Options

Re watching Lost

2»

Comments

• Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adored Lost up until the final two seasons. It really got silly then. I don't think I could ever re-watch it.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    i got the boxset as a christmas present, i watched it every week when it originally aired, i convinced my girlfriend to give it a go, and we are now up to season 5, its a bit annoying, as im seeing things here and there that i cant mention to her as she is a first time viewer.:(

I skipped ahead earlier tonight and watched the last episode again by myself, on its own, not getting into all the questions about what the island is ect, the wpisode is amazing.

seeing all the characters remember each other and why they are there is truly emotional.

watching it for the first time last year it didnt have the same impact, no that you know the reality of the flash sideways, its amazing.

Now i'm gwtting worried as i know when they all start dying, then "re-awakening" i will be bawling away like a 5 year old girl, dont fancy that in front of the missus.:p
  • Options
    cassiopeacassiopea Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    i got the boxset as a christmas present, i watched it every week when it originally aired, i convinced my girlfriend to give it a go, and we are now up to season 5, its a bit annoying, as im seeing things here and there that i cant mention to her as she is a first time viewer.:(

I skipped ahead earlier tonight and watched the last episode again by myself, on its own, not getting into all the questions about what the island is ect, the wpisode is amazing.

seeing all the characters remember each other and why they are there is truly emotional.

watching it for the first time last year it didnt have the same impact, no that you know the reality of the flash sideways, its amazing.

Now i'm gwtting worried as i know when they all start dying, then "re-awakening" i will be bawling away like a 5 year old girl, dont fancy that in front of the missus.:p

Speaking from a female perspective, us women love a man who can cry! Maybe not at a TV programme although if she watching it too she'll understand.:D
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you, will never forgive them for that cop-out of an ending. I feel cheated of the 5 years of my life I devoted to that programme.
  • Options
    JonPaulWildJonPaulWild Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did you all want from the ending? Please don't say answers, as we had plenty of those. I'm happy knowing the smoke was created from the light in the pool.

Either on the series 6 blu ray or an article from Damon or Carlton mentions that the the structure in that cave with light was built after MIB was sent into it. So was there an actual pool of water in that cave area when he was put into the cave?

Also, as stated in the Across the Sea commentary Darlton do hint big time that Mother was a smoke monster too. Make sense given what happens in that episode.

However, many questions remain:
    1) What was the island or cave area like before the plug was constructed.

2) How could it of been constructed anyway if people turn to smoke?

3) Who built it?

4)What oh what were the mechanical sounds the monster made?

5) What was the deal in season 4 with MIB appearing to Michael on the boat "you can go now, Michael." Why did he need to appear to him just before he dies if all he wants was to get off the island.

Anyway, I don't agree that Lost got silly. Yes crazy things happened, but crazy stuff hapened in season 1 with people surving the plane crash with no wounds what so ever, monster in jungle, polar bear, Locke paralysis gone and other things too.
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I watched the s6 finale for the first time I thought it was the biggest t.v disappointment ever. In spite of myself I still bought the s6 box set (mainly to watch the Sayid and Richard centric episodes again). When it came to re-watching the finale I actually enjoyed it, when you throw all your expectations out the window it is quite a satisfying end.

The main problem I still have with the final episode is (and I don't know how to use spoiler tags so... SPOILER ---->) The death of the MIB. I was annoyed there was literally no smoke monster epicness in the episode and the completely unexplained 'mortalising' of him when Desmond removed the stone seemed like cheating on the writer's parts. But I'd still have been cool with all that if they had come up with something better than the old 'villain is about to kill good character and just as they are about to gets shot from behind' technique which is used all the time in shows like 24.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5) What was the deal in season 4 with MIB appearing to Michael on the boat "you can go now, Michael." Why did he need to appear to him just before he dies if all he wants was to get off the island.

