• decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    Whens the next big TNA event?

No Surrender on September 5th.
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    Yeah then TNA's "wrestlemaina" Bound For Glory takes place on the 10/10/10 which is a awesome date to pick for a PPV.

and I'm pleased we made part three. Wasn't expecting a new thread yet.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they're not off to this new promotion, so they can win another set of tag titles.

I don't think they need to at this stage in their careers - they've won all the tag titles that mean anything.

As someone said, I think they'd be buried if they went back to the WWE so at least staying where they are, they know they'll be still be near to the top of the card, tag-team wise.

And you know they'll get another run with the belts sooner or later.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Surrender on September 5th.

Broadcast 6 days later on Extreme
  • mattshentonmattshenton Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WWE and Team 3d would not have worked.. WWE don't want hardcore or tables been used every week..they've got an image to protect.

Team 3d are best suited to TNA for the future and will probably retire there too.

As for the new promotion.....way too early for any bigger names to jump
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WWE and Team 3d would not have worked.. WWE don't want hardcore or tables been used every week..they've got an image to protect.

And Vince dont want to pay extra money for the carpenters to work overtime
  • wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    Bubba Ray is hated by many backstage in WWE and rightly so. Bubba is old skool and certainly wasn't taught to work a certain way.
  • ollie_collie_c Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless I missed it, did anyone see a vignette involving a wrestler named Robbie G coming soon to TNA? I heard that it was on Impact but I didn't see it. :confused:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bubba Ray is hated by many backstage in WWE and rightly so. Bubba is old skool and certainly wasn't taught to work a certain way.

How long did you work in the WWE then ?
    Forum Member
    Around 5 years. I decided a career change was needed after a while. I don't like to stay in one place for too long :D
  • PimpurlPimpurl Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Do the wrestling fans here ever watch Sumo and can make any comparison (better/worse)?

Personally, I find Sumo 1,000,000% better than fake wrestling
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pimpurl wrote: »
    Do the wrestling fans here ever watch Sumo and can make any comparison (better/worse)?

Personally, I find Sumo 1,000,000% better than fake wrestling

But...but...that's just like comparing "fake" wrestling to UFC. They are not comparable.

"Pro" Wrestling is scripted entertainment - sumo is competitive sport.

I dunno why i've given you a proper answer because it seems like it's the usual random wind up post.
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    I don't know if this has aired over here (or if this was mentioned in the previous thread) but there's a teaser video for a couple of new arrivals in TNA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3yDjNI7DdQ
    For those of you who don't watch shit reality TV, it's based on MTV series Jersey Shore, about a group of loudmouthed Italian-American stereotypes, which airs opposite iMPACT.

It's for Rob Eckos and Becky Bayless.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably not the first to point this out, but Abyss got into no trouble at all, in keyfabe, for basically murdering the world champion, RVD.

Glad to see TNA is taking criticisms about making no sense on board!
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    I'm probably not the first to point this out, but Abyss got into no trouble at all, in keyfabe, for basically murdering the world champion, RVD.

Glad to see TNA is taking criticisms about making no sense on board!
    If every wrestler who attacked another wrestler was kayfabed suspended or fired etc then there would be no roster left. That applies to every wrestling company ever in existance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georged123 wrote: »
    If every wrestler who attacked another wrestler was kayfabed suspended or fired etc then there would be no roster left. That applies to every wrestling company ever in existance.

Half killing him with a 2 by 4 with nails through it though?

Funny story I heard, you know Jeff Jarrett was making a big noise about something big happening and putting vague photos up on twitter as clues... well apparently his daughter is in the new Taylor Swift music video. And that is what that was about.
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    "They" = Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers

You heard it here first...
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Half killing him with a 2 by 4 with nails through it though?
    Perhaps they should have made it realistic and had Abyss arrested and sentenced to 10 years in jail for attempted murder. Cue outrage at the fact TNA cant carry on with the "they" storyline because they tried to be realistic.

Im not having a go at you JCR but some things arent going to make sense because if everything did it would be boring.
    "They" = Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers

You heard it here first...
    The Jonas Brothers with their strong religious values ordering Abyss to attack people with Janice = biggest swerve ever.
    Forum Member
    Georged123 wrote: »
    Perhaps they should have made it realistic and had Abyss arrested and sentenced to 10 years in jail for attempted murder. Cue outrage at the fact TNA cant carry on with the "they" storyline because they tried to be realistic.

Im not having a go at you JCR but some things arent going to make sense because if everything did it would be boring.

The Jonas Brothers with their strong religious values ordering Abyss to attack people with Janice = biggest swerve ever.

RVD finally getting hit with Janice was realistic because Abyss had been carrying it for weeks. A man of Abyss' size and strength was never NOT gonna hit someone with it. Having him threaten people with it every week yet never actually doing anything about it is unrealistic because Abyss is a big guy and in the real world he would have no problem doing what he wanted to you. In the world of wrestling though sending people to prison for murder is ridiculous. The only realistic thing you can do is say RVD was cut up pretty badly.....which they did. Wrestling is about good vs evil and everyone knows RVD will get his revenge eventually.

You can make things realistic in wrestling, as long as it stays inside the world of pro wrestling and the world of pro wrestling is not like the real world we live in. If they wanna be realistic then surely those TNA security guards that get more than physical should be fired? Dixie Carter should have fired those that hit her husband on Impact, he should have pressed charges. Infact surely every wrestler on the roster should be black and blue every week because their getting punched in the face a lot aren't they? In the real world all you need is one hard punch to give someone a black eye well these guys are swinging left right and centre every week so we should be seeing them with black eyes and cut lips just to try and give off the impression that is a real fight taking place each week.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only complaint i have about the RVD thing is that before Impact, the announcer on Bravo said he's still in a bad way. Surely that's gonna make the more stupid people believe it wasn't kayfabe?

Maybe no-one wanted to be the one to tell him :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no impact next week apparently (would have been shown on Sept 11th in the UK).

Spike have given the timeslot to something else.
  • DarthGoreDarthGore Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no impact next week apparently (would have been shown on Sept 11th in the UK).

Spike have given the timeslot to something else.

got any evidence to support this?? considering TNA's website is still promoting their 3hrs on Thursday nights, and Spike's own website still shows it on their weekly planner
    Forum Member
    A source would be good JCR. Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A source would be good JCR. Thanks.

Meltzer: http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/17346/ or 31 minutes 35 seconds in here: http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/17352/
This discussion has been closed.