Bargain Blu-Rays thread (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
This thread is a continuation of: Bargain Blu-Rays thread
revans9 wrote: »
for the sake of everyone's sanity, can we keep this thread on blu-ray bargains only. the whole supermarket / are-blurays-selling arguments just go round in circles and are a waste of time.

and to that end, here's a few bargains that i've found recently
sony sell blurays directly on ebay for £4.95 each, good though small selection including terminator salvation, life of brian
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Blu-ray-/156710/i.html?_catref=1&_ssn=sonystoreoutlet_uk&_trksid=p3911.c0.m1538

play.com are doing a £5 blu ray promotion at the moment. some familiar stuff but also some good titles like 3.10 to yuma and if you're stuck for a valentine's day gift, the notebook!

Please keep this thread on-topic. The purpose of this thread is for sharing Blu-Ray bargains - let's keep it this way and not spoil another thread with unconstructive arguing.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Just got Apollo 18 and Columbiana for £8.99 each from Play.com.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got Jurassic Park trilogy box set for £16.99 on Play.com - offer only lasts til midnight!

Very pleased as I've been waiting for the price to come down :)
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twilight Zone season 1 £15.49 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twilight-Zone-Season-One-Blu-ray/dp/B004P9W9GU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329266266&sr=8-2

Was 20 quid more the day before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amazon are doing two for £10 on warner brothers blurays at the moment. a similar offer is at play, thehut & zavvi but amazon have the widest range of titles on offer
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_link_162832907_3?ie=UTF8&node=1610955031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=1VQA48A6MXK915HJJTBH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=282328907&pf_rd_i=283926
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not an offer as such, but i have just got Karate Kid BD for £0.95 and The X Files Movie BD for £1.26

when you narrow your search on amazon and put in the amount your willing to pay then it will narrow your selection down.
    i put in from 0.01 - 2.50 and then selected blu ray and there was 105 of them and some are new also..

the two i just bought are new and with postage it has cost me £5 for 2 BDs
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stargate Atlantis series 1-5 (100 episodes, 20 Blu-Ray disc set) on Play for £55.

I watched some of these when they appeared on one of the Freeview channels and rather enjoyed them, so I decided to treat myself!

[I suppose these aren't really movies. Oh well.]
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    King Wrong wrote: »
    Just got Apollo 18 and Columbiana for £8.99 each from Play.com.

See Apollo 18. Not worth it poor movie and not the best HD quality movie. SD would have been fine for this movie.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went into a shop called "Bee.com" in Birkenhead today (I don't know if it's a nationwide store).
    I got a copy of "Rambo" on BluRay for £3.99
  • Peachy KeenPeachy Keen Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sainsburys are selling the triple blu-ray of 'Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes' for £10! This is a in store offer, l don't know about online?
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nothing particular, but I have bought stacks of cheap blu-rays.

£5 each from a guy on my local market.
    £4 for £10, at blockbusters, now a bit dearer.

I have never seen a scratch on a blu-ray. You can buy s/h without a worry.
  • Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Fugitive £2.99 in thats Entertainment, now that is a bargain:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went into a shop called "Bee.com" in Birkenhead today (I don't know if it's a nationwide store).
    I got a copy of "Rambo" on BluRay for £3.99
    The website (bee.com) seems to do quite a few good deals on blu-rays too, shame that most of them are out of stock though. :(

Recently taken to trying to buy cheap blu-rays on eBay. Got Red Mist for £3.00 inc p&p, and Beowulf for £2.99 inc p&p. Unfortunately quite a lot of luck is involved getting cheapies from eBay!
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon messed up their pricing recently and I ordered Braveheart for £2.79 on Blu-ray. It didn't turn up, and then they recognised their error, but because of the delay in doing so they sent it to me anyway for that price. Nice.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Twilight Breaking Dawn pt1 £12.99 instore Sainsbury's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Twilight Breaking Dawn pt1 £12.99 instore Sainsbury's.

12.99 on line as well. cheapest we could find.
  • porkpieporkpie Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody seems to have mentioned that the Disney BOGOF deal is on again.
    Zavvi seem cheapest at £15.99 which is £1 cheaper than Amazon or Play.
    They've also been sending out 10% off vouchers so it means I got The Lion King and POTC 4 for just £7.17 each .

No 3D films included nor Lady and the Tramp.

And don't forget that from April 1st the Channel Islands are no longer VAT exempt so either margins drop or prices increase.
    Expect Indigostarfish to close or move to Switzerland as one or two retailers seem to be doing in order to beat the changes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    porkpie wrote: »
    Nobody seems to have mentioned that the Disney BOGOF deal is on again.
    Zavvi seem cheapest at £15.99 which is £1 cheaper than Amazon or Play.
    They've also been sending out 10% off vouchers so it means I got The Lion King and POTC 4 for just £7.17 each .

No 3D films included nor Lady and the Tramp.

And don't forget that from April 1st the Channel Islands are no longer VAT exempt so either margins drop or prices increase.
    Expect Indigostarfish to close or move to Switzerland as one or two retailers seem to be doing in order to beat the changes

I didnt realise VAT was coming in. Just 2 weeks of bargains then
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt realise VAT was coming in. Just 2 weeks of bargains then

Might save the high street so I'm all for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might save the high street so I'm all for it.

How? apart from supermarkets where can you buy blu rays, HMV thats about it.

The CI companies being hit with the tax whammy is bad news for everyone as we will all pay more, the one and only winners in all this are places like lovefilm.

Its gonna be interesting to seee just what CI retailers are gonna do. my guess is they will absorb some of the inrease and pass the rest on to the customer, hoping they dont notice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if CI stuff becomes vatable, does it change the position re other customs duties.

I never go over £18 at the moment, just in case - but does it mean that in future, you can import at whatever value you want, without worrying about other import charges?
  • metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure it's been mentioned before, the Alien Anthology (all 4 films, 2 versions of each) is £14.99 at Amazon. Just bought it to refresh my memory before Prometheus.

EDIT: Just read the old thread, and it's the first post! Doh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if CI stuff becomes vatable, does it change the position re other customs duties.

I never go over £18 at the moment, just in case - but does it mean that in future, you can import at whatever value you want, without worrying about other import charges?

You can go over 18 quid from CI retailers, not sure how it works but think they pay charges if an item you order goes over 18 quid so there is no need to limit your order to 18 quid.

It wont change the fact when ordering stuff from the states and that, think the 18 quid has been reduced or is going to be reduced to around 15 quid or so. its all luck, ordered stuff from the states just over customs charge and had to pay, another time ordered about 100 quid and never paid charges, it all depends if its caught going through customs as they dont check all packages.
  • NoiseboyNoiseboy Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    metanoia wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been mentioned before, the Alien Anthology (all 4 films, 2 versions of each) is £14.99 at Amazon. Just bought it to refresh my memory before Prometheus.

EDIT: Just read the old thread, and it's the first post! Doh!

Make sure you get the right one - greenish cover - I think there's a newer one that is 4 discs not 6. The older one is a classic - and surely there's no better Blu Ray bargain out there.