Liz Hurley slams 'disgusting paparazzi'

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She dressed her little boy in a bikini to promote her beachwear range :confused:

http://www.celebitchy.com/4399/liz_hurleys_son_wears_bikini/
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    She dressed her little boy in a bikini to promote her beachwear range :confused:

To be fair, what that site says is nonsense.
    Her beachwear website only has one pic of Damien here, and he's definitely not in a bikini.

http://www.elizabethhurley.com/index.cfm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly!

Whilst I abhor the thought of the paps taking pictures of a naked child, I also find that it is ironic that Elizabeth "never call me Liz" Hurley is moaning about them after she dressed her son in a pink bikini to promote her beachwear range.

It now exists on the web for all to Google throughout his school years and beyond. To take the mickey out of him. I'd find that more embarrassing then him being naked on a beach as a little kid.

This was also the woman who built her entire career on being papped in a nearly there dress and regularly sells pics of the family life to the press. She knows just how the paps work!

It doesn't make what the paps did right, but if you sell your soul to the glossies then I think you know you are gonna have to accept get the bad side as well. You don't get it both ways, unfortunately that's the nature of the beast.

She is also well known for calling those not in showbiz as "civilians".

I also find it hilarious that she makes out she is so posh, when really she comes from an ordinary middle class background.
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Helenaka wrote: »
    Exactly!

Whilst I abhor the thought of the paps taking pictures of a naked child, I also find that it is ironic that Elizabeth "never call me Liz" Hurley is moaning about them after she dressed her son in a pink bikini to promote her beachwear range.

It now exists on the web for all to Google throughout his school years and beyond. To take the mickey out of him. I'd find that more embarrassing then him being naked on a beach as a little kid.

This was also the woman who built her entire career on being papped in a nearly there dress and regularly sells pics of the family life to the press. She knows just how the paps work!

It doesn't make what the paps did right, but if you sell your soul to the glossies then I think you know you are gonna have to accept get the bad side as well. You don't get it both ways, unfortunately that's the nature of the beast.

She is also well known for calling those not in showbiz as "civilians".

I also find it hilarious that she makes out she is so posh, when really she comes from an ordinary middle class background.

She didn't dress him in a bikini - see my post ^.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, what that site says is nonsense.
    Her beachwear website only has one pic of Damien here, and he's definitely not in a bikini.

http://www.elizabethhurley.com/index.cfm

Just because it is not on her site now does not make what I said untrue!

I clearly remember this when it happened!

It was all over the press at the time.

http://backseatcuddler.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/hurley-girl.jpg
    Umm.... I couldn't believe this at first, but apparently it's true. Elizabeth Hurley made her son dress up in a pink bikini for her kids swim wear line and then published it online. It was later taken down because of "public outrage".

So what do y'all think about it? I personally think it's wrong to make your son dress up in girls clothing until he can at least decide for himself. You know in about 10 years this boy is going to be PISSED.

An insider fumed: "It's an outrage Liz made her son do this. He's not old enough to make that sort of decision.

"Imagine the teasing he could suffer at school. Why would any parent do this to their child?"

"Liz suggested Damian pose in the bikini. Other people were uncomfortable with it but she insisted."

Last night Elizabeth Hurley refused to comment on the picture.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mamapop.com/mamapop/images/2007/07/01/elizabethhurleyssoninbikini.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mamapop.com/mamapop/2007/07/liz-hurley-make.html&usg=__7pk8qos7LPVN2mE9e7qG6hQfPD8=&h=147&w=400&sz=32&hl=en&start=40&sig2=miAbXA-IEg10XYfTAjfC_A&tbnid=mv6JJU1nC-hUVM:&tbnh=46&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522liz%2Bhurley%2522%2Bpink%2Bbikini%2Bdamien%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26start%3D36&ei=BfPvSpSKI5D2-AaE9Jz0Bw

The irony of it all....:rolleyes:
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    I can't believe she let her seven year old son run about the beach naked in the first place. The paps shouldn't have taken the photos, but Ms Hurley shouldn't have put her son in that position.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    I can't believe she let her seven year old son run about the beach naked in the first place. The paps shouldn't have taken the photos, but Ms Hurley shouldn't have put her son in that position.

