’s two wedding day episodes. “Tyrone was the love of her life and that’s the one piece of happiness she thought she had. And I think throughout their relationship, despite all of her mistakes, he has at least appeared to forgive her. So I think she thought she had a new start and her world has fallen apart.”

Gumede was referencing a scene in which Kirsty, who has for months subjected Tyrone to physical abuse, finds out that her partner has been having a secret affair with Fiz (Jennie McAlpine). It’s a discovery that leads to Kirsty turning the tables in dramatic fashion:

“She had a very unhappy childhood and a lot of unhappy relationships,” Gumede continued. “And just when she thought everything was going to go right, it all goes wrong. She’s so in love with Tyrone and she hates him for what he’s done. If she can’t have him then nobody can. It’s that thing of trying to still get their attention. While she’s doing this to him, she still has a hold over him. She’s not willing just to walk away and let him be happy. No way.”
  • ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do feel sorry for Tyrone but I'm not really enjoying watching him ATM.

I do like him & Fizz together but I preferred them as friends and I didn't believe that these two characters were suddenly unable to resist each other just before Tyrone & Kirsty's wedding day :rolleyes:
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent post. I hope your away from your husband now though ;(

Wife I think