Options

Software update FAQ

Comments

• Options
    TomM44TomM44 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Dips wrote: »
    Has there been an update to remove the left directional button from taking you back to your last viewed channel? It doesn't seem to work for me anymore.
    Still working for me last week during the Euros. You have to wait for the channel banner to go.
  • Options
    Jedi_KnightJedi_Knight Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is the next update for the Sky+HD box?
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is the next update for the Sky+HD box?

are they going to bother with more updates now they have launched a brand new box?
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Yes, Sky have stated that the Sky+HD platform has not been declared obsolete, and software developments for it will continue, but for how long is anyone's guess.
    I personally doubt that there will be any new generation of hardware for it now though.
    :)
  • Options
    Jedi_KnightJedi_Knight Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    are they going to bother with more updates now they have launched a brand new box?

According to what I've read, the homepage and the EPG are changing on the Sky+HD box in October.
  • Options
    simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Yes, Sky have stated that the Sky+HD platform has not been declared obsolete, and software developments for it will continue, but for how long is anyone's guess.
    I personally doubt that there will be any new generation of hardware for it now though.

They announced they were aiming for a common software and hardware platform for Sky+HD across it's business areas by the end of 2017 so I can't see Sky+HD disappearing any time soon.

At the moment Sky Q doesn't suit every customer's situation and probably never will so I can't see it replacing Sky+HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I completely agree, in some circumstances SkyQ is a better alternative to multiscreen, but not in all circumstances, such as if you want to have a lot of storage and independent planners, which only two or more 2TB Sky+HD boxes will give you..
    As it stands, the only way to get a UHD capable system, which would be the only reason to get it for me personally, would mean having a SkyQ Silver system which would include as standard at least one mini box which I don't want or need.
    Until they change that, SkyQ will also be something that I neither want nor need, as at the moment I'm not prepared to pay for something that's of no use to me just to get UHD from Sky.
  • Options
    ANDYW_9ANDYW_9 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    An Upcoming SKY Q hardware update starts rolling out from Friday 8 July.
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    ANDYW_9 wrote: »
    An Upcoming SKY Q hardware update starts rolling out from Friday 8 July.

What do you mean?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I assume he means a software update for the hardware, not a hardware update!
    :D
  • Options
    KOP1975KOP1975 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    uhd update?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ultra HD support will be included in the Q002 software along with a few other features, as well as bug fixes for the main issues people have been experiencing with SKYQ. I Don't think Favourites feature is arriving on this next rolling update which will take place by end of next week 21 November 2016.:(
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    I completely agree, in some circumstances SkyQ is a better alternative to multiscreen, but not in all circumstances, such as if you want to have a lot of storage and independent planners, which only two or more 2TB Sky+HD boxes will give you..
    As it stands, the only way to get a UHD capable system, which would be the only reason to get it for me personally, would mean having a SkyQ Silver system which would include as standard at least one mini box which I don't want or need.
    Until they change that, SkyQ will also be something that I neither want nor need, as at the moment I'm not prepared to pay for something that's of no use to me just to get UHD from Sky.

I'm sticking with Sky+ boxes as my home has two of them filled with their own separate recordings. Once I make copies of everything I've recorded then I'll look again at SkyQ. I could be awhile!

I've seen SkyQ at a friend's place and it is very impressive. It's the future but the future is still delayed for a bit in my home.
  • Options
    hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ultra HD support will be included in the Q002 software along with a few other features, as well as bug fixes for the main issues people have been experiencing with SKYQ. I Don't think Favourites feature is arriving on this next rolling update which will take place by end of next week 21 November 2016.:(

Hi

Source of information? Next week isnt 21st November 2016, thats months away :-s

Thanks

Baz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ultra HD support will be included in the Q002 software along with a few other features, as well as bug fixes for the main issues people have been experiencing with SKYQ. I Don't think Favourites feature is arriving on this next rolling update which will take place by end of next week Thursday 21 July 2016
  • Options
    lilHermitlilHermit Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I Don't think Favourites feature is arriving on this next rolling update which will take place by end of next week Thursday 21 July 2016

I too was told of an update by the 21 July when I spoke to technical support over the weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm very disappointed with SKYQ , Many features could be used but still having to wait .
  • Options
    braychurchmousebraychurchmouse Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I'm sticking with Sky+ boxes as my home has two of them filled with their own separate recordings. Once I make copies of everything I've recorded .......

I know its off-topic, but could someone point me to an explanation of how to do this (other than the obvious via scart lead in SD.)
  • Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,949
    Forum Member
    New software has appeared on one of my Sky+ HD boxes overnight.

R014.083.61.00P

New look front page and graphics and some other changes as well to layout etc

More info here:-

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2016/sky_unveils_all_new_design_for_sky_plus_homepage_with_top_picks
  • Options
    mikey1947mikey1947 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Automatic update only at present.
  • Options
    spearce8spearce8 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    ^

Woke to find the new update, not interested in 'Today's Top picks', nor do I like it taking up half the screen, how do you get rid of that, or at the very least, re-size it, currently it's advertising 'James Corden' in something or other, I don't want that tanletless gimp taking up half the lower screen without asking.

The little 'view bar' on recorded stuff is ok I guess, the 'continue' tab is a waste of time, I'll never use that, would prefer the A-Z tab back.

Also for whatever reason the update has deleted near everything from my 'Deleted' tab, I know I deleted them, but still, that's not the point.
  • Options
    LozengeLozenge Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    spearce8 wrote: »
    ^

The little 'view bar' on recorded stuff is ok I guess, the 'continue' tab is a waste of time, I'll never use that, would prefer the A-Z tab back.

The A-Z option is still available, just not as a tab. Go into the planner and with the yellow highlight on the 'All' tab (the tab not a recording in this category) press the green button, this will give you all your recordings in alphabetical order. The instruction bar at the bottom of the screen shows this option is availble, but i guess it could be missed if you arrow down straight away to a recording.

This is how it shows for me in R13 software anyway.
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new "home page" is awful, don't like how small the main tiles are, for me the TV Guide tile is the most important and I've no interest whatsoever in "Top Picks" or even OnDemand. Hope this change is optional via settings/customise.
  • Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,949
    Forum Member
    Digi Man wrote: »
    The new "home page" is awful, don't like how small the main tiles are, for me the TV Guide tile is the most important and I've no interest whatsoever in "Top Picks" or even OnDemand. Hope this change is optional via settings/customise.

Sadly it's not. I don't like the Top Picks feature either and would like it to be optional or just another "tile".
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spearce8 wrote: »
    Also for whatever reason the update has deleted near everything from my 'Deleted' tab, I know I deleted them, but still, that's not the point.

Apparently stuff now only stays undeleted for 60 days (i believe), so i expect you'll find everything that has now gone was over 60 days old, check the date of the oldest item left in the deleted tab.