Maybe he was getting changed. Maybe it was a nude beach. It is none of our business.
    Forum Member
    davidlees wrote: »
    Maybe he was getting changed. Maybe it was a nude beach. It is none of our business.

She's made it our business by speaking about it in public. She could have made a private complaint about it.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but when my children get changed on a beach I hold a towell round them. :eek::D
  • mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ever since reading that Hurley said if her hips were as big as Marilyn Monroe's had been then she would want to kill herself - I have disliked her intensely. Before that I just disliked her normally. She is a no-talented bimbo that once wore an eye-catching dress whilst being photographed beside a popular actor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe he was just getting changed on the beach, as some kids do?? The paps shouldn't be taking pictures of a nude boy and then sticking them on the internet, knowing full well that paedophiles can get hold of them. It's pretty near the knuckle imo.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Can't bear LH and wanted to come and write something damning about her -but- she is abs right. Firstly, AFAIK there's a 'hands off' policy in the UK with regard to photographing / filming slebs kids unless permission is given, hence children's faces are blurred out sometimes or better yet NO children unless the photos are posed or permission is given (Krusty not allowing Andre to film with Harvey for his docu for example). Also there is a law that it's illegal to photograph any child in a public place unless it's your own child or permission of the parents (altho not in USA - hence why slebs are always screaming 'leave my kid out of it' etc). I only found that out from a profesh photographer (not a pap) when we were shooting a sunset in a public place overlooking a children's playground, making long abstract shadows, and he said we shouldn't really be doing this!

Anyway, Hurley is damn right and I can only assume wherever she was holidaying was out of the realms of legislation, putting them online is horrible, and again I can only assume no civilised mag / paper would print them!
    Forum Member
    Maybe he was just getting changed on the beach, as some kids do?? The paps shouldn't be taking pictures of a nude boy and then sticking them on the internet, knowing full well that paedophiles can get hold of them. It's pretty near the knuckle imo.

I agree that the paps shouldn't have done what they did. A law needs to be brought in banning them from taking photos of children, people dying etc. They should also be banned from lying on the ground and snapping up woman's skirts.

TBH, when my children are on a beach and need to get changed I always hold a towell round them as you never know who is about and watching. When my son was younger and we were at a paddling pool I saw a man taking photos of the children from the promanade above. Since then I have been even more cautious about what people can see of my children and what they can't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that the paps shouldn't have done what they did. A law needs to be brought in banning them from taking photos of children, people dying etc. They should also be banned from lying on the ground and snapping up woman's skirts.

TBH, when my children are on a beach and need to get changed I always hold a towell round them as you never know who is about and watching. When my son was younger and we were at a paddling pool I saw a man taking photos of the children from the promanade above. Since then I have been even more cautious about what people can see of my children and what they can't.

I'm totally with you on that.

I always remember my Mum holding a towel up around me as well when I was a child and getting changed on the beach. It was for my privacy then, I assumed, but still, paedophilia must've existed 25-30 years ago too.

I don't know what the circumstances were, why Liz's child was naked on a beach, but in future, she could now be more careful and protect him more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davidlees wrote: »

Exactly. I know most people are more paranoid these days but I've seen young children running around naked playing on the beach.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    let us all be clear here paps have taken nude photos of a 7 year old child and the posters here take it as an opportunity to slag of the mother.

I wonder how said posters would feel if someone photographed & showed their kids naked online for paedophiles to ogle, wonder if they would enjoy being slagged off as a bonus

some people:rolleyes:

I agree, whatever anyone thinks about her, it is totally out of order for the paps to take those pictures of an innocent child, and then to put them on the internet, knowing full well that there are perverts out there who will get "pleasure" from them!

Disgusting isn`t a strong enough word to describe them...