Options

brooker and huq.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
anyone else lost confidence and respect for Charlie Brooker since finding out he married Konnie Huq?

Surely she represents everything he claims to detest about reality TV.

Comments

• Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    what must they talk about? she's vapid.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never liked Konnie Huq. She was always really irritating, even when she was on Blue Peter. Have you seen her on the Xtra Factor? She's appalling, a vegetable could do a better job. I don't think she'll be invited back for the next series;)

It's hard to know what he see's in her really as they seem totally mismatched. An odd couple if ever I saw one.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    from blue peter she's always seemed a right goody two shoes and quite square.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I don't know. When she's not in presenter mode, Konnie might be a lovely girl to be around.

If they are happy, then I wish them well. Seeing someone find the love of their life certainly doesn't make me lose respect for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    wiseguy100 wrote: »
    anyone else lost confidence and respect for Charlie Brooker since finding out he married Konnie Huq?

She actually did quite a funny segment for Screenwipe some years back. It may well have been how they first met.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju-tjcUKVzI
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

YUP!!

Off his pedestal for me....:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It came as a great surprise to me that he did not get in touch with all his fans before falling in love and marrying someone, how dare he make choices that do not fit in with what people he has never met before would like. He deserves to fall very hard from that pedestal he never asked to be put on.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    It came as a great surprise to me that he did not get in touch with all his fans before falling in love and marrying someone, how dare he make choices that do not fit in with what people he has never met before would like. He deserves to fall very hard from that pedestal he never asked to be put on.

:D A shocking and digraceful omission on his part. How very dare he? Who does he think he is?

I think she's lovely, and I love Charlie, and Charlie obviously loves her since he went and married her, so it's all lovely as far as I'm concerned. :)
  • Options
    CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yup I mean as if he is in any position to judge whether he and konnie are at all compatible by doing things like spending time with her and getting to know her, god knows that people who have watched her on X-Factor and Blue Peter are far better positioned to know all about her personality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member

So you'd not bother to get to know a person because they happen to present a TV show you don't like? Wow that's.....that's.....indeed.

In any case, I'm sure they knew each other before Konnie got the Xtra Factor job. You expect Brooker to dump her when she got the job?

Plus if you look at Brooker when he's interviewed outside of his TV/Guardian roles, you get the impression that his cynical TV critic persona is clearly a character he has invented. While part of it may really be him, i get the impression he's far from the X-Factor detesting psycho we see on Screenwipe and 'You Have Been Watching' :)
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who judges a writer they've never met, based on their romantic partner who they've never met, is a fool.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    A job's a job. I don't see how it matters how she earns her money.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr-Stabby wrote: »
    So you'd not bother to get to know a person because they happen to present a TV show you don't like? Wow that's.....that's.....indeed.

In any case, I'm sure they knew each other before Konnie got the Xtra Factor job. You expect Brooker to dump her when she got the job?

Plus if you look at Brooker when he's interviewed outside of his TV/Guardian roles, you get the impression that his cynical TV critic persona is clearly a character he has invented. While part of it may really be him, i get the impression he's far from the X-Factor detesting psycho we see on Screenwipe and 'You Have Been Watching' :)

Absolutely. :) It's a bit sad that that needs pointing out to people, isn't it! What we see of Charlie on tv or in print is one facet of him, and one only. He's always seemed like a real softie to me behind the 'rage'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Completely agree with OP anyone saw her on xtra factor tonight she was horrendous and hopefully she won't be chosen to do it next year. She asks a question then talks over them when they attempt to answer. She should have stuck to kids tv tbh
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone else lost confidence and respect for Charlie Brooker since finding out he married Konnie Huq?.

No.

There are currently around 100 British women emotionally involved with prisoners on death row in America, and you question Charlie Brooker for marrying a woman on account of what TV work she does? You have a strange view of the world.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cassie1990 wrote: »
    Completely agree with OP anyone saw her on xtra factor tonight she was horrendous and hopefully she won't be chosen to do it next year. She asks a question then talks over them when they attempt to answer. She should have stuck to kids tv tbh

What? So you think Charlie was wrong to have married her? :eek:

She's a TV presenter!! Is not as if she's a prostitute or bunny torturer or something.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    She's very pretty. He's a lucky chap. Considering he looks like Churchill (off the insurance ads), I think we should give him a collective high-five for having pulled a hotty like Konnie. They do say that women love a man with a sense of humour!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :D A shocking and digraceful omission on his part. How very dare he? Who does he think he is?

I think she's lovely, and I love Charlie, and Charlie obviously loves her since he went and married her, so it's all lovely as far as I'm concerned. :)
    Yup I mean as if he is in any position to judge whether he and konnie are at all compatible by doing things like spending time with her and getting to know her, god knows that people who have watched her on X-Factor and Blue Peter are far better positioned to know all about her personality.

The irony of the poster was wasted on you two!
  • Options
    CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The irony of the poster was wasted on you two!

erm no it wasn't I was just concurring, a thread post reach around as it were.

And I'm pretty sure that's what lexi was doing as well.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great post. Totally agree (and Rugby League, I am getting the irony!)
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    what must they talk about? she's vapid.

Vapid? She's got a 2:1 in Economics from Cambridge ffs.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    She's very pretty. He's a lucky chap. Considering he looks like Churchill (off the insurance ads), I think we should give him a collective high-five for having pulled a hotty like Konnie. They do say that women love a man with a sense of humour!

i think he's hot!
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bet shes dirty in bed
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    from blue peter she's always seemed a right goody two shoes and quite square.

Didn't she go out with Richard Bacon for years who was sacked for coke taking from BP I doubt she's as goody goody as she came across in it.
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »

He comes over as snide and even more smug but he is a lucky if slightly fuggly man. Perhaps he has connections as Konnies tv career has picked up recently.

I'm envious as Konnie does look very nice . I hope CB's bad in the sack. :p;)