I think this was just a snide remark from him towards someone who had presumably been one of Jacob's candidates. He couldn't kill them directly but he would likely have taken pleasure in their demises.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm rewatching 'Lost',now onto Season 2.I had forgot how much of a dick Jack could be at times in Season 1.
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    id rather wait a good two years then rewatch it

its too fresh in my mind right now
    That's exactly what I did. I just watched 'The End' last Friday. It was great being back on the island, tromping through the jungle. It's amazing how much I missed first time round, and like others I wasn't entirely happy with the whole FS/purgatory thing, but I loved how all the characters got closure at the end. I am not ashamed to say I cried this time round too. :D
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may re watch Lost later in the year.
    I just sold my single season DVDs 1-6 for £42 and got the complete box set on blu ray for 44.99 off amazon.
    So only paid £2 for it really. I know it did not have the best of endings, but i loved the show and still do.I try not to let the ending tarnish the show overall.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was very late to the Lost party, as in only watched it for the first time this year! I bawled like a baby at the end!

I was slightly confused with the flash sideways, but I did think it was like an Ashes to Ashes type thing. Then my friend said they were all dead, right from the beginning, but I thought that wasn't right due to the "Oceanic 6" thing.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    awesome series
    I loved it
    I think JJ Abrams is awesome
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then my friend said they were all dead, right from the beginning, but I thought that wasn't right due to the "Oceanic 6" thing.

Why do people keep saying this? The finale actually went as far as to vocally tell us that they weren't dead the whole time.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people keep saying this? The finale actually went as far as to vocally tell us that they weren't dead the whole time.

I completely disagreed with her! There is no way they were all dead from the start.

My first question about that was "if they were all dead to begin with then how come they died on island/off it/getting off etc"

Also if they were all dead then the last episode wouldn't make sense!
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Exactly. The finale makes no sense if they were dead from the beginning.

Although, I definitely believe that was the intention in season 1. The island was purgatory, but as the show became popular and stretched out for several seasons then they had to mix it up and change things.

But then when the ending came, they kept true to their original intention of having purgatory involved.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nearly finished Season 3 of 'Lost' & Sawyer has had some great lines.

To Hurley: "Is there some kind of forensics hatch i don't know about ?"

To Jack and Juliet: "Hope I'm not interrupting.You two arguing over who's your favorite other?"
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either on the series 6 blu ray or an article from Damon or Carlton mentions that the the structure in that cave with light was built after MIB was sent into it. So was there an actual pool of water in that cave area when he was put into the cave?

Also, as stated in the Across the Sea commentary Darlton do hint big time that Mother was a smoke monster too. Make sense given what happens in that episode.

However, many questions remain:
    1) What was the island or cave area like before the plug was constructed.

2) How could it of been constructed anyway if people turn to smoke?

3) Who built it?

4)What oh what were the mechanical sounds the monster made?

Anyway, I don't agree that Lost got silly. Yes crazy things happened, but crazy stuff hapened in season 1 with people surving the plane crash with no wounds what so ever, monster in jungle, polar bear, Locke paralysis gone and other things too.

people on imdb say all questions are answered in the show, , that is pish, apparently the smoke monster sounds like that because he does, eg why does, a dog make the sound a dog does, i want to know why couldn't mib leave when he was a kid before he was turned by his new family to thinking man was bad. he was just a boy wanting to go home, and if mother was a smoke monster why was she able to die from a stab wound. seemingly when christian was on the freighter and in the hospital that was his ghost and not mib.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mother wasn't a smoke monster, was she?

She wasn't their actual mother neither.
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some people believe she was a smoke monster but its more likely she knew of one, referred to her as mother because that was what the character was credited as.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I know that the character was referred to as "Mother".

I meant it sounded like you were suggesting he somehow 'inherited' being a smoke monster from Mother. When that wouldn't make sense.

Also, if Mother was a smoke monster she was killed way too easily by MIB. I don't think there is anything to suggest she was really.