Simon's comments before he booted Mary off the show

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
Forum Member
What was he on about? He mentioned something she had said on The Xtra Factor show last night, something about 'criticism'.

Mary looked resigned the moment Dannii voted. Did Mary slag him off or something?

Comments

• Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I was wondering what all that was about, too.
  • realcoolgurlrealcoolgurl Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Mary said on Xtra Factor last night that Simon is a lovely man but he should make up his mind, as a couple of weeks ago Simon was saying that Mary should be singing an up to date and more modern song, then when she did this last night, Simon said he would have preferred her to have sung something more contempory, hence the making his mind up comment.

She also thought Matt's "She's Always A Woman" was the best song last week, so something else she did not agree with Simon, but I think it was more to do with Mary and her song choices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah she did slag Simon off about comments he made during the show. I cant remember exactly what she said but remember thinking she wasnt doing herself any favours by saying it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    I thought what she said last night was very fair, and it was her own honest opinion. She didnt slate him as a person, but he obviously didnt like someone answering back to him.

I thought it was a bit nasty of him to bring it up with her as if she had said something bitchy when it clearly wasnt. She was just responding to Konnies question.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,645
    Forum Member
    It's not as if he was ever going to put her through rather than Cher anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doh! contemporary and modern in this context are the same!

He was being entirely consistent and repeating his exact same point :p
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could have knelt down and kissed his feet last night and declared him a God and he would still have kept Cher.
    The way he and Cheryl patronized and dismissed her and more or less said tatty bye , your not a popstar said it all. One way or another, she was going.