Please can I have one of these for Christmas?

Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep,my cat would really let me do that to him.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no cat fan but that's adoreable :D
  • Miss CheefMiss Cheef Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Crikey if I tried to do that to my cats I'd end up in the A&E for Christmas :D
  • Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss Cheef wrote: »
    Crikey if I tried to do that to my cats I'd end up in the A&E for Christmas :D

I know. I just love the way the cat just sits there and takes it, especially the wrapping of the tail.
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is so lovely, what a little cherub :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love that :)
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat would scrob my arm in a "WTF are you doing?" kind of way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Aww, so cute! I dread to think what would happen to me if i tried that. :eek:
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YT is banned at work but I am most curious?? What was kitty doing? :o
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Full grown cat allowing himself to get wrapped up in christmas paper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    How adorable! I'd love it if my cat let me do that!
  • Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It shows the cat keeper unrolling christmas paper, the cat sitting in the middle while the paper is cut around it and taped over its body (including wrapping the tail). The head is left poking out and is finished off by placing a ribbon rosette on its head. It then gets unwrapped, but stays sitting on the paper. So cute (unlike my monster who is currently on my lap and objects to me typing, so has just clamped her jaws on my hand to stop me:mad:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if any of you have watched more of the videos of Flippycat, but I have just found this one :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMI_oLSes64&NR=1

with this in the comments section by his owner

On July 6th Flippy was put to sleep :(

His health problems got the better of him.

For the last few months we had been treating him for renal failure, which he handled well....However in his last day, Flippy was suffering from heart issues and could not move around much without tiring. We had blood work and an x-ray performed, which also showed a large mass in his tummy. It was time to let him go...

Thanks for all of your supportive comments. Members of Flippy's family have been trying to read them (there are so many!). He will be missed when not starring in future videos here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Not sure if any of you have watched more of the videos of Flippycat, but I have just found this one :cry:

For the last few months we had been treating him for renal failure, which he handled well....However in his last day, Flippy was suffering from heart issues and could not move around much without tiring. We had blood work and an x-ray performed, which also showed a large mass in his tummy. It was time to let him go...

Thanks for all of your supportive comments. Members of Flippy's family have been trying to read them (there are so many!). He will be missed when not starring in future videos here.

Aww. The video with that music is just heart wrenching :cry:
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,996
    Forum Member
    Aww:D:D I felt guilty laughing. :o

My cat wouldn't let me do that. She wouldn't sit still long enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member

I saw that also, yesterday. Very sad. The music is haunting. I have to say that Flippycat looked a little portly in the pics and am not sure if this would have been a contributor or resultant of his condition but, very sad.

It's funny how a little further information can change your mind in an instant. For instance, after seeing the initial video I was going to state on here how funny that this little cat was so patient..then after seeing the memorial/tribute vid of Flippycat, I thought he was perhaps ill so unable/too tired to reject the wrapping paper even if he wanted...so I didn't write anything until now..seeing that another poster had taken the trouble as I did to watch a little more of Flippycat.

So :D...:)...:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozza73 wrote: »
    I saw that also, yesterday. Very sad. The music is haunting. I have to say that Flippycat looked a little portly in the pics and am not sure if this would have been a contributor or resultant of his condition but, very sad.

It's funny how a little further information can change your mind in an instant. For instance, after seeing the initial video I was going to state on here how funny that this little cat was so patient..then after seeing the memorial/tribute vid of Flippycat, I thought he was perhaps ill so unable/too tired to reject the wrapping paper even if he wanted...so I didn't write anything until now..seeing that another poster had taken the trouble as I did to watch a little more of Flippycat.

So :D...:)...:(

Flippy was 16 so he had lived a good life and renal problems aren't unusual in a cat of that age. Actually he was very similar build to my Jacob, who contracted lung problems very quickly in 2008, but before that his health was A1.

That video was done Christmas 2009 7 months before they had to have him PTS, he looked very much alert to me and not at all 'too ill' to let them just do it. If you look at his other videos, it seems that Flippy has always been a very co-operative cat, and if he hadn't enjoyed it, no way would he have put up with humouring the humans!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Flippy was 16 so he had lived a good life and renal problems aren't unusual in a cat of that age. Actually he was very similar build to my Jacob, who contracted lung problems very quickly in 2008, but before that his health was A1.

That video was done Christmas 2009 7 months before they had to have him PTS, he looked very much alert to me and not at all 'too ill' to let them just do it. If you look at his other videos, it seems that Flippy has always been a very co-operative cat, and if he hadn't enjoyed it, no way would he have put up with humouring the humans!!

My old cat was 16/17 when he died and he died of similar...but was a lean cat. I still think the cat (Flippycat) was a little 'fat' and this cannot have helped..but each to their own, I suppose.
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so cute, especially with the bow on it's head.