The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Beenie2Beenie2 Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Thanks Elrond, so it's all fair and square. You do wonder sometimes and that's why I asked.

Hassan, I'm new to this TV show. I think i've seen 10-13 episodes max. Bradley is funny, that's one of the reasons I watch, so I've been looking at the YouTube clips this morning and found that (but you lot already knew about it :p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Elrond wrote: »
    As former contestant, (S4 P22) I have to say NO we didn't do dummy runs, or trying each other out on general knowledge. There was a lot of informally-done discussions about the actual mechanics of the show before we went to make up, after that we were put into individual dressing rooms, and then down to the studio. No runs throughs, or trial runs, a few do's and don't's, met Brad, and then straight into the show.

they didnt tell us - wouldn't tell us in fact - who our chaser was until he walked out for the first time.

Were all the Chasers there or only the chaser that was on your show?

If you remember, please could you say what some of the "Do" and "dont's" were? On a show a few weeks ago, a girl started to walk off after winning, saying that Bradley "Had nodded his head". Is that the cue for contestants to walk off (Bradley moving/nodding his head?)
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You share equally. in my game,in the Cash Builder Contestant 1 put £6K in, Contestant 2 ( me) put £12K in, Contestant 3 put £6K in and Contestant 4 went for the minus offer of -£2K, so we had £22K in the kitty.

I got a cheque for £5500 about a month after recording.

A month??? That's a bit long winded, isn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    There was a lot of informally-done discussions about the actual mechanics of the show before we went to make up, after that we were put into individual dressing rooms, and then down to the studio. No runs throughs, or trial runs, a few do's and don't's, met Brad, and then straight into the show.

they didnt tell us - wouldn't tell us in fact - who our chaser was until he walked out for the first time.

That was my experience too. Do you have any thoughts as to why contestants get separated just prior to recording. I was rather lonely waiting on my own!
    You share equally. in my game,in the Cash Builder Contestant 1 put £6K in, Contestant 2 ( me) put £12K in, Contestant 3 put £6K in and Contestant 4 went for the minus offer of -£2K, so we had £22K in the kitty.

I got a cheque for £5500 about a month after recording.
    Well done on your win – you took a good amount back for the team. Were your team a bit miffed that the last player took a minus offer?
  • king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the team without Lesley, if they didn't have her they'd still have won against him, I didn't feel that excited because of Lesley and I was rooting for Mark to catch her.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,213
    Forum Member
    Beenie2 wrote: »
    Thanks Elrond, so it's all fair and square. You do wonder sometimes and that's why I asked.

Hassan, I'm new to this TV show. I think i've seen 10-13 episodes max. Bradley is funny, that's one of the reasons I watch, so I've been looking at the YouTube clips this morning and found that (but you lot already knew about it :p)

This is as funny: :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2apbcMOibM
  • DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Two more questions for former contestants - Did you have an audition which tests your quiz knowledge? If yes, are prospective contestants rejected to for answering too many questions at audition correctly?:)
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I wasn't implying you were making the claim of 'rigging' which I don't believe has ever occurred in any episode of TC. Mark, on this occasion was simply not on form, but it seems to his apparent fans he cannot possibly get any questions wrong and lose a game genuinely,

I'm not a fan of Mark, or any chaser in particular, I enjoy watching them all, but I watch the show regularly and last night I felt that Mark was acting a bit dodgy, or out of character and I don't just mean he was getting questions wrong that he would or should know.
    It's a bit like when you watch the celebrity editions which IMO are blatantly fixed as the winnings go to charity.
    There's no way of proving that a chaser threw a game but I think they sometimes do.

However, I know game shows are subject to scrutiny to ensure fair play and I'm not suggesting for one second that the game overall is fixed. But as for a chaser deliberately getting a question wrong or passing on it, how could you prove wether he or she really did know the answer? Unless the question had come up before in an earlier show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    PWSJohn wrote: »
    Were all the Chasers there or only the chaser that was on your show?

If you remember, please could you say what some of the "Do" and "dont's" were? On a show a few weeks ago, a girl started to walk off after winning, saying that Bradley "Had nodded his head". Is that the cue for contestants to walk off (Bradley moving/nodding his head?)

We had Paul, and after the show we met and chatted with him, and Anne, so I guess those two had recorded their shows that day. Neither Mark nor Shaun were there.

We had all sorts of do's and don't's: when "supporting" the other contestants (applauding their success etc) we had to do it silently ( so we couldn't actually cheer or applaud!)

When turning from the table to ask the team "what shall I do?" we had to turn a certain direction so as not to turn our backs on the camera.

We had to try not to react to a wrong answer from the contestant before the Chaser had put their answer in, in case the Chaser saw us.
    Were your team a bit miffed that the last player took a minus offer?

A bit, but he did redeem himself in the final chase, and a win helped mollify us!
    A month??? That's a bit long winded, isn't it?

I've just checked back, and the recording was on 4 June and the cheque was dated 21 June, so about 3 weeks.

Do you have any thoughts as to why contestants get separated just prior to recording. I was rather lonely waiting on my own

Nope, never did find out; wasn't so much lonely as bored and wanting to get on with it! ( and the TV in the dressing room only showed ITV too............................)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    Two more questions for former contestants - Did you have an audition which tests your quiz knowledge? If yes, are prospective contestants rejected to for answering too many questions at audition correctly?:)

Yes there is an audition process, which does contain general knowledge tests. I actually had three auditions over two years before I got the final call.

I have no idea what criteria they use to select who appears, though
  • DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    My thoughts exactly - I couldn't agree with you more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good start for Steve.... £9k.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Brilliant :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm disappointed at Ann going for zero.
    It's a bit cowardly. I'd hope everyone would try to contribute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A nurse not knowing the shape of the gall bladder. :eek:
    No wonder our health service is in such a state.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another coward!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    -5k. Absolute coward. Sickening really.
  • Beenie2Beenie2 Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    these people who take minus sums just to get back and share in the pot that others have created have no shame.:cool:
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mortar ..? Why do these people bother ?
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just tuned in, You should drop the 1 from the thread title :):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've walked away from this game. Gutless players.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Get in. Glad she was caught. Goodbye Natalie!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodnight Natalie.
    No great loss to the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Steve go home with ALL of the money that he earned.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Steve go home with ALL of the money that he earned.

We will wait and see, Adverts now :(
This discussion has been closed.