lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Options
    BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice she has something considering her music/acting career seems dead.
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Congrats to her!
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of her or her music, but good for her.
  • Options
    SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to her
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **** Me,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Dr Evil reads this...
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for her, I always thought she was lovely
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done to her! her hard work and her design/marketing teams hard work has paid off....I've had a look at her collection there are some nice pieces and some of the shoes are cute too...now, I hope Jessica gets an ironclad prenuptial agreement since her husband to be is nothing but a jobless freeloader...xx
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fancy nights is a rather naff name for a perfume.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her voive personally :D

Is it ever a good idea to take newspaper figures seriously though, I can't count how many 'celebs' have replied by saying I wish I did own that much, even J.K.Rowling :D Take it with a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    ^ You can't really ever take these figures too seriously. Forbes apparently have the most accurate, but even then...it's not like they actually know.

They don't seem to factor in anything other than what they supposedly 'should' have earned, i.e. they don't know how many people take a cut and how much their cuts are.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ You can't really ever take these figures too seriously. Forbes apparently have the most accurate, but even then...it's not like they actually know.

They don't seem to factor in anything other than what they supposedly 'should' have earned, i.e. they don't know how many people take a cut and how much their cuts are.

Exactly, like tours they assuse they earn all the takings from sales, how many people actually take a cut from that. Its ridiculous really how they work it out.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    The most important bit of the whole article is "Nine West founder Vince Camuto, who owns the Jessica Simpson Collection brand master licence". He gets the money from the sales not Jessica. She is paid a commission in th region of a million dollars. Still a nice little earner but not quite the billion the article refers to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has simply signed a licencing deal and put her name to the products. She has probably barely had any input in the design and like has been said she will earn a few million from the brand.