best simcard contract?

zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
Forum Member
✭✭
I have phoned 02 to enquire about a simcard contract for £15 they will offer unlimited airtime, and 5GB of internet . Now people on the three network say they get unlimited internet and airtime for £25 per month.
02 do not offer the unlimited internet..

what is the best deals ? And who with, should i unlock my phone from 02 network. Thanks

Comments

• npah3npah3 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Thats a good price. Their web site advertises that amount of data for £24 for a 12 month contract, or £27 on a monthly contract.
  • blueacidblueacid Posts: 2,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have phoned 02 to enquire about a simcard contract for £15 they will offer unlimited airtime, and 5GB of internet . Now people on the three network say they get unlimited internet and airtime for £25 per month.
    02 do not offer the unlimited internet..

what is the best deals ? And who with, should i unlock my phone from 02 network. Thanks

Depends what you need! Are you often going to places where only one particular network offers good coverage? Do you call much, or do you eschew calling in favour of using the internet - and if so, how much? Are you just on whatsapp (which is fairly lightweight in data usage) or are you looking to hammer Youtube for hours on end on a regular basis?
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three offer unlimited data, 300 minutes and lots of texts (not sure, might be unlimited but I rarely send them) for £15 every 30 days on PAYG. If Three has good reception for you then this deal is hard to beat.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    Three offer unlimited data, 300 minutes and lots of texts (not sure, might be unlimited but I rarely send them) for £15 every 30 days on PAYG. If Three has good reception for you then this deal is hard to beat.

Just phoned up 02 today to buy the 12 months contract, as i described in my OP..
    Amanda tells me i was told a lie, the best deal i can get is unlimited calls, except to 0800 numbers, unlimited text, except picture text which will be 45 pence each...

and just 3 GB of internet... should have been 2 GB give me an extra one for being good provider.. this for £20 per month...

so what do you all think now ???
  • Alex_1Alex_1 Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Doesn't sound so good now
    For extra £5 three give unlimited everthing
    or EE will give comparable deals a d good speed

All depends on what give u personal the best coverage really
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're willing to consider Virgin OP, you'll get a better deal with them and a much higher chance of getting the price knocked down in a few months as well - i've got unlimited minutes, texts and 1gb of data for £8 a month as an example.

As has been said, depends on your usage and what you want it for really. If data isn't really an issue, then Virgin are fine.

If you're a customer of theirs as well, you can get their "unlimited" everything sim only deal for £20 quid a month (which has fair use policies, to be fair, but most networks do nowadays).
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member

If you're a customer of theirs as well, you can get their "unlimited" everything sim only deal for £20 quid a month (which has fair use policies, to be fair, but most networks do nowadays).

I guess there's a certain rationale to that from Virgin's point of view, as because you are a customer they know you are not going to be replacing your home broadband with a cellular connection.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »

At the moment three's PAYG at £15 does the job for me. Good mobile data reception where I am, plus I can call the local equivalents of 0800 0808 0844 0845 0870 and 0871 numbers quoted by various companies I need to phone by looking up the Say No To 0870 website.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just phoned up 02 today to buy the 12 months contract, as i described in my OP..
    Amanda tells me i was told a lie, the best deal i can get is unlimited calls, except to 0800 numbers, unlimited text, except picture text which will be 45 pence each...

and just 3 GB of internet... should have been 2 GB give me an extra one for being good provider.. this for £20 per month...

so what do you all think now ???

Since when has the plural of text become text?
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    At the moment three's PAYG at £15 does the job for me. Good mobile data reception where I am, plus I can call the local equivalents of 0800 0808 0844 0845 0870 and 0871 numbers quoted by various companies I need to phone by looking up the Say No To 0870 website.

You pointed out the key thing, good data reception. It does not matter how cheap a deal is or how much allowance you have if the reception and speeds are crap where you use your phone. Anyone considering switching networks should always get a payg sim to try first, don't rely on coverage maps or feckwit phone shop sales people.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Sim only deal with EE , 2000 minutes,unlimited Texts,and 5 GB for only £10 per month :p
  • GigabitGigabit Posts: 8,768
    Forum Member
    jioscar wrote: »
    I have a Sim only deal with EE , 2000 minutes,unlimited Texts,and 5 GB for only £10 per month :p

HOW???
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigabit wrote: »
    HOW???

My guess is its either staff, friends and family or some other company discount. I'd be very surprised if that's a genuine retentions deal
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,604
    Forum Member
    Gigabit wrote: »
    HOW???
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    My guess is its either staff, friends and family or some other company discount. I'd be very surprised if that's a genuine retentions deal

EE don't do 2000 minutes on a sim only contract, so I doubt it is an EE deal.

I would presume it's an old discounted T-Mobile contract. They did some strange retentions deals in the past few years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was with T- Mobile at the end of contract I phoned EE and asked for best sim only deal they said £19.99 I then said I could get a better deal elsewhere and after some bartering they gave me £10 deal for 12 months ! And they do 2000 minutes :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    EE don't do 2000 minutes on a sim only contract, so I doubt it is an EE deal.

I would presume it's an old discounted T-Mobile contract. They did some strange retentions deals in the past few years.

Yes they do 2000 Minutes
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they do 2000 Minutes

not according to their website or the deal comparison sites. t-mobile sims can come with 2000 minutes but not EE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not according to their website or the deal comparison sites. t-mobile sims can come with 2000 minutes but not EE

Well mine has 2000 minutes on my account each month it tells me how many minutes I have left and it's definitely 2000
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    Well mine has 2000 minutes on my account each month it tells me how many minutes I have left and it's definitely 2000

Does it say T-Mobile or EE on your PDF bills? Don't worry about the logo on your phone.
    Forum Member
    I was with T- Mobile at the end of contract I phoned EE and asked for best sim only deal they said £19.99 I then said I could get a better deal elsewhere and after some bartering they gave me £10 deal for 12 months ! And they do 2000 minutes :p

You phoned EE or you just dialed 150 on your T-Mobile handset and took a 12 month retention deal with T-Mobile? If that's what you did you arent on EE.

You seem to be confused by the overall EE name, EE when talking network is the 4G network, T-Mobile and Orange are still separately billed sub-brands of the EE group, and you are not on EE (the network) if your bill comes from T-Mobile and you can't access 4G.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says e-bill and then log in to EE.co.uk/my ee
    Forum Member
    It says e-bill and then log in to EE.co.uk/my ee

So when you log in and view your bill, what name is at the top?

This is an EE bill:

http://s19.postimg.org/jvfbrbrkj/image.jpg

Do you have access to 4G?
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 8GB of data for those out of contract with EE for £11 a month at the EE store in Walthamstow. 12 month contract.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    So when you log in and view your bill, what name is at the top?

This is an EE bill:

http://s19.postimg.org/jvfbrbrkj/image.jpg

Do you have access to 4G?

That's what my bill is like but on the phone it says 3g
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Just saw unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 8GB of data for those out of contract with EE for £11 a month at the EE store in Walthamstow. 12 month contract.

Amazing - must be a store special offer. nothing on the web for that. EE don't do 8GB, but go from 2GB, or 5GB to 10GB - all with unlimited talk and text.