Mistresses -TLC

anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I've just seen this show is starting tonight on TLC at 9 starring Alyssa Milano. Is it based on the BBC series?

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is. It's been in development for a few years, as Holly marie combs did a pilot for the show a little whie after she finished Charmed.

I am gonna wait to see if a second season is gonna happen before i give it a go.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is. It's been in development for a few years, as Holly marie combs did a pilot for the show a little whie after she finished Charmed.

I am gonna wait to see if a second season is gonna happen before i give it a go.

I'm in 2 minds whether to watch it or not as well because, like you, I am sick of watching new American shows only to find out they've been cancelled. But the trailers looks good for this show and there's nothing else on tonight, so I might just watch the 1st episode and see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I'm watching it at US pace and I'm really enjoying it, I'd recommend giving it a go.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might have a look . See what alll the fuss is about
  • burnoutbabeburnoutbabe Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I've recorded. Really don't care if its a 12 episode season and thats it - the first uk one was just 4 or 6 episodes, wasn't expecting another season.

So a bit of glossy trash as a mini series suits me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it was pretty much what I expected. The TV equivalent of a chick flick or a Jackie Collins novel. Lot's of angst, melodrama, stripping off and naked flesh. And the women weren't bad either.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    exited to watch this recorded it.

i miss the bbc one thought :(.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Not sure if I'll stick with this.
    The UK version was dark, adult and serious, whereas the US version is (in my opinion) fluffy soap opera style.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if I'll stick with this.
    The UK version was dark, adult and serious, whereas the US version is (in my opinion) fluffy soap opera style.

Yes very different shows. This version is too soapy so far. It's nonsense but watchable nonsense. Just about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find the music annoying. Probably makes no sense but it makes it seem light hearted and fluffy but the BBC one was defo more darker in tone.

The US one is just that - watchable nonsense :)
  • burnoutbabeburnoutbabe Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying it after 2 eps. As its following the UK one, i imagine savy with be pregnant by her lawyer colleague, but in this case no way can she keep quiet due to the fact the baby may be black when born.

Hope it doesn't follow the UK plots toooo much, but seems to be so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying this show will be watching again