Options

The Wanted think they're like The Beatles

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    BIB:

Back on topic, he never said that they were like The Beatles, he basically said there is a boyband fad/craze/situation going on the US right now and it's coming from two UK boybands, Nathan was recently asked if they could be compared to The Beatles and he said no and it would be crazy of them to think so, I don't think any of them believe they are The Beatles or have had the success of The Beatles

I stand corrected on the day time show issue, but my main point was they are not, in fact, tearing it up in America like whatshisname said. And I haven't heard them once on the radio - and mine is on during the 5hr drive I make 3 days a week. So maybe I'm not listening at the right times? Maybe it's a specific hour they are playing that I'm constantly missing.

Regardless of all that, you'll notice I didn't originally comment on The Beatles portion of the comment bc I have no problem with what they said in regard to that. It's always the journo's who ask stupid questions about comparisons like that, and even I understand that they mean Beatlemania in regard to the crazy girl fans portion of their popularity, not song-content wise. Hence, me not mentioning it.

Still, I think "tearing it up in America" is the level that 1D, Taylor Swift, Bieber have achieved. Maybe a bit less. And they aren't even at that level; and so stands my original comment calling that statement laughable.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    icicletusk wrote: »
    I stand corrected on the day time show issue, but my main point was they are not, in fact, tearing it up in America like whatshisname said. And I haven't heard them once on the radio - and mine is on during the 5hr drive I make 3 days a week. So maybe I'm not listening at the right times? Maybe it's a specific hour they are playing that I'm constantly missing.

Regardless of all that, you'll notice I didn't originally comment on The Beatles portion of the comment bc I have no problem with what they said in regard to that. It's always the journo's who ask stupid questions about comparisons like that, and even I understand that they mean Beatlemania in regard to the crazy girl fans portion of their popularity, not song-content wise. Hence, me not mentioning it.

Still, I think "tearing it up in America" is the level that 1D, Taylor Swift, Bieber have achieved. Maybe a bit less. And they aren't even at that level; and so stands my original comment calling that statement laughable.

When I said "Back on topic", that's where I stopped referring to your post about the daytime shows and radio and went onto the topic about the Beatles comment :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    When I said "Back on topic", that's where I stopped referring to your post about the daytime shows and radio and went onto the topic about the Beatles comment :)

Oh good, okay :)
  • Options
    ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only Boy Band that come close to being the modern Beatles were Take That, especially their Circus album. That kinda went away when Robbie Williams decided he wanted a slice and everything turned horribly electronic.